Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #2161
jabead
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 6,922

ITS RECRUITMENT TIME!!!


I have heard back from nearly all of our February team (still waiting on a couple ), so I believe that February is going to be a very active month here on the live thread. I'm looking forward to receiving lots of delicious food photos from our February team!

I could however, use one more reporter during the week of Feb. 15 - Feb. 22, in case anyone is interested.

Back in August when the idea of this "live thread" was born, I asked a few of our veteran Disney Dining reporters to send me an occasional pic during their August trips to the World. To be perfectly honest, in the beginning I was using this as a "stall tactic", as my Dining Report was coming to an end just a bit sooner than I had planned (I had a particular "grand finale" in mind, which involved a Labor Day DISmeet with Linda67 ). But it turned out to be so much fun receiving these "live updates" from emmysmommy, GoofySon'sMom, and Tracer00, that I decided to continue and launched this new thread in September. Now I'm excited to say that I will again have the honor of receiving "live updates" from emmysmommy during her mother-daughter trip from 2/23 - 3/7. And GoofySon'sMom will also be taking another trip from 3/22 - 3/26 and has offered to be a live reporter for a third time.

With this in mind, I have decided to continue with this thread, at least thru the month of March. There is though a possibility that I will need to take a break during the week of March 22 - March 30, but if so then I will try to make arrangements to keep the thread going during my absence.


So I am now recruiting for the month of March.


Here are the volunteers I have so far:

emmysmommy - thru 3/4
LumosQ102 - thru 3/7
wdwpirates - thru 3/10
woodleygrrl - 3/3 - 3/10
#1eeyoregirl - 3/8 - 3/17
MicRac - 3/16 - 3/22
DannysMom - 3/20 - 3/27
GoofySon'sMom - 3/22 - 3/26
KMarston - 3/30 - 4/6
PirateRachel - 3/31 - 4/6

As you can see, we already have at least one reporter at Disney World for nearly the entire month of March. However, it would be nice to have at least a few more volunteers. So if you are planning a trip for March, please consider sending us some live updates either by text or email.


Also, I'm still taking names of those interested for April - June. At this time, I'm not ready to commit past 4/6 (the end of KMarston's trip) but if there is enough interest in doing the live updates, then I will seriously consider it.

Here are the volunteers I have so far:

APRIL
mommakacie - 4/3 - 4/10
mousiemom - 4/15 - 4/19
Hannikins - 4/18 - 4/25
buzz1121 - 4/20 - 4/27
Rarity - 4/25 - 4/28
aladdinsgirl - 4/30 - 5/10


MAY
MrsBearcat - 5/11 - 5/16
CalSea12 - 5/11 - 5/21
AvasMommy526 - 5/21 - 6/1
buzz1121 - 5/25 - 6/8


JUNE
DisneyMamato4 - 6/2 - 6/9
disnmooner2013 - 6/3 - 6/10
sarabear - 6/5 - 6/12
dutchdisneyfamily - 6/6 - 6/14
GreenCntryGirl - 6/7 - 6/13
Goofyluver - 6/16 - 6/21
JennyWren - 6/24 - 7/1
KateB - 6/25 - 7/1


Last, I would like to thank everyone who has commented recently and let me know how much they are enjoying this thread. These comments are helpful to me in determining the level of interest for continuing the thread. I also love to see comments regarding specific updates which you find particularly interesting or helpful. Most of the credit for the success of this thread belongs to our many volunteer reporters, so please don't be "shy" about commenting on their great updates. I'm sure it's encouraging for them to see that their efforts are appreciated, and IMHO it also makes the thread more interesting.
__________________
Barb

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary


DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 02-05-2013 at 10:10 AM.
jabead is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #2162
DaisyluvzGoofy
Earning My Ears
 
DaisyluvzGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 12

Marshallsmommy, i'm so sad to hear you didn't enjoy the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party!!! I have this booked for our trip as a surprise for DH. He's got quite the sweet tooth and I figured he'd love this!!

Thanks for the timeline of when you arrived/what the line was like based on your ADR, it'll help us a lot! Our ADR is 7:10 as well, but i'll be sure to get there extra early! Thanks again!!
__________________
DaisyluvzGoofy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #2163
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,579

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyluvzGoofy
Marshallsmommy, i'm so sad to hear you didn't enjoy the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party!!! I have this booked for our trip as a surprise for DH. He's got quite the sweet tooth and I figured he'd love this!!

Thanks for the timeline of when you arrived/what the line was like based on your ADR, it'll help us a lot! Our ADR is 7:10 as well, but i'll be sure to get there extra early! Thanks again!!
By the way, in case people don't know, your seats are assigned by when you purchased your tickets, so when you arrive not a big deal other than getting to the desserts first!!

We did this last April and loved it, but I think it all depends on the crowd. We had the front row table too and only a few people went to the rail. We could easily see everything.
__________________
Kathymford is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #2164
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH
 
wdwpirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,047

Li Li & Nigel...thanks for that awesome review of Splitsville!! Can't wait to try it out!!
__________________
Me (Kerri-34) DH (Jim-38)

wdwpirates is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #2165
jmm476
DIS Veteran
 
jmm476's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 984

Thanks

I wanted to say thanks for posting the order form for Goofy's Candy Co. If I had known how easy it was, I might have actually purchased a treat during my last few trips! I thought it would be like ordering at Subway and I didn't want to hold up the line while I tried to make my decisions...

Also, a big thanks for Barb for keeping the thread going. It's the first thread I look at whenever I log in and I look forward to it!
__________________
WDW Commando Member #75

Next trip - April 2014 - one night at All Star Sports with co-workers!

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #2166
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH
 
wdwpirates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,047

Good article!! Thanks for posting!! I try to always remember to ruen off the flash but sometimes I do forget.

Does anyone else ohotograph their food in places other than WDW?? I do!! LOL!!

ETA: Whoops! This was in response to rachel09985's post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2151
__________________
Me (Kerri-34) DH (Jim-38)

wdwpirates is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #2167
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,244

I was suprised to see how many options there were on that Splitsville menu. I honestly had not looked at it before now.

Ahhh...CG!!!!! That bacon cheeseburger flatbread is so good! My DS11 got that in Dec and both DH & I really enjoyed it!
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #2168
DaisyluvzGoofy
Earning My Ears
 
DaisyluvzGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
By the way, in case people don't know, your seats are assigned by when you purchased your tickets, so when you arrive not a big deal other than getting to the desserts first!!

We did this last April and loved it, but I think it all depends on the crowd. We had the front row table too and only a few people went to the rail. We could easily see everything.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I know seats are assigned, and i'm hoping we did fairly well in that regard, because I booked on the third day after this date opened! I certainly want to have as much time to enjoy the treats as possible!!

What time of the year did you go? I'm sure there will be much activity when we're there since it's the week before the marathon...
__________________
DaisyluvzGoofy is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #2169
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer
 
disnmooner2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 491

Jabeed - We will be there from June 3-10. I think I would like to give live reporting a try. The only thing is it is our honeymoon and not sure if I want to take time at night to report every night. Before I make a decision if you could pm me with more info on what exactly this entails please.
__________________
JUNE 2013 HONEYMOON AT WILDERNESS LODGE HONEYMOON ROOM W/ CLUB LEVEL

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT
disnmooner2013 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #2170
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?
 
Kathymford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 25 miles from DLR
Posts: 1,579

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyluvzGoofy View Post
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I know seats are assigned, and i'm hoping we did fairly well in that regard, because I booked on the third day after this date opened! I certainly want to have as much time to enjoy the treats as possible!!

What time of the year did you go? I'm sure there will be much activity when we're there since it's the week before the marathon...
I went to the Dessert party the last week of April 2012.
__________________
Kathymford is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:04 PM   #2171
DisneyMamato4
Disney Obsessed!
 
DisneyMamato4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 211

I'll put my name back in for June just in case you decide to continue! My family will be there June 2- June 9 back at our favorite resort AKL!
__________________
Christina - SAHM to 4 Little Princesses and 1 Goofy Little boy
DisneyMamato4 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #2172
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: On the westside of the cornfield and to the east of the soybeans
Posts: 182

We will be there May 11th-16th with 3 TS and the rest QS. I would be glad to text you pictures if you are still doing this thread then.
__________________
The Merry Christmas Sheldon Hypothesis! May & Nov 13 PTR

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970848
MrsBearcat is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #2173
disnmooner2013
Mouseketeer
 
disnmooner2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 491

jabead if you are still doing it in June count me in for June 3-10. THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFULlY HARD WORK AT KEEPING THIS THREAD UPDATED DAILY . It gives all of us a place to see people's eating pics from Disney
__________________
JUNE 2013 HONEYMOON AT WILDERNESS LODGE HONEYMOON ROOM W/ CLUB LEVEL

OUR 2013 DISNEYMOON TRIP REPORT

Last edited by disnmooner2013; 01-29-2013 at 06:08 PM.
disnmooner2013 is offline  
Old 01-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #2174
buzz1121
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 799

Oh my goodness Barb! I love looking at this thread! I can not begin to imagine how much work you have put and continue to put into keeping it going. Thank you so much! I like seeing the "real time" food options in the World.

My family is planning to be at WDW to April 20 -27 to celebrate DS and DD1's birthday. We are going back for a combo Legoland/Disney trip May 25 - June 8.

If you will PM me the basic information, I believe we would like to try to help support the thread with actual food pictures/comments instead of just drooling over it!

We have smartphones as well as our ipad so hopefully we will be good to go.

If you decide to continue on past June, DH and I are considering an "adult only" trip in September and we plan on a family holiday season trip as well, likely in mid December.
buzz1121 is online now  
Old 01-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #2175
jabead
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 6,922

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMamato4 View Post
I'll put my name back in for June just in case you decide to continue! My family will be there June 2- June 9 back at our favorite resort AKL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBearcat View Post
We will be there May 11th-16th with 3 TS and the rest QS. I would be glad to text you pictures if you are still doing this thread then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disnmooner2013 View Post
jabead if you are still doing it in June count me in for June 3-10. THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFULlY HARD WORK AT KEEPING THIS THREAD UPDATED DAILY . It gives all of us a place to see people's eating pics from Disney
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
Oh my goodness Barb! I love looking at this thread! I can not begin to imagine how much work you have put and continue to put into keeping it going. Thank you so much! I like seeing the "real time" food options in the World.

My family is planning to be at WDW to April 20 -27 to celebrate DS and DD1's birthday. We are going back for a combo Legoland/Disney trip May 25 - June 8.

If you will PM me the basic information, I believe we would like to try to help support the thread with actual food pictures/comments instead of just drooling over it!

We have smartphones as well as our ipad so hopefully we will be good to go.

If you decide to continue on past June, DH and I are considering an "adult only" trip in September and we plan on a family holiday season trip as well, likely in mid December.


I got you all added to the potential list. Thank you so much for volunteering.
__________________
Barb

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary


DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: