DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #16
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Is it possible that the Broker or closing agent is selling your info?

Bill
Anything is possible. A few years back I was receiving three calls a week from people wanting to sell my timeshare for me. When I asked where they got my info they told me they got it from Marriott (I own MVC). I spoke with Marriott and they were furious, insisting that they don't sell customer's information and that the people making the calls comb the state websites that record all timeshare ownerships/transactions. I'm inclined to believe Marriott over some potential scammer. Still...it's a big pain, so I'm sorry for anyone who has to go through it.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #17
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Is it possible that the Broker or closing agent is selling your info?

Bill
I don't know. I don't really care either. Our house phone is there for our security system in the house only. We don't even use it or give the number out really. I just thought it was weird that today the transfer is complete and I get my first call. I would think they got my info from Disney? I can see Disney giving that stuff out before the broker. OR the closing agent, maybe.
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
JMW123
Earning My Ears

My personal trick for situations like this or telmarketers

The quickest way to get off those lists is to be more annoying than the person calling you.

I always open with "What are you wearing?" 90% of calls get dropped there.

If they answer you, then continue to ask questions like you are a 3 year old.

If they say jeans, then ask them what brand? what color? cowboy fit or bell-bottom? Are they approved for your workplace attire? Don't you miss the old days when everyone wore suits to work? Do you have a suit at home? What brand is the suit? what color? 2 Button or three button?

Just keep going and they will actually hang up on you rather that you hanging up on them.

This seems to get me off the list every time, except that one time that this one sales rep answered all my questions for about 20 minutes, finally I gave her a congratulations for passing my test and now she is my long distance phone provider.

Last edited by JMW123; 01-28-2013 at 09:23 PM.
JMW123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #19
Ericandjenng
DVC--Bay Lake Tower & Hilton Head Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW123 View Post
The quickest way to get off those lists is to be more annoying than the person calling you.

If they say jeans, then ask them what brand? what color? cowboy fit or bell-bottom? Are they approved for your workplace attire? Don't you miss the old days when everyone wore suits to work? Do you have a suit at home? What brand is the suit? what color? 2 Button or three button?

Just keep going and they will actually hang up on you rather that you hanging up on them.

This seems to get me off the list every time, except that one time that this one sales rep answered all my questions for about 20 minutes, finally I gave her a congratulations for passing my test and now she is my long distance phone provider.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW123 View Post

for years I used to use these 2 lines:

winter: ya (he or she) is out cutting the grass.
summer: ya (he or she) is out shoveling the roof. got a ton of snow yesterday.

if that didn't get them i would also use the whole. . . "he just said he was going out for milk, but it's been days now and he didn't come back yet". . .
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: