Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 AM   #34
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius97 View Post
I am an accounting student (adult). Between my wife's good job, deductions for three kids and my school expenses, we always get a really BIG refund. I know that is not advisable because it is giving the government an interest free loan. Every class I take always has at some point a lecture about the evils of big refunds. I just sit there and nod my head in agreement as I think about my vacation being paid for out of our refund. I'm not disciplined enough to save out of each check if we adjusted things to get a smaller/no refund. Even if I was, invariably some of that money would disappear into general household needs. That disappearing money would negate any interest I could have earned by sticking the saved money into something that would earn a small interest rate. I am so ashamed of my big refund but I don't care anymore once we see the Welcome to Florida sign.
Don't feel bad we pay taxes at the end of the year and save the percentage in a savings from every paycheck through out the year. I think we earned $14 in interest last year on the tax savings account. The government isn't getting that much in interest from you. lol

You do however have the option of having a certain amount automatically deposited into savings every time you get paid too though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: