DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Booking on-line when member has DVC resort room already?

I guess what I'm wondering is whether there's a limit of 1 room per member, but probably not. Here's my dilemma-we already have reservations in a studio for 3 nights in October. At 7 months can I reserve on line for a 1 BR, then later cancel the studio for that time? We had to borrow points for the studio, and no way could we even have borrowed enough for 11 months in a 1 BR. I was thinking that maybe the on-line system wouldn't accept the reservation, since those nights we already he'd a reservation. But I'm probably "over-thinking", or something, huh?

Whoops-wrong board,sorry! Could someone please move to DVC resorts?
Old 01-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

I've had two reservations booked at the same time that I did on-line for the same guests with no problem.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
cvjw
DIS Veteran

You can have 2 reservations at the same time for the same dates, but you have to have enough points available at the time of booking in order to book the 2nd room you are considering.

If you need to use the points from the studio to book the 1 bedroom, you will have to cancel the studio before booking the 1 bedroom. If you do this, you run the risk of having no room if someone else grabs the villas before you finish the transaction.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

You can have multiple reservations for the same time. We have booked them online and through member services. We book two rooms at a time through MS for Concierge and DL--they put in requests for connecting rooms.

If you don't need the first room, you can drop the first room. All can be done online.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

You need to make sure you do not list the same people on both ressies though. I booked AKV and OKW for the same time in December, and they made me take my name off of one of them. So.....I put DH's name on one, and mine on the other. Worked fine.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

You can have as many reservations as you have points for with the same dates. I once had three studios booked on the same dates at the same resort, for different family memebers and all done online.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjw View Post
You can have 2 reservations at the same time for the same dates, but you have to have enough points available at the time of booking in order to book the 2nd room you are considering.

If you need to use the points from the studio to book the 1 bedroom, you will have to cancel the studio before booking the 1 bedroom. If you do this, you run the risk of having no room if someone else grabs the villas before you finish the transaction.

We've got points from resorts other than BCV that we can use, so fortunately that's not a problem. Diane, that's an interesting situation. Do they ask on line for the names? I just realized-I'm the only name on the studio (wasn't sure DH could come). So for the 1 BR, I'll just put DH's name. Maybe that'll be a unique "family vacation" look.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
We've got points from resorts other than BCV that we can use, so fortunately that's not a problem. Diane, that's an interesting situation. Do they ask on line for the names? I just realized-I'm the only name on the studio (wasn't sure DH could come). So for the 1 BR, I'll just put DH's name. Maybe that'll be a unique "family vacation" look.
Yes, the on-line reservation system will prompt you for names and address of the guests.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
cvjw
DIS Veteran

You can have the same names on 2 separate reservations at the same time now - I have 2 reservations for late May for 2 separate villas for my family of 4. I made both reservations online a few months ago. I have a one bedroom and a 2 bedroom booked. I will cancel the one I don't need when our extended family decides if they can join us for our trip.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
You need to make sure you do not list the same people on both ressies though. I booked AKV and OKW for the same time in December, and they made me take my name off of one of them. So.....I put DH's name on one, and mine on the other. Worked fine.
Did you call for that one? Online does not have that restriction but I wouldn't be surprised if some CM's still insist on it.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Did you call for that one? Online does not have that restriction but I wouldn't be surprised if some CM's still insist on it.
I had to call two days to change parts of the ressies, and THAT is when they made me change the contacts on them. It's so silly, because right now I have one person only listed in a 2 bedroom and one person only listed on the GV. I WAS able to book them both online with all names on the ressie, but they made me change it when I called to move one day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: