Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
GiJohnsGirl
Mouseketeer

Basics?

We have never been on cruise and need serious tips. I am very big planner for our wdw, so I feel a bit lost. We are three adults and two kids 6 and almost 2 going on disney dream to Nassau. Thoughts?

Sept 2010 ASMovies
Jan 2012 Pop
July 2012 Art of Animation
April 2013 Pop Adults only trip
June 2013 Dream First DCL!
GiJohnsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
KBT35
Mouseketeer

Well then you are in the right place!! It's all right here! Just read away!!
My Aunt's 65th Birthday Dream Surprise May 26th-30th 2013
KBT35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJohnsGirl View Post
We have never been on cruise and need serious tips. I am very big planner for our wdw, so I feel a bit lost. We are three adults and two kids 6 and almost 2 going on disney dream to Nassau. Thoughts?
Well, one starting point would be the FAQ sticky on the first page. As you read through the information there, if questions arise, just ask here.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
Weedy
DIS Veteran

At the top of this page you will see a red bar, the info is broken down in different sections. Read the general info. Also I recomed a book called the Passporter. It's available on Amazon.
If you want to search something I think Google works better. Put in Dis boards Disney cruise then what you want to know (for example) port arrival time. It will pull up ALL the previous posts on that subject.

Also feel free to ask questions here. Just so you know the two "hot" topics on these boards are shorts in the dining rooms and kids under 18 in the adult areas.

Have fun learning all the great things about cruising.
Weedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

One great thing about DCL is that you'll be OK. If you plan like a crazy person and know every nook and cranny of the ship, you'll have a great vacation. And if you get on the ship with a suitcase full of clothes and dreams...you'll be fine and have a great vacation. DCL will provide all the information that you NEED.

I'm not saying not to plan, but the ship is WAY easier than the parks and many of the things that one might get wigged out over in advance are suddenly very clear after boarding the ship.. Yes, you have to get there, etc. And yes, there are lots of options....but there are very few WRONG choices.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
TheWalsh
Earning My Ears

Don't over plan, I went on a cruise when I was 8 and enjoyed it, but because we (my mom) planned every second we were all tiered. Just enjoy the family time. Also a clean over the door shoe holder helps keep the room organized. Put it over a door in the stateroom, (bathroom door works best, in my opinion) and put everything you need in each pocket, easy and efficien.
TheWalsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: