Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
mbrocker
Mouseketeer

Proof of age?

I noticed, buried in the fine print of my cruise booking, a line about the Kids Sail Free discount. It said I had to email or fax proof of my children's age within 48 hours of booking?

Really? Has anyone else done this? I'm curious because it is REALLY buried and doesn't seem very obvious.
mbrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

And if DCL already has their passport on file, does that count?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

I saw something that you had to fax the age of 17 year olds within the 48 hours.

I think if you have to do it, they will tell you or your TA will. For Florida rates, you have to fax in proof of residency within 48 hours and they really do make you do it, even if you have done it twice before within 6 months! On-line, when you book, there is a warning in red that tells you to do it.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
kristieboyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrocker View Post
I noticed, buried in the fine print of my cruise booking, a line about the Kids Sail Free discount. It said I had to email or fax proof of my children's age within 48 hours of booking?

Really? Has anyone else done this? I'm curious because it is REALLY buried and doesn't seem very obvious.
I believe this is only for 17 year olds to verify that they will still be 17 at the time of boarding. We had to do it for our DD for our upcoming Feb cruise, but Disney made it very clear to us at the time of booking and gave us the e-mail address to send the documentation. All I had to send in was a copy of her driver's license.
kristieboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

We did kids sail free in 2010. We didn't have to send proof though we had cruised the year before and the kids had the same passport we used the year before so I don't know if that made a difference or not.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #6
kristieboyd
Mouseketeer

Also, I want to add, Disney ONLY asked for age verification for our DD17, not for our DS7 or DS4, so I'm fairly certain that it's only required for children that are 17 years old.
kristieboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrocker View Post

FL res bookings have the same requirement. Yes, they want a copy of a driver's license, passport, or birth certificate on 17s. Don't know how strict they are on the KSF, but if they don't get the proof on a FL res, they will automatically convert the booking to a regular price. OUCH.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
mbrocker
Mouseketeer

Phew!

Glad smarter minds caught the 17YO thing. Mine are still many many years younger. I was getting kind of worried.

Especially because we're not doing passports - so we won't be giving them BC info until we arrive.
mbrocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: