Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #1921
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm not a tea drinker (coffee is my vice of choice), but I do know they sell Twinings in one of the shoppes in the UK in EPCOT. Again, not sure exactly which varieties they offer.
Which leads to my next question
What type of coffee makers are in the BC rooms? I often do a grocery order and order coffee so that we have all that we need.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #1922
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
What type of coffee makers are in the BC rooms? I often do a grocery order and order coffee so that we have all that we need.
Cuisinart Pod Machine !! natebenma has a post on page 127 with a few pics

Which leads to my question!! Where have people bought the pods online the cheapest? Thinking I'm going to buy some for my trip in December!!

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #1923
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
Cuisinart Pod Machine !! natebenma has a post on page 127 with a few pics

Which leads to my question!! Where have people bought the pods online the cheapest? Thinking I'm going to buy some for my trip in December!!
Thank you!

I'll do some price research and make sure to report back on the best price I find
Old 01-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #1924
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post

It depends on the time of day.

If it's early, the coffee makers are usually the crabby, semi conscious type. Don't get too close or they may bite. It's best to wait until they've become human again, usually after a cup or two. If it's in the middle of the day then the coffee makers are somewhat nicer but they are running out of energy and need a cup to keep them going.

Personally I feel it's the coffee makers at night that cause the most trouble. They know it's late, and they know they shouldn't be drinking coffee at that hour but they just can't resist. Those coffee makers are the ones that are up all night and drive everybody else in the room crazy. By the time they finally get to sleep it's time to get up again and they are not well rested and extremely crabby. For these coffee makers the best bet is to just throw coffee pods at them, like grenades, and hope one of them lands in the coffee maker and starts to brew on it's own so you don't have to get too close.

Most people don't know that there are sometimes TWO coffee makers in the room. The ones that drink the whole pot and the ones that want just a half a cup of decaf, in that flavor that nobody likes except for themselves. These people are why coffee pods were invented.

I'm pretty sure they are serving Nescafe in the Marketplace and that it opens at 7am. Over at the Yacht Club I think there is a place that has REAL coffee in the morning. Does anyone remember where that is? That might save you from all of the above nonsense!

~NM
Old 01-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #1925
angelkk
Mouseketeer

I've read from tripadvisor that the walls in BC is "thin as paper" and those reviewers claimed that they could be woke up by the next room's wake-up call, even flushing the toilet. Is the insulation that bad? Is YC any better?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #1926
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

It depends on the time of day.

If it's early, the coffee makers are usually the crabby, semi conscious type. Don't get too close or they may bite. It's best to wait until they've become human again, usually after a cup or two. If it's in the middle of the day then the coffee makers are somewhat nicer but they are running out of energy and need a cup to keep them going.

Personally I feel it's the coffee makers at night that cause the most trouble. They know it's late, and they know they shouldn't be drinking coffee at that hour but they just can't resist. Those coffee makers are the ones that are up all night and drive everybody else in the room crazy. By the time they finally get to sleep it's time to get up again and they are not well rested and extremely crabby. For these coffee makers the best bet is to just throw coffee pods at them, like grenades, and hope one of them lands in the coffee maker and starts to brew on it's own so you don't have to get too close.

Most people don't know that there are sometimes TWO coffee makers in the room. The ones that drink the whole pot and the ones that want just a half a cup of decaf, in that flavor that nobody likes except for themselves. These people are why coffee pods were invented.

I'm pretty sure they are serving Nescafe in the Marketplace and that it opens at 7am. Over at the Yacht Club I think there is a place that has REAL coffee in the morning. Does anyone remember where that is? That might save you from all of the above nonsense!

~NM
It's almost like you are there in the room with me.

That scares me a little!!!

( And answer is "Ale & Compass" at YC for real coffee- sorry, still in trivia mode from an event I ran over the weekend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkk View Post
I've read from tripadvisor that the walls in BC is "thin as paper" and those reviewers claimed that they could be woke up by the next room's wake-up call, even flushing the toilet. Is the insulation that bad? Is YC any better?
I'll give you a formal welcome soon, and ask all about your trip, but for now I'm just going to answer your question.

I didn't find the walls paper thin. I do think that once in two trips, I did hear the tv next door.

Someone on this thread suggested balling up a towel and putting it against the door if you have connecting doors and I thought that was a great suggestion.

But let's have the truth folks- noisy or not?

Last edited by natebenma; 01-28-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #1927
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

I've heard that complaint before but never experienced it. We've had rooms all over both BC and YC and never had an issue with noise from the next room.

Of course it's possible that we're just exhausted by the time we get back at night and sleep right through it!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 01-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #1928
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Thank you to those who offered some tips on getting back and forth from BC to DTD. (I'm sick right now so please excuse my laziness in not multi-quoting the conversation). I wonder why the bus service is so long. I'm a bit bummed because I'd like to be able to pop in to Babycakes to get the kids some treats that they're able to eat without it monopolizing a lot of time.

Regarding noise, this will be our first stay at BC but we've encountered that problem at other resorts (especially toilet flushing and shower noise). I am a very light sleeper so I always bring a small white noise machine when we travel. I bought ours at Target.

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #1929
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHoo View Post
Does anyone have pictures of the view from the standard view club level rooms (supposedly of a rooftop or parking lot)? We are trying to decide between the standard view club level or water view regular rooms. Thanks
We had a SV CL room at the YC last March. Not quite as nice as a water view, but we had a nice view of Wishes at night. I'd be happy to have that view again.

Here are some links to our standard view pics from my trip report.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=56

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=63

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=82

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #1930
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
It's almost like you are there in the room with me.

That scares me a little!!!

She probably was in the room. She is a Ninja, after all.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #1931
rea59
Mouseketeer

Deluxe Club Level Rooms

Still trying to get info on deluxe club level rooms at the Yacht Club. I saw on this thread that they have a separate sitting room with daybed but when I made my reservation I was told no daybed and roll away bed wasn't allowed. Has anyone stayed in one these rooms recently? All pictures and info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #1932
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Gantu, congratulations! Sure hope you get your first choice of resorts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewissy View Post
Thanks! It doesn't look like any are Juliet. I knew we'd have balconies but started to wonder if they were full.
All villas have at least one balcony large enough for a table and two chairs. Many run the width of the room, others even the width of the villa. There are some on the upper floors that are dormer style and only a bit wider than the sliding doors but still comfortable. The smallest look a bit like Juliet balconies but are actually large enough for the aforementioned furniture. Only exception is first floor villas which have small patios. As Wood Nymph noted, some don't have a balcony off the master but those still have a balcony off the living room. The window in those rooms is actually quite nice. I think I've enjoyed every configuration we've had and that's getting to be quite a few over multiple BCV stays most years since 2002.

Nannette, I've stayed at SSR three or four times now and have enjoyed each stay. While it's not as convenient to the parks as BCV, it has lovely landscaping and it's fun to be a boat ride or walk away from all the restaurants of DTD for a change. Have fun, Nannette.

NinjaMom, hilarious about the coffee makers. I saw your response about Aulani last night after I had posted. I had actually planned to do just that...compare Y&BC/BCV to Aulani but fatigue set in. I promise to do so at some point. Short response is that the lazy river at Aulani is much longer and more elaborate than SAB. Heavily landscaped, too, with lots of special features like waterfalls and arcs.

Don't know if this has been posted but allears has the new menu and photos of HH:
http://allears.net/acc/gallery-hurri...beach-club.htm
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #1933
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Don't know if this has been posted but allears has the new menu and photos of HH:
http://allears.net/acc/gallery-hurri...beach-club.htm
Thanks for posting this. Someone had mentioned this, but didn't provide the link.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #1934
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkk View Post
The Yacht and Beach are the same building so the only difference is the outside, colors, etc.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #1935
natebenma
DIS Veteran

T- a couple of quick questions for you, tomorrow, but I'm posting now because I don't want to forget.

Hope you enjoyed your days back at work!

Is the YC scent the same as the BC scent (green aloe and clover)?

Do the YC Deluxe rooms have the same basic set up as the BC Deluxe rooms- or do they all have their differences and quirks?

I have lots of people who have provided pictures of BC Deluxe rooms and suites, but not many from the YC.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: