Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #136
counteroffer
Earning My Ears

I just read this whole thing and all I can say is - wow. I cannot believe the arrogance and rudenss of this owner.
counteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #137
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

If ever there was a thread I wished I had popcorn for, it's this one. Unbelievable!

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #138
candizfan
DIS Veteran

Hopefully the owner has not had more contact with you. If she does, you need to report her to the authorities as she seems unstable to me.

Good luck with your next vacation rental.
offsite'95,2000,01,03,POR July 03,SSR July 05, Disney Magic Mar 07, OKW Mar 08, AKV July 08, SSR Jan 09, Disney Magic Mar 09, AKV Mar 2010, SSR Feb 11, Disney Magic Mar 11, AKV May 12, Universal Mar 13, Disney Fantasy Mar 14
candizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #139
big303842
FiVe YeAr OlD aT HeArT

long time lurker first time poster..

wow........
Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #140
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

I read the initial post and then skipped to the last page because I could not believe this thread went to 10 pages. Now that I read the last page I am going to read the middle.

Sorry to OP that you had such a bad experience with your rental, perhaps it would be better to rent a time share directly from the establishment so at least there would be some accountability. I hope your vacation other than the house was a good time.
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013,NCL Jewel-Aug 2014, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014, CCL Liberty Oct 2014, Nov 2014 (B2B) RCCL Enchantment Nov 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #141
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candizfan View Post
Hopefully the owner has not had more contact with you. If she does, you need to report her to the authorities as she seems unstable to me.

Good luck with your next vacation rental.
She has not contracted me again and neither has "Kathy". I hope the owner learned her lesson and learns to treat renters better. But I just looked on her website and the grill is still on it, so either she bought a new one or she did not learn anything.

It is just to bad that it had to go down like it did.
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #142
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

did this owner have references? when we go off site i always ask for them. I have never had a problem. Hopefully this is a rare instance if this owner has rented before.
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #143
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
did this owner have references? when we go off site i always ask for them. I have never had a problem. Hopefully this is a rare instance if this owner has rented before.
I looked at her online reviews and it all seemed legit. It was my first time renting a house so I thought I did all my research that I needed to do. I checked out her management company and they were good, but she switched bewteen the time I rented and the time we actually stayed and I did not know that.

It was just one of those things were I got a really bad owner and paid the price for it. But I also rented 3 other homes at the same time (we had a family reunion down there) and had absolutely no issues with those. So it was just a bad apple.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #144
SunkistJoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorlevismom View Post
I looked at her online reviews and it all seemed legit. It was my first time renting a house so I thought I did all my research that I needed to do. I checked out her management company and they were good, but she switched bewteen the time I rented and the time we actually stayed and I did not know that.

It was just one of those things were I got a really bad owner and paid the price for it. But I also rented 3 other homes at the same time (we had a family reunion down there) and had absolutely no issues with those. So it was just a bad apple.
Would you mind posting the names of the other 3 homes you rented? We are looking for a home for Sept or Oct and would love to know which ones are good. Thanks to your heads up we definitely know who to stay away from!

DH, Me,
SunkistJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #145
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunkistJoy View Post
Would you mind posting the names of the other 3 homes you rented? We are looking for a home for Sept or Oct and would love to know which ones are good. Thanks to your heads up we definitely know who to stay away from!
Sure!

Laughing Place - Beth Stec, owner.
This is a 4 bedroom house and was great. The owner is amazing and extremely easy to work with. We are renting from her again next month. She also owns 2 townhomes in Windsor Hills. Home is managed by Florida Sun.
http://www.laughingplacevilla.com/

Magic Palace - Rita Smith
This is a 5 bedroom house. The layout was a little strange - but the house was clean and Rita was pleasant to work with.
http://www.themagicorlandorental.com/magicpalace

Tinkerbells Retreat
This is a 6 bedroom home, but the owners also own a 4 bedroom house as well. It was very clean and managed by Magical Vacation Homes.
http://www.windsorwonderland.com/#

If you have any questions about any of them, please let me know. I am more than happy to help!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #146
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Wow...thanks for the naptime entertainment What a nut. Glad this got bumped up so others will not rent from her. We are renting from WH in June, but thankfully not from her!
nugov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #147
ABtwinmommy
Mouseketeer

Wow.

Thank you for the review ..... And the subsequent entertainment

I must say, the owner's response and reaction to the situation including the "reviews submitted by owner" and the whole "Kathryn" thing was just and 10x more of a reason to NEVER EVER rent that property than the original issue in the first place. Your issues were completely valid but I don't think the owner could have handled it worse. That was... special.
Planning next trip to my happy place ~ Jan/Feb 2014-CR/BC
ABtwinmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #148
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Wow I read this a while back. Thanks to Kathryn I don't think many people here will risk renting from this person. A whole lot of crazy. BUMP This one should be a sticky!!!

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #149
SunkistJoy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorlevismom View Post
If you have any questions about any of them, please let me know. I am more than happy to help!
Thank you! I will look into each of these.

DH, Me,
SunkistJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #150
mrsklamc
I apologize in advance, but what is a click clack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunkistJoy View Post
We had great experiences with 5mins2disney and romancing the mouse.
mrsklamc is offline   Reply With Quote