Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
murmkc
Mouseketeer

I was very excited about this new promotion... but with the lack of info and how terrible the official limited time magic webpage is (links that just reload the same info, no substantial information) - I have my doubts. How can you try to hit a week that appeals to you when there is no advance notice?

How many MBA's did it take to screw this one up?
murmkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
canadadoug
Earning My Ears

This sounds like a make it up as we go. With all of the attention on FLE, the marketing team probably ran out of time. This promotion allowed them to announce the theme, but worry about the details later. They probably have some of the big weeks worked out, but it sounds like most of them will be fleshed out not that far in advance.
canadadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizfan View Post
Glad to hear Disney realizes larger events like the Salute to the Golden Horseshoe Revue need to be announced earlier and last long enough for people to plan around.

Smaller Limited Time Magic events, I can understand keeping as more of a surprise.

I know it will never happen, but if they decided to bring back The Adventurer's Club for a month, the place would be packed every night.
The Adventurer's Club is one thing I might consider booking a trip around! Kungaloosh!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
The Adventurer's Club is one thing I might consider booking a trip around! Kungaloosh!
I agree. I think I will make a Kungaloosh for NYE!
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #20
murmkc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizfan View Post
i agree. I think i will make a kungaloosh for nye!
count me in!
murmkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #21
PrincessTori96
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason71 View Post
The "conspiracy theory" is that LTM is mostly to placate local APs (and/or keep them occupied) as Fastpass Plus is introduced, which seems likely to be unpopular with the locals.
Being a local myself, I'll admit, I'm not too thrilled with the new Fastpass Plus idea, nor are any of my Disney friends. But I usually don't go on rides often anyway... I'm more of a character hunting kind of person, so these events are thrilling for me!

How can you read this? It doesn't have any pictures!
I'm just a princess enjoying my adventures through Walt Disney World every weekend...
PrincessTori96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #22
Virtucomp
DIS Veteran

Limited Time Magic means they will set up short term events for the entertainment of the guests at the park at that time. Why is it a problem that they don't announce the events well in advance?

The way I see it, Disney is just adding more to the magic of the parks. If you go once in your life you might see something that is not normally there. If you go once a year you might happen to be there when some Limited Time event is going on.

I don't see why they even announce the Limited Time events. Just think of it as a bonus to what you can already see in the parks.

When they had the year of a million dreams you could have a CM walk up to you and give you a fast pass or an Ice Cream and all kinds of other prizes. If you were in the park and in the right place you might get some extra magic. They did not announce that the 300th guest walking in the gate would be getting a free fast pass. It just happen. It was fun to know they magic might come your way.
Aug 1990 Fort Wilderness Camp, Nov 2000 All Star Movie, Oct 2003 All Star Music, May 2005 Pop, June 2006 Pop, Aug 2007 POFQ, May 2010 POFQ, Dec 2011 Caribbean Beach, May 2013 Boardwalk, September 2014 Coronado Springs Food & Wine Festival

Virtucomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #23
canadadoug
Earning My Ears

This week you can vote on art for crap to buy next year... WORST PROMO EVER.

Does anyone at Disney even care about this stupid promo? They should have just themed the promo into the FLE and called it a day.
canadadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #24
disneydad123456789
Earning My Ears

I am going to Disney World in March for two weeks and part of the excitement about going, is to be able to talk to my kids about all the cool things around the park.

I wrote guest relations an email asking what the LTM will be for the 2 weeks that we will be there and they wrote back the same day. They explained that they have over 100 ideas of the themed weeks thought of, but nothing has been set in stone yet. They said that the imagineers have a very carefull formula that they use to put their themes with certain weeks.

The letter then stated that since I am going to Disney during their peek times, I can rest assured, that the imagineers will have an amazing theme planned, Especially being that Easter is on March 31st.

So it kinda sounded like to me that crowd levels are a factor when planning LTM.
disneydad123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: