DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
OneEyedCats
Earning My Ears

July 2014

Due to an unexpected (but very welcome ) addition to our family coming this spring, no 2013 trip for us. However, I'm getting through this cold January weekend by starting to plan for 2014.

We will be a family of four by then (me, DH, DS - will be almost 12, DD - will be 16 mos) and I am thinking of inviting my sister and her crew (Sis, BIL, Nieces - will be 13 and 11, Nephew - will be 6.) The kids' ages and genders line up nicely for sleeping arrangements in a 2BR. The boys can share the pull out, the older girls can share a queen bed, and the baby will be in a pack/play rooming with me & DH.

With 2 years worth of points (400 in total) at our disposal, there are plenty of options to choose from - assuming I can book easily at 7months. We own at BLT, so I will probably book that at 11 to be safe then trade out.

I have really been enjoying imagining the kids' reactions to each of the different resorts. Our family favorite WDW DVC resort so far has been VWL, but there are a lot we haven't stayed at yet! I would like to try to get into the Treehouses, but Sis already lives in the Pocono's, so that might not be so exciting for them. Maybe AKL (which we loved, but is a long trip to everywhere with a new baby) or stick with BLT (love the monorail and convenience, but the pool area and grounds don't seem as much fun for older kids to explore.) Choices, choices!

I don't want DD's first year to be rushed by any means, I am just looking forward to "going home" again. Anyone else dreaming of 2014?

Me [41]; DH [51]; DS [10]
; OneEyedCat ; DD [coming soon!]
OneEyedCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Congrats!!

It is possible that a toddler's reaction to animals can be priceless . But stroller + avoiding a bus trip does make life so much easier on parents, I would probably lean BLT or VWL and save AKV for a future trip.

FYI. Personally, I think 6mo is a perfect age for a trip, alert enough to see a sparkle in their eyes, but still enjoy a lot of stroller time. In some ways 18mo is a more difficult age because they like to walk around on their own terms, and that's tough in a crowded World...

But you migh be able to make the case that it is better for DS, the 6mo would demand a slower pace and that may not be fair to DS

Last edited by hakepb; 01-27-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: 6mo
hakepb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
OneEyedCats
Earning My Ears

Thanks hakepb! I would totally go at 6 months, or even 3, if it wasn't for all of the added expenses coming up. With a 10+ year age gap, we are pretty much starting over. We gave all of our baby stuff away years ago and my sisters and girlfriends are all done with that part of life too (or so we think...I am proof that you never know where life will take you ) I do have younger sister-in-laws, but they are all still using their gear.

I am leaning heavily towards VWL again, but it is fun to think about all of the possibilities.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
lodge
DIS Veteran

I'll trade you some baby stuff for some points!!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedCats View Post
Thanks hakepb! I would totally go at 6 months, or even 3, if it wasn't for all of the added expenses coming up. With a 10+ year age gap, we are pretty much starting over. We gave all of our baby stuff away years ago and my sisters and girlfriends are all done with that part of life too (or so we think...I am proof that you never know where life will take you ) I do have younger sister-in-laws, but they are all still using their gear.

I am leaning heavily towards VWL again, but it is fun to think about all of the possibilities.
Fully understandable
Old 01-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
backyardponder
DIS Veteran

Make sure you don't exceed room capacity. You have 9 not counting the baby. That eliminates a few of the resorts where 2BR max is 8.
backyardponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
OneEyedCats
Earning My Ears

Thanks backyardponder, but we should be OK. We will be 9 persons, including the baby. 4 adults + 5 offspring. (We'll leave the cat at home ;-)

Last edited by OneEyedCats; 01-27-2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
El&Asmom
DIS Veteran

BLT is the only DVC onsite resort we have yet to stay at, but I would think that BLT would be the easiest with a baby that age. I personally love the EPCOT area resorts the best. There just isn't anything like being in the Boardwalk area. (Just came home from there 5 nights ago, and its the hardest resort for me to leave).

Either way enjoy and congrats on your new princess.

3/96 Frist trip with dh. Offsite
2/05 DD1s first trip at 19 months AKL
9/06 DD2s first trip at 9 months CSR
6/07 Bought into HH DVC!
8/07 Addonitis at SSR
9/07 BWV/SSR
1/08 POR/OKW- NAVC
El&Asmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Not going in 2013 so 2014 is what keeps me amused. Taking extended family as always. GF dvc will be open by then so that ads another choice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: