Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

Hotels for Family of 6 near Seaworld

We are planning a trip to visit Seaworld and Disney over Thanksgiving. We are staying at a Disney hotel for that portion of our trip but need to find a hotel for the Seaworld portion. We are a family of 6 -- 2 adults and 4 kids. We will have a rental car so it does not need to be right there. We are looking for something big enough for our family, CLEAN and includes free breakfast and parking. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. We have never stayed off Disney property before and I do not know where to start.

Me(44) DH(48) DS17 DD11 DS8 DS5

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
zilp
Mouseketeer

We are staying at Worldquest Resort this spring. They have 1-3 bedroom/bathroom condos, free continental breakfast, and free parking. They get very good reviews on Tripadvisor. hth

ETA, we have also stayed at Floridays and enjoyed it, but it is more $

zilp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Check out the Residence Inn SeaWorld.....it definitely fits your family's needs. We stayed there on our Christmas trip and thought it was great. See my trip report (there's a link in my signature) for lots of photos of the room and common areas (breakfast room, courtyard, pool, hot tub, etc.).

The breakfast buffet is complimentary and very, very expansive for a free inclusion. Hot items change a bit each day so there's some variety.

Internet is free. Parking is free. This is a SeaWorld onsite hotel, so Quick Queue passes are provided free for your entire family, as are shuttles to the SW parks.

Your family would fit into either one or two bedroom suite. Our one bedroom had two queen beds in the bedroom and a queen pullout sofa in the living area. The two bedroom would give a second separate sleeping area and three TV's instead of two.

Each suite has a full kitchen, with a full size fridge, dishwasher, stove, etc.

Front desk staff were GREAT. Breakfast staff were the most pleasant and friendly we have ever met. The hotel was very clean and bright.

The pool is a good size with zero entry. The hot tub is nice and hot but lacks bubbles. There is a sport court onsite for the kids to play basketball. There are barbecues in the courtyard for guest use if you want to 'cue up lunch or dinner. There's a Pizza Hut Express onsite that's much pricer than a regular Pizza Hut but very convenient. There's also a bar by the pool area.

Parking is ample.

There's a CVS Pharmacy just a stone's throw away. If you are getting to the parks by car, its less than 5 minutes to SW.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the replies! I was looking at the Residence Inn but now I am going to read your review.

Me(44) DH(48) DS17 DD11 DS8 DS5

theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
Buzz's Buddy
DIS Veteran

The Springhill Suites Sea World is a good option too. It will accommodate 6 in a room, offers free breakfast and free parking and is an official Sea World hotel so you get those benefits as well. Free shuttle, Quick Queue Unlimited, etc.
Buzz's Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

I'm going to move this thread over to the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board for more responses.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
MacClemsons
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on 535 (one that gives all ears discounts) used to be Holiday Inn Sunspree. Has kid suites with 2 bunks and king. beware that the wall between the "rooms" doesn't go all the way to ceiling. We stayed there when we went to Sea World 2 years ago and it was convenient enough. Free kids meals at Applebee's that is attached. Microwave and mini fridge in room.

I will say we didn't enjoy this as much last June when we made a last minute trip for Star Wars Weekend, but that was partly due to traffic and driving to HS.

Upcoming AoA May 14 SWW
Jan 14 Coronado 1/2 Marathon
Dec 13 ASMu, Oct 13 CBR ToT 10 miler, Sept 13 MNSSHP AoA Nemo Suite, May 13 Cabins, Apr 13 ASSports, Feb 13 POP, Jan 13 SOG
Sep 12 MNSSHP ASMovies, June 12 - SWW off property, Mar 12 SOG
Dec 11 POR, Sep 11 ASMovies
Dec 09 MVMCP ASMovies, Sep 08 SOG, July 03 Hilton DTD
MacClemsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #8
jeff968
DIS Veteran

Take a look at the Hilton Grand vacation club Seaworld. Very nice and just across the street. So much room and things to do.

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
DCbride
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Residence Inn then Springhill Suites. We have stayed at both. Marriott Cypress Harbor is another one that we like- it is a condo though.

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop, Omni, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote