Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #16
tinks_1989
need a like button

Thank you every one for your responses.

I feel so much better now. I have had a sleep and chat with DH I think I just needed to get it off my chest and realize I'm not alone.

DH is only working today then he is off for three weeks so I know I have support now. She has always been as good as gold slept through the night from 2 weeks always been well behaved when we are out. I think that's why it's such a shock. I'm just not used to it at all.

Thanks for some of the ideas I love the drawing her a shopping list that's a great one.

She is a bright little lady and very helpful and I love her more then anything I think that's why I feel so bad that I wasn't coping with her yesterday.

I feel selfish complaining as well when I hear how people desperately want children going through ivf and I'm moaning about my monster just because for the 100th time today she's throwing her toys/food around.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 AM   #17
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

So glad you're feeling better today. There will be far more good times and good days than bad but unfortunately the bad sometimes have more of an effect. You will have a brilliant holiday and if Elsie has a melt down on Main Street just remember a Melt down there is a million times better than a melt down in Tescos, at least you can look at the castle while its happening xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #18
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
I feel so much better now. I have had a sleep and chat with DH I think I just needed to get it off my chest and realize I'm not alone.
I'm so pleased that you're feeling better today hun. I hope you have an amazing holiday

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #19
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Thank you every one for your responses.

Glad you feel better today

I don't have kids but I have a cousin who has a 2-year-old who has regular meltdowns and I see how down she gets over it

I hope you have a great holiday and can't wait to hear all about it
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
Sarah28
DIS Veteran

Hi Leanne, not much advice to offer as I don't have any children, but likewise, didn't wanna read and run. I really admire stay at home parents, people think they get it easy hope things get better for you.

Really hope you all have the most amazing holiday and I look forward to hearing all about it (and seeing Elsie's amazing wardrobe!)

WDW: April 1999: Port Orleans French Quarter • October 2011 (Halloween & MNSSHP): All Star Music - Engaged in the Haunted Mansion! - Read this TR here!
• August 2013: Old Key West Read this PTR here!

DLRP: Oct 2005 (Halloween trip!): Santa Fe • May 2006: Santa Fe • February 2007: Santa Fe • December 2007 (Christmas trip!): Santa Fe • October 2008 (Halloween trip!): offsite
• February 2010: offsite • November 2010 (Christmas trip!): offsite • February 2012: offsite • June 2012: offsite • October 2012 (Halloween trip!): offsite • June 2012: offsite • July 2013: offsite • April 2014: Magic Circus
Sarah28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #21
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
So glad you're feeling better today. There will be far more good times and good days than bad but unfortunately the bad sometimes have more of an effect. You will have a brilliant holiday and if Elsie has a melt down on Main Street just remember a Melt down there is a million times better than a melt down in Tescos, at least you can look at the castle while its happening xx
Ha ha that is very true may empty a few queues lol. When we have been to DLP she has always been amazing so Im not really worried about being in the park. It is just the flight and all I can picture is a 2 hour queue at security after the 9 hours plus getting the bags and getting to the coach and then the hotel. AH I need a drink just thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
I'm so pleased that you're feeling better today hun. I hope you have an amazing holiday
Thank you mandy :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_<3 View Post
Glad you feel better today

I don't have kids but I have a cousin who has a 2-year-old who has regular meltdowns and I see how down she gets over it

I hope you have a great holiday and can't wait to hear all about it
It is so hard I feel it is always a competition. Every one else's kids are talking three languages and already applying for uni at the grand old age of 2. Well thats what it feels like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah28 View Post
Hi Leanne, not much advice to offer as I don't have any children, but likewise, didn't wanna read and run. I really admire stay at home parents, people think they get it easy hope things get better for you.

Really hope you all have the most amazing holiday and I look forward to hearing all about it (and seeing Elsie's amazing wardrobe!)

Thank you Sarah. Elsie's suitcase is bursting because of all these dresses
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #22
scottish mum
We still have 2 posties in shorts
I'm still learning how to work it

My kids are older now, 15, 11 and 8 but I can still remember the terrible 2's well . The boys were never that bad, used to have a wee strop but you could nearly always reason with them. DD was on the otherhand a complete and utter nightmare . You just could not do anything with her when she was in one of her moods and I always felt like people would be staring at us when we were out in public. To make matters worse she was very tall and very vocal and people often thought she was far older than she really was and expected her to behave more appropriately. I had brought all 3 kids up exactly the same way and I really believe that some kids are just more prone to tantrums than others.

DD did grow out of her tantrums, but it was a rough few months, and she went back to being her lovely happy self (most of the time ) She is now 8 and can still strop like a hormonal teenager but knows that I won't tolerate it and she either shuts up or gets some form of punishment

Have a brill holiday, try to relax and just go with the flow
Disneyland Paris 1994, 1997, 2004, 2009
fort wilderness cabins september 2008
Beach Club October 2010

scottish mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: