Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #151
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Keep in mind requests are not always granted, but we personally asked for one thing: to be as far away from Chef Mickeys and the monorail as possible as both are noisy (esp. chef mickeys) and DD is a very light sleeper. Enjoy!! We'll be staying TPV in 11 days.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #152
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianP1301
I'm very excited because I just upgraded my August trip from WL to a CR TPV room. It's always been a dream if mine since I was a kid to stay there and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to book it with my room discount PIN.

My question is, should I put any specific request on my reservation for room location (ie higher vs lower floors) that you would recommend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy
Keep in mind requests are not always granted, but we personally asked for one thing: to be as far away from Chef Mickeys and the monorail as possible as both are noisy (esp. chef mickeys) and DD is a very light sleeper. Enjoy!! We'll be staying TPV in 11 days.
We also request a high floor away from Chef Mickey (my son has Asperger's and the signing bothers him). We liked walking out of our door and looking right at Space Mountain

We'll be there again in 9 days!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #153
Georgi Zhukov
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbpanda View Post
Hi, very pleased to have found this thread. We are travelling from the UK for our first trip to WDW, staying at the CR for 14 nights . We chose it for the location & because the rooms have the extra daybed (my DS12 needs his own bed!). But have been a bit concerned about the amount we have spent after reading recent trip adviser reviews, so I will be avidly watching this thread for TRs & views of those who have recently stayed there. The pics in the first few threads were really useful. Thanks
Don't be concerned panda. The convenience of the CR alone (easy walking distance to MK, being on monorail line, being able to view Wishes nightly from multiple areas in the hotel, etc.) will be worth the extra money you are spending. Of course, one must ask oneself whether ANY room at WDW is worth $500-$600, or more, per night. But that is beside the point.

My family and I have stayed at the CR for the past four years in a row and are going back for a fifth year in a row in April. We had originally booked a stay at the BoardWalk Inn but started to miss the old CR even before the trip, took a family vote, and decided to change back to the CR!

No hotel is perfect - for the many thousands of Pounds you'll be spending for a fortnight stay at a Deluxe Disney Resort it's likely there would be something to gripe about at any of them. My biggest complaint about the CR is that its age sometimes causes issues with the guts of the hotel (electrical outlets in the room not working, broken sliding glass balcony door handles, etc.). However, its location and charm more than make up for those things in my opinion, which is why MANY people have such a deep affection for the old gal.

Don't drive yourself crazy reading Trip Adviser reviews - again, you can find negative reviews about ANY hotel. You are going to have a great time.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #154
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
We also request a high floor away from Chef Mickey (my son has Asperger's and the signing bothers him). We liked walking out of our door and looking right at Space Mountain

I that the white building with a point on it that I see in most pics??
Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #155
TXPyroMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
When are you going? I just booked our first BLT trip, also a 1-BR lake view! We're going December 14-21!
We are going at the same time! *Edited* We are actually going the 7-14... I misread your post

I am booking today. We wanted a 2 bedroom MK room at BLT, but they are all booked

So instead, we are booking 2 MK rooms at CR. We stayed in the same rooms in January 2012 and loved it. Can't wait to go during Christmas!

Last edited by TXPyroMom; 01-29-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Date correction
Old 01-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #156
whitney37354
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
I that the white building with a point on it that I see in most pics??
Yes it is! We stayed on the end where Chef Mickey's is & couldn't hear any noise unless we were standing right beside our room door. The cost of CR was a lot for us (atrium CL with MK view), but it was something we won't splurge for again & we loved it.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #157
cmbpanda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgi Zhukov

Don't be concerned panda. The convenience of the CR alone (easy walking distance to MK, being on monorail line, being able to view Wishes nightly from multiple areas in the hotel, etc.) will be worth the extra money you are spending. Of course, one must ask oneself whether ANY room at WDW is worth $500-$600, or more, per night. But that is beside the point.

My family and I have stayed at the CR for the past four years in a row and are going back for a fifth year in a row in April. We had originally booked a stay at the BoardWalk Inn but started to miss the old CR even before the trip, took a family vote, and decided to change back to the CR!

No hotel is perfect - for the many thousands of Pounds you'll be spending for a fortnight stay at a Deluxe Disney Resort it's likely there would be something to gripe about at any of them. My biggest complaint about the CR is that its age sometimes causes issues with the guts of the hotel (electrical outlets in the room not working, broken sliding glass balcony door handles, etc.). However, its location and charm more than make up for those things in my opinion, which is why MANY people have such a deep affection for the old gal.

Don't drive yourself crazy reading Trip Adviser reviews - again, you can find negative reviews about ANY hotel. You are going to have a great time.
Thanks. I knew I shouldn't be looking at trip adviser reviews lol. I don't mind the odd fault as long as its clean & the service is good. We are really excited as we have booked an MKV room
Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #158
cmbpanda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger

Perhaps we should contact our travel agent or the hotel direct. My Son also has aspergers and won't like the noise, especially if he is tired and stressed after a busy day! We chose CR because he was so excited about the monorail being IN the hotel lobby and because the rooms have the extra bed, but all that will backfire if we can't escape the noise when we are in the room. How high do we need to be and at what end of the hotel if we want it a bit quieter? ( we have booked an MK view room). Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #159
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Congratulations on booking. We were in the exact same situation last August. I requested an outer villa on a high floor because I didn't want to overlook the pool area. We got exactly what we requested and loved it! All the photos and link to my review are in POSTS 13 & 14.

Hot, hot summer = lower crowds and rates. That's when we usually take our summer trip to WDW.

Thank you! I just called and added the requests to my reservation.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #160
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbpanda View Post
Perhaps we should contact our travel agent or the hotel direct. My Son also has aspergers and won't like the noise, especially if he is tired and stressed after a busy day! We chose CR because he was so excited about the monorail being IN the hotel lobby and because the rooms have the extra bed, but all that will backfire if we can't escape the noise when we are in the room. How high do we need to be and at what end of the hotel if we want it a bit quieter? ( we have booked an MK view room). Thanks
Because I book the room myself, I just call Disney reservations directly, which you could definitely try or have your TA call to have your room request noted on your reservation.

Last time we were on the 12th floor because we stayed at CL, but this time with both CL's being closed I have requested the 11th floor, away from Chef Mickey. To be honest, we never had an issue with the noise even when walking out of the room. I have to say that he did find a few quiet spots for when he wanted to be out of the room but wanted to relax....he loved the lobby area and the chairs and couches down there. Also if you take the escalator the 2nd floor (I think) there are big rounded couches between all the conference rooms and he just loved them Also, we never actually ate at Contempo Cafe (which is right next to Chef Mickey), we always took the food back to our room or the CL lounge.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Melissa

My Trip Reports:

Old 01-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #161
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Is the entire club/concierge level closed for refurb? If so, I wonder if that's the reason the place was sold out months ago. First time staying here so don't know if its typical for the place to sell out.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #162
inky dinky doo
I've got the best cure for the blues. Schedule another trip to Walt Disney World, now!
The only problem with losing weight is that I'm beginning to look like a rapper

Thanks, Kook, for the advice on the "check in, check out" thingy. I am SO looking forward to this stay at the Contemporary! It's where we stayed on our very first visit about 24 years ago, and I can't wait to get back. There's just something special about your first one!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #163
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
Is the entire club/concierge level closed for refurb? If so, I wonder if that's the reason the place was sold out months ago. First time staying here so don't know if its typical for the place to sell out.
I think CR books pretty fast with or without CL being available. I know our Dec trip was hard to get the room and dates we wanted and I just kept checking to move it, which is actually what I did with my upcoming trip as well. I would imagine with both CL's being closed that doesn't help room availability but I don't think it is the main reason.

My Trip Reports:

Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #164
Talli16
Earning My Ears

I thought both CL were closed. I keep trying to book the atrium even during slow times and it is not available. Now I know why
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #165
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talli16 View Post
I thought both CL were closed. I keep trying to book the atrium even during slow times and it is not available. Now I know why
I had assumed the reason I couldn't get Atrium CL for Feb was because of the known Tower CL floor refurb and that people had planned ahead and booked Atrium CL instead. But then when the news of the Atrium CL refurb popped up, it made sense why I was never able to book it.

My Trip Reports:

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: