Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #46
Bothepro24
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgram
This is going to be my first solo to WDW. My grandkids are going to be seniors in high school and involved in Fall sports. My husband doesn't share my love of all things Disney so I will be going alone. I have decided that as far as doing the parks by myself, I can do that. But when it came to eating by myself, I am a bit afraid. I was considering to do just QS. After reading about all the places you all have gone alone and enjoyed, I have decided to go ahead with the dining plan and do some table meals! I am going to call and make my reseservations and wait for the 180 days to make my ADRs! Thank you, everyone! Maybe I will meet some of you in Sept!
I have been doing solo's for the last 5 years and don't worry about a thing. It may be the most enjoyable trip you've ever made. I have dined everywhere as a single and the great thing about Disney is they always make you feel special.
Bothepro24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #47
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

I'm doing a solo trip next week and my dinning plans are to eat at Rainforest but sit at the bar because there is all kinds of activity to watch behind the bar. Turf Club at SSR. Olivia at OKW.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 02:50 AM   #48
Poohs100AcreWood
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff

I went solo this past September and had some great TS.

T-Rex Cafe - I am a lover of all things dinosaur, so I booked this one on arrival night. Good food, great service from a waiter who literally sat down at my table to take my order and talk with me. The only downside was the noise level and being seated next to a dinosaur, which caused multiple kids to come within inches of me to to get pictures.

Ohana breakfast - GREAT food and the characters were awesome. My waiter was MIA for most of my meal and not really interactive, so I had the family at the next table over take my picture for me (actually Stitch grabbed the father and threw my camera into his hands).

Crystal Palace lunch - Love Winnie the Pooh and the food is amazing. My waitress was very sweet and the handlers were great at getting my camera for pictures.

Chefs de France lunch - I loved the atmosphere here and was seated next to the window to people watch. It was slow on that day and my waiter spent a lot of time talking to me. The staff there was very nice, and when Remy broke down, they offered for me to come back during his later appearance. (Which I did, since Remy was my main reason for the reservation)

Yak and Yeti - One of my favorite meals. Great atmosphere, window seating, and friendly waitress.

Hollywood & Vine - Yes, I went here solo, despite the characters. Why? I'm a character hunter and this is the only place to meet June and Oso. Oddly enough, I barely saw them for more than a picture and I kept having Handy Manny Jake coming back to my table. Haha! Food was okay, and it was loud. I don't regret going there, but I probably won't again.

Sci-Fi - I loved the giant TV showing b&w shows, and I really liked the food (the Solar Flare shake is to die for!). I plan on booking for my upcoming trip.

San Angel Inn - I was actually seated next to another solo on this day, who asked me to take her picture, but we didn't really talk, which I regret. She was pretty much the only other one who I met that week. But anyway, food was great, waiter was great, and the atmosphere is amazing!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #49
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

Smile

I've made 2 solo trips to WDW without DS who is 17 now.
I enjoy doing the Deluxe DDP and experiencing all the great TS restaurants WDW has to offer. I prefer Table service restaurants, not really a Quick service eater except for treats like Dole Whip, Mickey Ice Cream Bars, Yorkshire Fish in England at Epcot, and a few other goodies.

Although I wish I had some folks to enjoy a meal with on my solo trips to WDW...I have had some great experiences at Character meals, while dining alone! I really enjoy going to character meals.

1900 Park Faire in the Grand Floridian was one of them.
I went for dinner & had a great time interacting with the characters.
The Evil Step sisters were very engaging! Drizella actually sat down at my table and conversed with me, and then hollered out and called over her sister and they both interacted with me. It was so much fun!

At different restaurants, I have had some great servers who have hung around, seeing I was alone, so they could take pics for me with my camera.
Other times some nice families seated near by took pics for me with Characters.

I've dined alone at MANY of the Table Service restaurants and was always made to feel welcome and special.

Me DS 19

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
Oct. 2014 Split stays at AKL, AOA, & ASM
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #50
ckelly14
Lurker

Great thread, but I'm not always clear which restaurants are just good for solo vs. ones you can belly up to the bar in.

If the restaurants have a bar, is it usually first come, first served or any of you making solo reservations?

Going to a conference in Disney and taking a few days to tour by myself. Going to the Magic Kingdom one AM to see the new Fantasyland and head back through through Epcot via monorail on the way back to the Swan. Considering one of the monorail resorts vs. Epcot restaurant for a late lunch that day. Like to be able to sit at the bar and eat. Any suggestions?

Also, looking for a good dinner place in DHS prior to Fantasmic (I've never seen it...) with the same criteria. People mentioned 50's cafe but I'm still not clear if there's a bar or if it's a great place for a table....

Thanks!
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: