facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #20
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Which leads me to the QOTD Friday, January 25, 2013: Do you think you have too little or too much fat in your diet? How do you deal with fats in your plan?

I'll BRB with my answers as well as some replies.
I really don't watch my fat intake. I monitor my caloric intake. I probably should take a closer look at all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missypyxi View Post
This is great info! I'd like to preface my reply by saying I MADE IT TO MY GOAL WEIGHT! 30lbs!!

I set my goal on Sept 12 to lose 30 lbs by our land and sea trip on Feb 10 and I DID IT!!
Onward to the May 10 goal, 22 more pounds!
Congrats! What a great feeling! Keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Watched the video! How much fun does that look like! Can you find yourselves in the video, or do you just kind of know where you were??
Hey Pam ... we knew where we were but didn't make it to the video. There were hundreds of people. But it was SO fun to be a part of the production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
So I tried this. So far it is going to need a lot of work for me to be able to use it. I made it with Unsweetened Almond milk, vanilla and Truvia originally. YECH! Didn't like it at all. Went and bought some Xanthun Gum and tried to thicken it to see if that would help.

*NOTE* Xanthun Gum thickens as it sits!!!!! I woke up this morning to a jar of pudding! Guess I added too much since it didn't seem to do anything when I put it in last night.

It was also a lumpy mess because I didn't use the blender, I just shook the jar vigorously. Threw it in the blender and added more almond milk, Truvia and vanilla. Still yech. It is closer but I think the problem now is not enough vanilla flavor and too much Truvia. I am okay with it in small amounts but for the amount I need for my coffee-- I like a little coffee to water down my cream and sugar! -- it just has the icky, nasty artificial sweetener taste. This is why I don't just switch to SF Flavored creamer.

So going to try a few more things. Need to play with the nutritional content if I use real sugar or maybe 1/2 sugar, 1/2 truvia. If I can get the fat down that will help a lot. I also have some Unsweetened Coconut Milk I may try experimenting with. I also wonder about using a French Vanilla Coffee Syrup to get that stronger vanilla flavor. But again, the SF probably will be too "artifical" tasting to me and the regular has too much sugar. And all these ingredients are expensive! So I may just have to give up coffee.

So in addition to my coffee failure I made eggs for breakfast but DD had used the last of MY local fresh eggs so I had to use store bought. I used a different pan because it was already out and they ended up sticking like crazy and overcooked quickly. I really don't care for the store bought eggs anyway so overcooked just isn't an option.

In summary, I am now drinking a cup of coffee with my regular International Delight coffee creamer and have had 2 slices of bacon for breakfast. Hopefully I burned enough calories trying to make everything that it will balance out!!
Okay ... I tried this over the weekend and had such high hopes. But it also turned out like pudding. I still put it in my coffee ... but it didn't cut it. If you find something that works ... please let me know.

Quote:

QOTD Saturday, January 26, 2013: How do you get your five-a-day servings fruit and vegetable? Are there any of these tips that work for you or do you have your own to share?

I'll be back with replies and my answer to the QOTD.
I tend to struggle with this. When I am focusing on losing weight, I am much better at it. I need to find ways to sneak more into my diet.

Quote:

Which leads me to the QOTD Sunday, January 27, 2012: Take a look at your goals. Are they framed in positive terms? Do they create positive or negative feelings about this process? Can you revise any of your goals in a way to help you create positive momentum?

BRB with replies.
This is an interesting question today. I think lately I have been focusing on the negative .... and need to refocus on the positive.

One day when my sister was visiting from England, we were watching my cousin's baby. He was 2. He had a spoon and started banging it on the wooden table. I said, "Don't hit the table." And my sister (who is a principal of a birth to age 4 school in England) said, we don't say it that way to children ... because all they hear is "hit the table". Instead say ... I like that you are mixing the milk with your spoon. That really made me think about how I phrase my words with my students and my children.

So, on that note .... my goal is "I am proud of the weight I lost this month and plan to lose another 4 pounds next month."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Pic of dad

]
I LOVED it. Thanks for sharing ... he looks like he is having a great time.

Quote:

Which brings me to the QOTD for Monday, January 28, 2013: What tip or strategy would you suggest to someone who feels like their motivation is not where they want it to be?

Be back in a few with replies and my own answer.
Mine is to start small. Just get out an walk for 30 minutes ... or just drink all me water for the day. It is hard when you are just not "feeling it". But starting small works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzansmom View Post
So I have attempted to post twice hopefully this time it goes thru. Saw my oncologist today and I am officially 6 months cancer free. she suggested I start the couch to 5k program or something similar that allows for building up stamina rather than trying to survive an hour or more and then be too exhausted to move for days. She thought I was expecting way too much from my body especially after surgery, chemo, and radiation. Said it can take a year or more so I need to be more patient.
This is awesome news.

I like the couch to 5k idea. Your body will really tell you when you are ready .... but you might be surprised how much better you feel if you get out a little. Perhaps just walk up and down your street ... it only takes a few minutes ... but it is something that can lead to bigger and better exercise habits. And your body will enjoy Disney a lot more when you are there.

Last edited by Mary•Poppins; 01-28-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Mary•Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: