Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Question Eastern Caribbean Excursions (including Dive/Snorkel) with younger cruisers

Hi All,

We will be taking our first Eastern Caribbean cruise this summer and I started looking at the excursions since our booking window opens in a few weeks. I was disappointed at the offerings in St. Maarten especially when cruising with a 7 year old. Most of the more active, water based excursions seem to start at age 8 or 10. Can anyone recommend excursions their younger kids really enjoyed? Thinking DD might find an island tour boring.

We are both divers and would like to find a boat where DD could come along and snorkel but can't figure out which dive shops DCL uses to contact them to ask if that is a possibility. Anyone dived recently in either St. Maarten or St. Thomas/John through DCL?

Thanks for the help! The Excursion review threads on the boards have really dated info.

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Bump

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
lorenni
DIS Veteran

I don't think you'll find an excursion where you can dive while your child snorkels. You may need to settling for all snorkeling together - though perhaps not with DCL.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #4
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
I don't think you'll find an excursion where you can dive while your child snorkels. You may need to settling for all snorkeling together - though perhaps not with DCL.
Thanks! Been on dive boats where this was available many times, but wasn't sure about shops in these places.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

It has been done, when you book independant of the ship....in other words, once you find the dive shops, you need to talk with them and book it yourself. We've done this many times.

The best thing to do is just Google "Dive shops in....(insert island)" and go from there. It takes time, but you might find what you're looking for easier that way.

Also, any of the larger dive operators that you'll come across will be safe for you....since they're big tourist destinations, their reputations depend on being reliable.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: