Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #1936
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
T- a couple of quick questions for you, tomorrow, but I'm posting now because I don't want to forget.

Hope you enjoyed your days back at work!

Is the YC scent the same as the BC scent (green aloe and clover)?

Do the YC Deluxe rooms have the same basic set up as the BC Deluxe rooms- or do they all have their differences and quirks?

I have lots of people who have provided pictures of BC Deluxe rooms and suites, but not many from the YC.
Scent is suppose to be the same but nobody comments on it at the YC like they do at the BC. Remember, I stay out of the dark side as much as possible. Only time I'm over there is to walk a guest over when they look confused when I give them directions...figure it's easier to just walk them.

The deluxe rooms at the YC are entirely different as far as I remember. More like a suite. But I haven't been in one for ages. They have lots of pictures of them at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...t/rates-rooms/ and as you can see the price of the YC deluxe CL room is much more than the price of the BC deluxe CL room (which is more like a super large regular room). The price of a deluxe CL room at the BC is cheaper than a CL water view room wherein the price of a deluxe CL room at the YC is much more than a CL water view room.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #1937
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I do! I stayed in room 5670. There was a full balcony. The view out of the front was blocked by a tree, but it would have looked out onto the Beach Club parking lot.

Here are a couple of posts from my 2010 Trip Report describing the room:

Back to the Beach:

Our day continues to be magical- our room is ready! We are glad we will be able to ditch our travel bag and we are excited to check it out. Do we have a full balcony, like I requested? How will the view be? Although we had an incredible, spectacular view last year (overlooking the BC back entrance, SAB and Boardwalk), we just booked a standard view this year. The view is not a big deal to any of us, as long as I have a balcony to escape to with my coffee and book in the early morning hours.

We go in, open the curtains and see…

Left view

Right view

We won’t be doing much people-watching this year, but the location is awesome! We are maybe 7-8 rooms from the Concierge Lounge and close to the elevator.

The room gets thumbs up from us!

My DH experience fireworks in the room. Again and Again (G-rated post)

Just as I was settling in for bed after a very long, very busy, wonderful day, the Illuminations fireworks started. I could hear the blasts and went out to the balcony. And, you guessed it! We could see some of the fireworks off to the right!

This was such a welcome discovery. We get an early start every morning, so by 8 PM everyone is just pooped. It always bothers me that we are less than 10 MINUTES AWAY from the Illuminations show, but we are too tired to go to see it most nights. So I was beyond excited when I realized that we would be able to step outside for a hassle-free show any night we wanted. Perhaps accompanied by an adult beverage from the lounge!

I enjoyed the pyrotechnics and smiled at our amazing luck. A giant tree blocking the view from our balcony? Ok, but not perfect. The view of fireworks? Priceless!

I hit the sack and slept pretty soundly. The end!

But wait! The next morning after Mark woke up he informed me:

“You know, you can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our room”

“No way!” “Way!” (conversations at 6 AM are not very witty)

He watched the fireworks right from bed. And it was an excellent view. I watched Nightastic every night from our room or balcony (except our last night, Friday), which is exceptional because I am pretty tired by 10 PM. I don’t think I was able to get any great photos because it was pretty far away. I know one night I took videos, but I haven’t found the file yet and I don’t know if the quality is “postable”.

Here is a picture that shows where we could see the MK fireworks- In between the building on the left and those two taller trees:

Thanks much. The view isn't near as bad as I pictured.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #1938
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewissy View Post
Thanks! It doesn't look like any are Juliet. I knew we'd have balconies but started to wonder if they were full.
Here's a couple pictures of the BCV balconies.

This was straight on of the one we stayed in, 302. Of course bottom floor is patio. Second floor is a large balcony all the way across. Third floor (our room, dedicated 2br) had a small balcony outside the living room area. None from the bedrooms (our master bedroom is the on with the curtains parted).As you can see I would think the one above us would be a lockoff as each room had a balcony. You could sit as each one had table and chairs. Some just smaller than others.

And one from a distance.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #1939
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Sue M and her daughter stopped in to visit Teena at work at the Beach Club today:

Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #1940
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Scent is suppose to be the same but nobody comments on it at the YC like they do at the BC. Remember, I stay out of the dark side as much as possible. Only time I'm over there is to walk a guest over when they look confused when I give them directions...figure it's easier to just walk them.

The deluxe rooms at the YC are entirely different as far as I remember. More like a suite. But I haven't been in one for ages. They have lots of pictures of them at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...t/rates-rooms/ and as you can see the price of the YC deluxe CL room is much more than the price of the BC deluxe CL room (which is more like a super large regular room). The price of a deluxe CL room at the BC is cheaper than a CL water view room wherein the price of a deluxe CL room at the YC is much more than a CL water view room.
Thanks for that! I never think to actually go to the Disney website! D'OH!

Wowsa on the deluxe YC rooms!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #1941
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHoo View Post
Thanks much. The view isn't near as bad as I pictured.
I agree!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #1942
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

BCV23 you are now my go to person when it comes to all resorts!! Thank you for the info on SSR... I know it won't compare to YC/BC but it will be something different for sure!! Thanks again for the info!!

~Nannette

Old 01-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #1943
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

It depends on the time of day.

If it's early, the coffee makers are usually the crabby, semi conscious type. Don't get too close or they may bite. It's best to wait until they've become human again, usually after a cup or two. If it's in the middle of the day then the coffee makers are somewhat nicer but they are running out of energy and need a cup to keep them going.

Personally I feel it's the coffee makers at night that cause the most trouble. They know it's late, and they know they shouldn't be drinking coffee at that hour but they just can't resist. Those coffee makers are the ones that are up all night and drive everybody else in the room crazy. By the time they finally get to sleep it's time to get up again and they are not well rested and extremely crabby. For these coffee makers the best bet is to just throw coffee pods at them, like grenades, and hope one of them lands in the coffee maker and starts to brew on it's own so you don't have to get too close.

Most people don't know that there are sometimes TWO coffee makers in the room. The ones that drink the whole pot and the ones that want just a half a cup of decaf, in that flavor that nobody likes except for themselves. These people are why coffee pods were invented.

I'm pretty sure they are serving Nescafe in the Marketplace and that it opens at 7am. Over at the Yacht Club I think there is a place that has REAL coffee in the morning. Does anyone remember where that is? That might save you from all of the above nonsense!

~NM
As per usual you have me rolling on the floor

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #1944
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all of the pictures of the views...very helpful!

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #1945
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sue M and her daughter stopped in to visit Teena at work at the Beach Club today:

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #1946
Mewissy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the answers on the BCV balconies!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #1947
barneyda
Earning My Ears

Beach Club with first timers!!!

We are arriving at the Beach Club (garden view) on Feb 28th....I have been to WDW several times, but this will be the first visit for my DS, DDil and DGS (13)...I am soooo excited to help create the "perfect" experience for them...our dining plans are: captains grill for breakfast 3/1...San Angel Inn for dinner, MM, R&C, Boma and Biergarten...thought that was a well "rounded" experience...I'm haunting the websites for trip planning! Hoping for a full balcony. We leave Wed 3/6 to come back home to Tulsa....am I missing anything? Got our Magical Express stuff in the mail today....missing some parts, but a quick phone call fixed that! Wish us luck! This is to celebrate my DIL's birthday AND my full retirement from being a nurse in a hospital for xxxx years!!!:j umping1:
Old 01-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #1948
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

I just have to say that I am cracking up and I'm talking to my DH about some of the things I have read or seen on here, and he says, "You are borderline obsessed. I may have to cut you off." To which I respond, "This is better than facebook " Honestly, I'm on here way more than facebook these days I enjoy my time with my BC/YC friends : flower3:

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #1949
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
I just have to say that I am cracking up and I'm talking to my DH about some of the things I have read or seen on here, and he says, "You are borderline obsessed. I may have to cut you off." To which I respond, "This is better than facebook " Honestly, I'm on here way more than facebook these days I enjoy my time with my BC/YC friends : flower3:
That's great! We LOVE stalkers, lurkers, lookie loos, hover-ers and peepers. The creepers, not so much....

Welcome!!

Be sure to think up some questions for us or perhaps fill us in on your resort experience, like the time that you snuck Fozzy Bear in your room and he did 15 minutes of stand up for 3 pretzel rolls from the Biergartin and a Grey Goose Slushie liberated from the World Show Case.

~NM
Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #1950
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom

That's great! We LOVE stalkers, lurkers, lookie loos, hover-ers and peepers. The creepers, not so much....

Welcome!!

Be sure to think up some questions for us or perhaps fill us in on your resort experience, like the time that you snuck Fozzy Bear in your room and he did 15 minutes of stand up for 3 pretzel rolls from the Biergartin and a Grey Goose Slushie liberated from the World Show Case.

~NM
My best story is the time we were at The World in December 2010, we stayed at BC. We were doing the Candlelight Processional, and we had ressies at Le Cellier prior. Well, it was an usually cold December, we had been going all day out in the cool air. We ordered our dinners and before the food even arrived both kids DS (8) and DD (5) passed out in the booth I was the only one who went to Candlelight, thankfully we had good friends that were there at the same time, so my friend, her mom and her daughter went with me

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: