Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #346
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

What was shocking and unexpected to me was when I went to deck 12 last week about 7am and there was a man lying in a pool of blood. As I approached the stairs to go up from deck 11, I noticed CM's running. I initially thought that someone had gone overboard, but luckily that wasn't the case. I then proceeded to go up and saw a man motionless on the ground with a lot of blood around his head and on his face. It appears that he had a seizure and hit something as he fell. It looked really bad, but he was ok. I saw him the next day walking around with a bandaged hand and he seemed fine. And seeing our ship pick up 2 stranded people was unexpected too. We had an eventful cruise.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #347
Chicogirl
Mouseketeer

I was in the spa, waiting to get my facial, and there was a man around 70 yrs old standing in the door way of the men's locker room.....naked. Let me tell you, this I could have gone my whole life not seeing. When I booked a cruise on the Wonder, this was not what I was expecting. I mean this was across the women's locker room, and you have to pass it to get to the gym. I would say, at lease 5 people went by. All I can say is nasty.
Chicogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #348
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

On a flight from London to Barcelona for the WBTA last year, there was a very loud British family (older mom and dad, 20-something son and daughter) that made an impression on us as soon as they boarded the plane. The mother and daughter were pleasant but very boisterous (the type you really don't want to sit by). I don't think the son ever said a word. They were seated a few rows behind us, so we were treated to their "family dynamics" for much of the flight. Fast forward, and who boards the ship with us? Of course. During our two week sailing, the daughter was quite visible and seemed to enjoy making a spectacle of herself (but not in a mean or rude way).

One day, as DH and I were delivering FE gifts, we stopped to speak with another Disser who "caught" us in the hallway. Just then, the father of the British family comes out of the cabin across the hall. We exchange pleasantries, and he moves on. A few minutes later, the mother opens the door, looking for the father. The daughter then appears, wrapped only in a towel. The mother retreats, but the daughter steps out into the hall to join our conversation. She makes a joke about just having showered and proceeds to adjust her towel, opening it fully at one point. My DH, who was standing directly in front of her, almost choked; I missed the "show", since I was standing off to the side. The mother then came back out and insisted she go get dressed.

For the rest of the cruise, she was known to our family as the "Naked British Girl" or NBG. One of our tablemates was a very attractive young man traveling with his GF and other family. When we shared our story at dinner one night, he knew exactly who we were talking about, because she had blatantly propositioned him! It was actually very funny, and we still talk about her when we think of that cruise. Ahhh, memories!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #349
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

Bump
kyra's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #350
sandrakit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight
What was shocking and unexpected to me was when I went to deck 12 last week about 7am and there was a man lying in a pool of blood. As I approached the stairs to go up from deck 11, I noticed CM's running. I initially thought that someone had gone overboard, but luckily that wasn't the case. I then proceeded to go up and saw a man motionless on the ground with a lot of blood around his head and on his face. It appears that he had a seizure and hit something as he fell. It looked really bad, but he was ok. I saw him the next day walking around with a bandaged hand and he seemed fine. And seeing our ship pick up 2 stranded people was unexpected too. We had an eventful cruise.
What cruise were you on ?
sandrakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #351
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrakit View Post
What cruise were you on ?
Jan 13-17, 2013 on the Dream.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #352
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

When leaving from the Hyatt, meeting in the lobby, I saw a fight between a hubby and wife in front of us. It wasn't shocking, but ackward and embarrassing. I felt bad for the man. He was getting reamed. He forgot a form. I just elbowed my hubby and said, "see, it could be worse!"

I had to see them the entire trip.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #353
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Since we were first time cruisers, this was unexpected...

Our server brought us out 5 desserts for just DH and I! Apparently he thought we needed to try them all.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #354
El Cid 94
Duty is the sublimest word in the English language. You can never do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules10 View Post
Lady at CC with teeny bikini, who never heard of a bikini trim and was quite furry. Looked like a French Poodle with an eye-patch.
HA!!!!!! I wasn’t going to post mine but since you did it first... I had and experience like that on the upper deck of the Quiet Cove on the Dream. The bikini wasn’t small but the lady was "breaching" on both sides.

Poodle with an eye patch... classic!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #355
jdkdorn
Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member

Bump again
Dolphin-Feb 1997, WL-Jan 2000, AKL-Sept 2002, CSR-Jan 2003., BCV-Aug 2003, GC-Jan 2004, BCV-Oct 2004, SSR-DEC 2004, SSR-Jan 2005, BWV-May 2005, BCV-Oct 2005, DCL-Feb 2006, BWV-June 2006, DCL-Oct 2007, BCV -Oct 2007, BCV-Oct 2008, VWL-June 2009, BCV-Oct 2010, BCV-Dec 2010, BLT-May 2011, BCV-Sept 2011, DL-Apr 2012, DCL/F-Mar 2013, BLT-Mar 2014

jdkdorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #356
one princess
Mouseketeer

On our second or third (maybe fourth) cruise we came back to our room after dinner and the show. We were on deck 8 at the front of the Magic. Our room had the normal night time turndown look. Dim lights, towel monkey hanging, curtains drawn. We put on our jammies and then I heard a funny sound. I told my DH and dd to shhhhh and then I opened up the curtains and there was a coast guard helicopter hovering about 5 feet directly in front of out veranda! It was so close I could have reached out and touched it. It was there to lift someone off the forward deck with a basket. It took quite a while but we ended up running upstairs in our jammies to watch. Never expected that when I flung those curtains open!
one princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #357
scottb8888
Mouseketeer

That was a good one!!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #358
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlkgt76 View Post
Uhm....so I'm trying really hard not to be judgmental and to each his/her own,

but

These reborn things are kind of creepy. They're giving me the willies.
^^^^^^ This!

ITA VERY creepy.

J
Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #359
StephenKay
DVC Member VWL 2001

Wink Nothing New

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I remember there was a post here...it may even be in this thread...about the reborn babies on the Disney Dream.

I can't copy and paste on this computer but if you go to youtube...type in "Reborn Disney Cruise Part 1". Dang, they look real! I probably wouldn't have noticed.
Hi there,
Whilst we all have our little foibales, these babies are weird, something is amiss with these people. I saw a lady holding a very large bear on the 2011 Westbound Transatlantic well we saw the bear everywhere and in Tortola one of the near tablemates explained that the crew had gotten into trouble because they hadn't served the bear quickly enough. OH YES it got a meal each meal time. We saw the lady in tons of photos with said bear, I thought it was for someone with additional needs or something similar, no, she was just BARKING !! It takes all sorts.

You have got to love the thread, our own little mishap was when my sister ,41, was sunbathing with Don Ducky Williams at the adult pool on the WBTA 2010, her first Disney cruise. I took a few general pictures of us all on to realise she was having a wardrobe slip and exposing herself to all and sundry, being a good brother I left never said a word and showed her the evidence later. She didn't bat an eyelid. However we no longer speak!!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #360
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

This is the best thread I have ever read! Sadly in 4 DCL Cruises I have nothing to share. Hopefully in Sept I will!!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: