Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #2206
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Alright. I mean it. YC CL and it's gonna be amazing!!!!!

I admit, I called again today about the Poly. I realized that at this point it is about just wanting something I can't have. (I'm always like that).

Plus, DH told me today that I need to stop and we will stay at the Poly in August 2014.....to which I said "but, were going to Atlantis next year" and he said "I'm worried what will happen to you if you miss Disney and that mine train next year" (he was joking, but almost half serious...)

So, our plan is to do both!!! Atlantis in Feb 2014 and Disney (Poly) in August 2014!!!! Next year is looking pretty darn good!!!
Congrats on the two vacations next year. I hope you get to keep your discount. I am kind of disappointed I did not stick with Poly. I won't stay there without at least 35% off. It's really hard for me to justify Club level without a 40% discount. I wish I could be like most people and just say "ok I love club level, and I can afford it so I'll book it". I always look at "worth" and not the cost. I can't in my mind justify paying more than 100.00 a night for club level.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #2207
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Congrats on the two vacations next year. I hope you get to keep your discount. I am kind of disappointed I did not stick with Poly. I won't stay there without at least 35% off. It's really hard for me to justify Club level without a 40% discount. I wish I could be like most people and just say "ok I love club level, and I can afford it so I'll book it". I always look at "worth" and not the cost. I can't in my mind justify paying more than 100.00 a night for club level.
A discount would be sweet!!! But I'm not counting on it. We won't do CL....just a simple GV...and we have a back up plan. AKL pool view, or POR royal rooms. It should be value season for the deluxes though, so hopefully we can find some savings somewhere.

I love CL too, but not full price love!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #2208
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Here in NJ by Wed. or Thurs. 50 DEGREES

Couldn't help myself....new ticker
Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Jeannette - what are your dates now?? Love the latest change!

If I take Sophia in August we might have to stay at POP - I don't sworn, or get a near a pool and she loves going in the water. I don't know of a deluxe or even mod with a kids play area like POP with the water jets...hope you'll tell me I am wrong! I haven't been alone with a little one since 1988!! All my other trips with little ones had people who could go in the pool with them. I would hate to disappoint Sophia. They are at the beach today..near Melbourne...tomorrow WDW!!
I feel like I'm in the minority here, but we LOVE CBR and the kiddie play area ROCKS! AoA also has an awesome pool area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wow, just noticed some of the negativity from someone on the BC/YC thread. The moderator warned of not getting off topic on FAQ threads, due to some people complaining of cliques going on. I hope he didn't
mean us!! We are always super friendly and welcoming to others.

Hope you are all having a good weekend....counting down to May!! DH 's aunt was just here and is interested in me helping her plan a trip for Oct or Nov so that is exciting! She likes the Contemporary so far.....
You can always send her to your good friend and awesome Disney Vacation planner.

[QUOTE=letthewookiewin;47325357]I don't know, but if we could figure it out, we would be the wealthiest women on the planet.

I have the same issue. I just need to go somewhere and be fitted for one. I just hate spending that much money on one though.

I agree!! I would almost have both my DSs sick than the DH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well the mil was supposed to have gotten the DHs W2 back on Friday, so hopefully we can get our taxes done soon. The DH wants me to get him some prices. I never knew he wanted to go so bad, or maybe it is that he knows I want to go so bad, and he wants to be able to make me happy. He said that even if we have to stay offsite to make the trip possible, he is willing to do that. I am not willing to, but I will stay at the Pop Century if we have to.
Oh I agree. I keep going back to Lane Bryant when they have them buy 2 get 2 free and an additional $ off discount.
I hope you are able to work a trip into the budget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Thanks!! We're almost settled!! I'm taking 10 days off in February to tie up all loose ends (and unpack those last boxes). Oh the cabins--too close to critters--makes my anxiety spike just thinking about it I'm still totally undecided!!

So as I was searching for President's Day weekend options.... I came across a few good deals on points. Unfortunately they weren't for the weekend I needed.... they were expiring points THIS WEEK!!

So after checking availability, I booked Beach Club Villas (studio) for this Wednesday night and Thursday night!! I'm super excited for a mini stay!! It's supposed to be cold, but I will try to take a dip in SAB

So unexpected!!! Andddddd I still need a room for February, lol.

Love and miss you all!!

Dani--thoughts to you and your family
Thanks Deena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow Ok I have lost my mind! Dr's office just called to confirm my appt. for tomorrow
I had to cancel last week due to icy roads. I so hate Winter!

Jeanette And anyone else thinking about the Poly, since I plan on booking there not to mention the "new rooms" I will be surprised to see more than a 15% discount in the future. Remember when I booked CR And dscounts were released it was only 5%? I am jinxed but I am booking the Poly even if I have to give up eating

Have a nice day All!
We will all contribute to the "Feed Sheila at the Poly" fund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Okay time to play catch up again I'm feeling like I got so much accomplished the past few days, garage door and downstairs toilet are fixed (no I didn't do it, but finally called repair men), bills are paid and I even got all our quarterly business employment tax stuff done and paid! Now I can focus on Disney, which is NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Dani - did you make it to Nordstrom? I never have luck in department stores, I always end up back at Victoria's Secret, and I have the same well endowed problem. I had a little old lady fit me on Friday and shelled out $100 for two bras, OUCH! Oh and we LOVED Oasis and Allure, they are such awesome ships with soooo much for the kids to do!
I accomplished NOTHING this weekend. I worked Saturday, went to lunch with a friend on Sunday, and did absolutely NOTHING today. I should be ashamed, but I'm not.

I am so excited to try out Oasis myself. I can't lie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Happy Monday Peeps!! (do those words go together?? )

Actually we just got back early this AM, after a quick long weekend away... definitely in a warmer climate... and guess who I ran into at the mall??

Melissa!!

It was awesome to meet up with her!! We decided to tag along with DH who was attending a seminar in Florida, soooo I got to thinking about Melissa and wondered if she and I would be anywhere close for a DIS meet and it worked out! (Magic and Deena, already knew you were too far away or I'd be texting you too!)

Here we are! Melissa is warm and friendly and beautiful (you can see that!) and like to gab, like someone I know ...

Thank you Melissa for meeting up with Sam and I. I have so much fun, the time flew by! It was nice to sit and talk about the kids so now I feel like I know you and your family better. AND RCers... believe it or not, we did not talk about Disney that much! Amazing I know! And we did NOT step foot into the Disney store (whatever was wrong with us Melissa?? )

Well I guess we just had too good of a time gabbing and eating. Have a great trip this week!

Hi to all my other Peeps! Will try and catch up soon
You guys look awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I did, but now a new week has started.

I did some pricing for a 4n/5d trip and priced both AoA LM and the Pop. AoA LM came out cheaper (by about $47) than the Pop. Maybe it was b/c at the Pop I added the preferred room.

So, this is my question ladies (and I hope y'all have answers so I don't have to ask in the shark tank that can sometimes be the DIS outside of this thread) have you stayed at both the Pop Century and a LM room at the AoA? Which would you prefer? Are the beds better at the AoA? I know the bathrooms won't be the size they are at the CR, but if they beds are more comfy than those at the Pop I think I can deal with the bathroom. Are the LM rooms too girly for teenage boys? I'm really leaning toward doing value to make sure we can do the upgrade to DlxDDP and get tickets on 10/13 to MNSSHP.
You're going to be in Disney a few days before us. We will fly in on the 18th, and our cruise leaves on the 19th. We return back to Disney on the 26th.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #2209
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
A discount would be sweet!!! But I'm not counting on it. We won't do CL....just a simple GV...and we have a back up plan. AKL pool view, or POR royal rooms. It should be value season for the deluxes though, so hopefully we can find some savings somewhere.

I love CL too, but not full price love!!!
I am getting excited to do some different stuff in 2014. These vacations are soooo expensive even with 40% off. If I had to buy airline tickets I might think otherwise. I know for most people airline tickets are a big expense, and Orlando is relatively cheap place to fly to.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #2210
padawans
DIS Veteran

Melissa I will be consulting you for cruise information. Cruising is a big part of our vacation plan in 2014. We get great deals on cruises, and I need a cruise consultant. I was happy to see you have been on the Oasis and Allure. I am sure I will have tons of questions about those ships next year.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #2211
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Oh no I didn't......

Yes I did.
Now staying 1st night (late arrival) at POP
and 7nights YC CL..

My boyfriend shaking his head...me I swear I've never changed my resorts in the past
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #2212
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Melissa I will be consulting you for cruise information. Cruising is a big part of our vacation plan in 2014. We get great deals on cruises, and I need a cruise consultant. I was happy to see you have been on the Oasis and Allure. I am sure I will have tons of questions about those ships next year.
There is an AWESOME TR on either Oasis or Allure I forget which one. It compares Disney and RCCL. I'm gonna jump in the shower but when I get out I will link you to it.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #2213
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here's the TR. It's so awesome. It's what really sold me on RCCL!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #2214
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am getting excited to do some different stuff in 2014. These vacations are soooo expensive even with 40% off. If I had to buy airline tickets I might think otherwise. I know for most people airline tickets are a big expense, and Orlando is relatively cheap place to fly to.
Not having to buy airfare would be wonderful! We scored really good fare for April ($950 for the four of us) but we usually are up around $1200 to Orlando....it would be awesome to take that expense off of our Disney trips, but the only way to do that is a 24 hour drive....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #2215
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Yes I did.
Now staying 1st night (late arrival) at POP
and 7nights YC CL..

My boyfriend shaking his head...me I swear I've never changed my resorts in the past

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #2216
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

Not having to buy airfare would be wonderful! We scored really good fare for April ($950 for the four of us) but we usually are up around $1200 to Orlando....it would be awesome to take that expense off of our Disney trips, but the only way to do that is a 24 hour drive....
Driving ... that's how we go. Did you know that it is exactly 23 hours from Western CT to Orlando on a coach bus
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #2217
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ugh, taking DD8 back to Dr. I think her strep is back again. I am going to get them all swabbed again for it, as well as myself. Has anyone heard of it coming back again?? Worried.

Jen
Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #2218
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh, taking DD8 back to Dr. I think her strep is back again. I am going to get them all swabbed again for it, as well as myself. Has anyone heard of it coming back again?? Worried.

Jen
Unfortunately, yes. Strep is one that can be recurrent. My DS9 got it several times in a row one year. I hope that she gets better very quickly. Smart to have everyone else checked. I'm sorry you guys are going through this.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-29-2013, 06:59 AM   #2219
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Unfortunately, yes. Strep is one that can be recurrent. My DS9 got it several times in a row one year. I hope that she gets better very quickly. Smart to have everyone else checked. I'm sorry you guys are going through this.
Thanks Iheartthemouse did your DS have to keep getting different antibiotics? DD is allergic to Penicillin so they had given her Biaxin the first time. We all had penicillin though. I didn't take all of mine though, as I had a reaction. My face was numb, tingling and itchy after about 3 days on the medicine. I don't know. The two older ones don't have their tonsils anymore, but still have a lot of throat problems.

I am just a worrier though. I always think there is something more serious going on.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #2220
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Iheartthemouse did your DS have to keep getting different antibiotics? DD is allergic to Penicillin so they had given her Biaxin the first time. We all had penicillin though. I didn't take all of mine though, as I had a reaction. My face was numb, tingling and itchy after about 3 days on the medicine. I don't know. The two older ones don't have their tonsils anymore, but still have a lot of throat problems.

I am just a worrier though. I always think there is something more serious going on.
We didn't have this issue with strep, but with ear infections, and yes, they just kept switching antibiotics, until finally they just put tubes in (on both girls). I'm sorry she is not feeling well.

PAST TRIPS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: