Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #24
kalel29
Dis Dad #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I don't think it's an uncommon feeling at all, to be thinking about something being finished before it's even started.

I started my online "life" when newly engaged, and after all the planning that brides (and some grooms) do for their weddings (and remember, this is somewhat new, because the mother of the bride was generally the planner just a couple generations ago) it is EXTREMELY common to start a "and then the wedding will be over" line of thought that makes you sad. Of course you've got married life to look forward to, but "married life" isn't different to *everyone*, so you never know if it will feel new or just the same. And then there's the honeymoon you plan and look forward to, etc.

And with the intense Disneyland/world planning we do here, same thing.

So it's no surprise to be counting down and sort of already living in the last few days of the cruise. If it's any consolation, at least you're not alone.

As we are leaving DLR, WDW, or Universal Orlando, we are sad, but now we are happy for those arriving! Soon enough they will be sad like us, so it's happier to be happy for what we had and what they are about to have.
Its nice to know that I'm not alone in this. I agree, there's the planning, then the wedding, then the honeymoon, then the marriage itself right? So in Disney terms there's purchasing of trip. Then arrival to destination. Then the fun of the park, cruise, etc... And finally becoming a lifelong super fan of anything and all Disney. There is no shame in being sad if it means happy memories were created and many others will now enjoy the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subi WRX View Post
Wow, I did not see where this thread was going from the title ...

The "Walk of Shame" meant something ENTIRELY different in my college years. Way different.
Lol...which is the reason I had to explain myself in red font. Being that we were either going to college at the time or having already graduated, the term came naturally if you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodge View Post
You need to become DVC owners... no more walk of shame, as you'll be "home" again soon!

It's great for those of us who compulsively plan Disney trips... can feed a year round obsession!
Yeah, it will be a while before I join, but I do plan on joing DVC. Even if I don't get to use is as often as I want I still can pass it on to my extended family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post

I was thinking the same thing!! I thought someone was going to start telling tales and quickly clicked on it!!!
How un-Disney would that thread be?
Yeah, I figured it would grab peoples attention. I posted this earlier but, how about renaming it "walk of sorrow" or "walk of sadness"? Uh oh?! Have we come up with a new Disney saying to start using on the boards? With the acronym WOS? Looks like I'm now a pioneer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
It took me 5 seconds to get this. I mean...I just heard about it.

Dis Dad Member #101
June 2002 - WDW, USO (Offsite), June 2004 - WDW, USO (Offsite), Feb 2007 - Disney Cruise (Wonder) & POFQ *Disneymoon*), July 2010 - POR, June 2013 - Disney Cruise (Fantasy)
kalel29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: