Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Anybody Gluten Free eat at BOG yet?

We have a res for 4-23 and I'm extremely excited that we even were able to grab it since I was hearing they were booked through June! My question is had anyone living the gf food style eaten here yet? If so is it as great as the non-gf people have said?
Lemonademouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I am interested in this as well. We are going in Feb and unfortunately because we had to change our dates we lost our dinner ADR. But we are thinking we may try lunch there one day. Our DS was just diagnosed in Dec with a wheat allergy so this is our first time in WDW being gluten free. I really want to try BOG but if DS is going to have issues with the GF menu, then we will skip it.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
DianaLeslie
Mouseketeer

Funny, I was coming over to ask the same thing.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
disneyfan'08
Earning My Ears

On our recent trip (Christmas-New Years) we ate there for dinner twice. My mom and I both have Celiac Disease and it was awesome!!! The chefs were really friendly and many things were naturally gluten-free.

They brought out gluten free bread to the table and they actually warmed the rolls before they gave them to us. We had the potato leek soup. I'm pretty sure that the french onion soup can also be modified so it can be gluten free (We never actually ordered it). For entrees everything besides the sauteed shrimp and scallops they can do gf. The fries are made in a dedicated fryer so they were safe.

For dessert, they have the gluten-free, sugar-free cream puff. They also have sorbet or fresh fruit. We avoid artificial sweeteners and there is only so much sorbet one person can have in a week. We got a cup of chocolate mousse and raspberries for dessert.

Overall we loved our meal and we'll definitely go back to Be Our Guest for dinner! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I'd be happy to answer them for you!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

My husband (gluten free) and I went for lunch the week before Christmas and then for dinner on January 15.

He can't remember what he had for lunch but it was very good.

Dinner was amazing. I had read so so reviews on the food and we were blown away (both gf and not). Since this is about gf let me just say he had the ratatouille (sp?) because he had never had that and ate every bit. They brought his food separate as well as his rolls and salted butter. Additionally he was offered extra rolls. He also had the gf dessert described above and enjoyed it as well. Like the previous poster they told him he could have everything but one of the dinner items (modified) and I forget which one it was now but he certainly had a lot more options than some days.

All of us enjoyed our food immensely and would not hesitate to return.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Just had lunch at BOG this past weekend. Had the steak sandwich. It was one of the best meals I have had at WDW. Had the lemon raspberry puff (GF) would have been better if it was chocolate, but it was good.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney
Just had lunch at BOG this past weekend. Had the steak sandwich. It was one of the best meals I have had at WDW. Had the lemon raspberry puff (GF) would have been better if it was chocolate, but it was good.
How was the bread? Did it fall apart like the buns at the quick service?
Lemonademouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth View Post
How was the bread? Did it fall apart like the buns at the quick service?
No it was actually quite good. I did not think to ask if it was udis. The bread was more bun like and been warmed. I cut the sandwich in half and nothing fell apart.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No it was actually quite good. I did not think to ask if it was udis. The bread was more bun like and been warmed. I cut the sandwich in half and nothing fell apart.
Was you able to complete your order at the kiosk without talking to a chef or manager. I know they added allergy options to the kiosk but wondering if you was able to do it using the kiosk.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
Was you able to complete your order at the kiosk without talking to a chef or manager. I know they added allergy options to the kiosk but wondering if you was able to do it using the kiosk.
My husband was - there is a spot where you click your allergy/special food need and if it is listed you just order right there. Very handy.

Liz
Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz

My husband was - there is a spot where you click your allergy/special food need and if it is listed you just order right there. Very handy.

Liz
Thanks hopefully they expand and offer that at all quick services and make it easier for other guest with multiple allergies. But I still think Disney dose not allow multiple ones on the kiosk so you have to talk to the chef to make sure you get the food you can eat.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post

Liz
Everyone was directed to a cashier. The cashier placed the order and called for a chef.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Everyone was directed to a cashier. The cashier placed the order and called for a chef.
Weird we had two different experiences. We never saw a chef. My husbands food was brought to the table separately though by a manager type.

Loz
Old 01-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #14
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david

Thanks hopefully they expand and offer that at all quick services and make it easier for other guest with multiple allergies. But I still think Disney dose not allow multiple ones on the kiosk so you have to talk to the chef to make sure you get the food you can eat.
Oh I know there was a list of allergies but he only has celiac's so he is good with the gluten free options. You are right though that multiple allergies would be more difficult to order through a kiosk.

Liz
Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz

Oh I know there was a list of allergies but he only has celiac's so he is good with the gluten free options. You are right though that multiple allergies would be more difficult to order through a kiosk.

Liz
They tested an iPad with allergy info at brown derby last year so wonder if they took what worked with that and put in into this. I think they should have an iPad or something that you can look at while waiting so when you talk to the chef you have some ideas what can be done.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: