Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #2836
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycher
Hi!

Travelling to AoA March 1-8 with a senior and an infant. Being close to Animation Hall is quite important for us. I think we are in Lion King. Can you kind experts please give me tips as to which rooms are closest? I looked at the map, and see that there is a certain part of the lion king buildings that appear closest, but are there exits and sidewalks at the ends of those buildings? Or do we have to go to the building's center to exit and enter?

Any insight would be appreciated, thank you!
Here now and loving it! We are in the LK suites. Bldg 10 would be closest, as long As you are on the end closest to AH. We are on the 3rd floor and have used the stairs on the end most of the time instead of the elevator. I assume there is a door on the first floor there but haven't paid attention. I can look tomorrow if I remember!

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #2837
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordoyne
Do they still do "Movies Under the Stars" at AoA? If so, where do they have it and is there a site to see what movies are playing?
Yes they do. It's shown in the LK courtyard at 7:00 (at least right now). Tonight was Tinkerbell. I know we got a list when we checked in, but you can google art of animation movies and there is a sight that lists them (sorry I can't temember what it was!). That site listed them as being by the pool though, and that is incorrect.

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #2838
jenhum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj

Yes they do. It's shown in the LK courtyard at 7:00 (at least right now). Tonight was Tinkerbell. I know we got a list when we checked in, but you can google art of animation movies and there is a sight that lists them (sorry I can't temember what it was!). That site listed them as being by the pool though, and that is incorrect.
Did you have a courtyard view? If so, were the movies loud enough to bother you? I'm afraid they might do the movies later when we are there (April) and didn't know if noise would be an issue for the courtyard facing rooms in LK.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #2839
becfehr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy

Call maintance...some have said they will turn off the auto motion sensor thing

How are the Murphy beds?? Anyone know if they will support 2 adults?
Ok. How cool is this? While not being able to sleep in the middle of the night because it just wasn't cool enough, I was bored and so, I decide to just send Disney world an email through their "contact us" link on their website, just so they were aware of the well known AC issue. Well... We got back from the park today, had a voicemail on our room phone saying that our AC system had been reset! It was showing 68 as lowest before, now on 65 and very comfy!!
THANK YOU DISNEY!

Also, after a second look this morning about the Murphy beds and I'm going to change my answer to: yes, 2 average size adults could sleep in it.
Dec 9-12, 2009. MK, EP & AK- Me, DD5, DS3 and Friend with her DD and DS at ASMuSu.
Jan 21-26, 2012. ALL PARKS- Me, DH, DD7, DS5 at Poly.
Jan 27-Feb 1, 2013. ALL PARKS- Me, DH, DD8, DS6 at ASMuSu!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #2840
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeisMommy

Watch this site for the new dates....

http://www.popwarnersb.com/12superbowl/pop.asp

I'd assume that's correct though....although it could always be something different

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Pop Warner is ALWAYS 9 days after Thanksgiving day. You can count on it. So in 2013 it is December 7-14.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #2841
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenhum View Post
Did you have a courtyard view? If so, were the movies loud enough to bother you? I'm afraid they might do the movies later when we are there (April) and didn't know if noise would be an issue for the courtyard facing rooms in LK.
We are in a lakeside view (bldg 6), so I don't know about the noise from the movie. I do know it is very quiet in our room. I think I've heard one person in the hallway (and that kid was VERY loud), and that is it. So, the soundproofing must be really good.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #2842
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

The cost of a suite is $368 per day....trying to figure out if it is worth it. I've walked through the resort last year and my dd absolutely loved it. We sold our DVC this past year so we have been spoiled by not needing to worry about nightly rates in the past.

Might have to leave my older son home and just do a room for $158...decisions decisions.

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #2843
jeanneg4of4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20DogsNDisney View Post
Couple questions sorry if some have asked this already.

In the rooms/suites
Do they have Paper Products, Paper towls and napkins?
Do they have Forkes, spoons ect.
I'd like to know so If I need to buy anything thanks.
Trying to plan AoA trip.
Just got back home after a 5 night stay in the lion king section. Yes they have paper products in the room. Paper towels, paper plates, paper bowls, forks, and spoons. The one thing that I found that we needed and was not provided was dish soap to wash out the refillable mugs.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #2844
merpbam
Earning My Ears

AOA Little mermaid Room

3 of us will be staying in the Little Mermaid Rooms in March we have not stayed in WDW before so excited but nervous!! Do these rooms have safes? Can one trust their items in the rooms such as lap tops, etc. Are the rooms wifi? Is there a hair dryer, etc?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #2845
jenhum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj

We are in a lakeside view (bldg 6), so I don't know about the noise from the movie. I do know it is very quiet in our room. I think I've heard one person in the hallway (and that kid was VERY loud), and that is it. So, the soundproofing must be really good.
That's good to hear! Thanks.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #2846
3Rouselings
Planning our second trip for May 2013!

We are going to be in a Finding Nemo Suite May 5-11. Wondering if I should be requesting any specific floor or bank of rooms?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #2847
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merpbam View Post
3 of us will be staying in the Little Mermaid Rooms in March we have not stayed in WDW before so excited but nervous!! Do these rooms have safes? Can one trust their items in the rooms such as lap tops, etc. Are the rooms wifi? Is there a hair dryer, etc?
The LM rooms have a small wall safe. I don't remember the exact dimensions but it's only a couple of inches deep -- it's suitable for money, wallets, smartphone, etc. Tablets and smaller laptops reportedly fit.

In my opinion if you don't use the safe, but put away your valuables -- don't leave them out in the open -- your possessions should generally be safe.

Yes, the AoA resort has free wi-fi.

There is a hair dryer in the rooms.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 01-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #2848
CDolacki2003
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck
Here is my video tour I have made of the Landscape of Flavors food court: http://youtu.be/qJ-3LVHFqcI

The food there was great! I loved the Surf and Surf burger.

Here are my other AOA videos that have gotten buried in the thread

Animation Hall lobby tour: http://youtu.be/T7zTLlxVdV4

Cars wing and pool tour: http://youtu.be/bEHo_97ABwc

Tour of the Big Blue Pool: http://youtu.be/Sov9jQCmZoA

Little Mermaid room tour: http://youtu.be/H1Gnima3Abg

Hope you enjoy the videos! I hope they are helpful too!
Thank you Mike for the videos and links. We are thinking of changing from WL to LM room. We just don't want to spend almost $5000 for WL when we know we will not be spending a lot of time at the resort.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #2849
CDolacki2003
Mouseketeer

So I think we might change our reservation and stay here with a LM room. We have never done a value resort so I was wondering if the only way to get a king bed is through a request? DH and I cannot sleep comfortably on a double. We have tried at CB.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #2850
JessicaPitre
Earning My Ears

This question is for anyone that has stayed at Art of Animation. It appears from the sketches and from when we went there that there is only one area for bus pick up/drop off. Just curious with the size of the resort if there are typically long lines to wait for the buses? Just seems like a large resort for only one bus area...thoughts?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: