Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #76
trailgirl r
Are we there yet?

I really enjoyed your trip report! You have such a cute family and the outfits that you made for your daughter are wonderful!

My husband and I have been staying at Wilderness Lodge for years. We also enjoy the serenity of the Lodge and walking on the path to Fort Wilderness. My husband is still talking about the brisket that he ate at Trail's End (dinner) in September.

We lived in California for about 10 years and we really miss being able to visit Disneyland as often as we want. I guess the good part is we now live in Texas so we are half way between DL and WDW

I want the animal play set that your daughter got at AKL! I'm going to go in search of one of those in a few weeks.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #77
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailgirl r View Post
I really enjoyed your trip report! You have such a cute family and the outfits that you made for your daughter are wonderful!

My husband and I have been staying at Wilderness Lodge for years. We also enjoy the serenity of the Lodge and walking on the path to Fort Wilderness. My husband is still talking about the brisket that he ate at Trail's End (dinner) in September.

We lived in California for about 10 years and we really miss being able to visit Disneyland as often as we want. I guess the good part is we now live in Texas so we are half way between DL and WDW

I want the animal play set that your daughter got at AKL! I'm going to go in search of one of those in a few weeks.
Aww Thanks! We're glad you enjoyed the report. We sure had fun on the trip, and can't wait to go back next year.

We picked WL for our honeymoon because we liked its similarity to the Grand Californian where we got married, and then we just fell in love with it. We had considered other options for this trip, but after waiting so long we wanted to go with what we knew we'd love. On this trip we looked around at other resorts quite a bit, but came to love WL even more.

Texas has to take some getting used to, since it is a trek to either coast, but hopefully getting to make more frequent WDW trips helps balance it out. Having the option to go the other direction and come back and visit CA is neat too.

Allie really enjoyed her simple plastic animals. They were in about the middle of the large gift store at Jambo at AKL. We got the assortment that came with a clear vinyl bag, and they had some separate animals too so that's where we found the Okapi. We didn't end up seeing the animals anywhere else, although we didn't spend much time in the big shops at AK where you'd think they'd have them.

Enjoy your trip and thanks for posting!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #78
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed reading your report.
We're planning on a similar scenario for April. DS turns 3 in July, so I want to get one more trip in before that happens.
His first trip was when he was three months old, so this one will be very different.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 02-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #79
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I really enjoyed reading your report.
We're planning on a similar scenario for April. DS turns 3 in July, so I want to get one more trip in before that happens.
His first trip was when he was three months old, so this one will be very different.
We're so happy you enjoyed the report! We are glad that we took her at this age, and everybody had the best time. We can't believe how much she remembers about the trip, and how often she mentions cool things from it. Now we are excitedly planning our return trip.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #80
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We have started a PTR for our return to WDW! It will give us somewhere to post our plans, our ADRs, and pictures of this year's sewing projects. Head on over and check it out at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3104995

Tags
allie, report, toddler, trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: