Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #15
CaliDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhickey View Post
I think dressing up is big thing for kids that age, a lot of the CM will recognize them and point it out making the whole experience that much better. I saw a kid in the Cars racing costume, and he was having a blast and a half. My daughter is already planning on bringing 3 princess dresses next time, she loved wearing hers this last trip. Some suggestions...

- Eat at Blue Bayou...aka eat at the Pirate Ride
- Photopass Plus...order this, buy him a signature and picture book for character greetings and then print out the pics of him and the characters for the book and ride photos are great
- Buy him an official Disney sketch from the Animators Studio in DCA and have it personalized...this is more of a special later versus a special now
- Let him go on the same ride again, and again, and again...you know the drill
- Let him build his own lightsaber
- Jedi Training, wear Disney Star Wars gear and jump up and down to get picked
Great ideas!

I'll have to see what I can come up with as far as something for him to "dress up" as... I have several new Disney shirts for him that he'll be able to wear, but I wonder if he would like to dress up as, say... Buzz or Jack Sparrow or someone else... Maybe I'll show him some youtube videos of kids dressed up at DL, and see what he thinks, without actually giving away what I'm doing.

I ordered Photopass+ last week; just waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait!

I actually just ordered an "official" Disneyland autograph book for him this morning. The Disney Store is having a B1G1 sale on plush today, so I ordered the ones that I needed for his big surprise wake up the day we go, and threw that in the cart as well. Now I just need to get a fatter sharpie that retracts (instead of the ones with lids) for the characters to sign with.

Where do you build your own lightsaber?

We are definitely planning to do the Jedi Training! We've got a star wars shirt already, and we're going to make a sign that can be folded up and stored in my purse until it's time for him to hold it up and jump up and down. Do you think a Disney Star Wars shirt will be better than the regular Star Wars shirt that we already have?

Upcoming: Dec. 2013

CaliDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: