Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How should we split the FE?
Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms) 15 50.00%
Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms) 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #166
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I do believe we are booking today for Feb 2014 !!!!!!!!
And I am glad you booked, Rosie! It should be so fun to be on the cruise together.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #167
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Four short months ago, these were your words Christine
Quote:
I do believe we are booking today for Feb 2014 !!!!!!!!
Pretty incredible!! Guess it just took the right friends to know it was time!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 02:18 AM   #168
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Pretty incredible!! Guess it just took the right friends to know it was time!!
And I am glad you decided on giving DCL a try! You will love it!
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 01-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #169
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
And I am glad you decided on giving DCL a try! You will love it!
I am gonna be a Vet by then !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #170
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
I am gonna be a Vet by then !!!
We must remember to add your cruise number, or whatever it's called, to our reservation when you get one!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #171
Dizney73
DIS Veteran

Just booked FLTours for our ride from AKV to the Port and from the Port to the airport! I just felt like doing some planning! I get to make our Disney ADR's in just 10 days... that will mae this all feel closer!

Dizney73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:42 AM   #172
Embraer
Mouseketeer

All ready for ADRs a week on Wednesday as well. Our priority is getting a table in the Queen Victoria Room (or even the Chef's Table) at V&A for my father and his partner. It's his 70th birthday and he's paying for the whole expedition apart from WDW accommodation which is ours to pay from our DVC points allowance. 5 nights in a SSR Treehouse, 7 on the Fantasy & then 2 nights in the BLT with a Magic Kingdom view. We've other ADRs to plan, mainly Character dining but the V&A one is the one I'd really like to get however slim a prospect it may be!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #173
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizney73 View Post
Just booked FLTours for our ride from AKV to the Port and from the Port to the airport! I just felt like doing some planning! I get to make our Disney ADR's in just 10 days... that will mae this all feel closer!
one more step closer to the cruise! It feels so nice to have one's ducks in a row.
You shocked me with your ADR booking announcement. I am so immersed in our trip/DREAM cruise that is coming up in less than 3 weeks that I completely forgot about those ADRs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
All ready for ADRs a week on Wednesday as well. Our priority is getting a table in the Queen Victoria Room (or even the Chef's Table) at V&A for my father and his partner. It's his 70th birthday and he's paying for the whole expedition apart from WDW accommodation which is ours to pay from our DVC points allowance. 5 nights in a SSR Treehouse, 7 on the Fantasy & then 2 nights in the BLT with a Magic Kingdom view. We've other ADRs to plan, mainly Character dining but the V&A one is the one I'd really like to get however slim a prospect it may be!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get what you need. SSR Treehouse sounds fun, especially since you travel with family.
We only have 3 nights at WDW before our back to back cruises on the Fantasy, but after that we are staying another 2 weeks at WDW and I need to make my mind up on ADRs for that as well.
Thanks for "waking me up" and making me realize I need to get those decisions made.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:37 AM   #174
Embraer
Mouseketeer

We did a Treehouse in May 2011 for 11 nights. Very relaxing. Lots of space in an open living space. Bunks for the kids and a nicely quiet pool only a short walk away. The SSR pool isn't that far either, maybe a 10minute walk. If anybody's thinking about any 2 bedroom accommodation on property I'd recommend you give a Treehouse a try
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #175
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did a Treehouse in May 2011 for 11 nights. Very relaxing. Lots of space in an open living space. Bunks for the kids and a nicely quiet pool only a short walk away. The SSR pool isn't that far either, maybe a 10minute walk. If anybody's thinking about any 2 bedroom accommodation on property I'd recommend you give a Treehouse a try
I would love to try them some day !!So many Pole Dancing opportunities
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #176
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would LOVE to stay at the treehouses one day, especially as we own SSR, but it is just Tom and me travelling, so it would not be a really good use of points. Maybe when our cousin's little boy is old enough to travel that far.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #177
Dizney73
DIS Veteran

What would you do? I need to plan out the last of my ADR's!!!!

I am having a hard time trying to decide what to do on arrival day... I know what I want to do... but not sure that it is the best choice. So I ask , "What would you do?"

Our flight lands at MCO at 4:45 pm. Which means we won't get to AKV and checked in until 7 -7:30ish or so. (We have been on some LONG Magical Express rides.) We have Premium Annual Passes so we can go to a park just to grab some dinner...no problem. But should we? And we will be using Tables in Wonderland for our meals.
Would you hit up a park just for the thrill of being there and a late dinner or perhaps just make a ressie at Kidani for Sanaa and hang at the resort?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #178
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What would you do? I need to plan out the last of my ADR's!!!!

I am having a hard time trying to decide what to do on arrival day... I know what I want to do... but not sure that it is the best choice. So I ask , "What would you do?"

Our flight lands at MCO at 4:45 pm. Which means we won't get to AKV and checked in until 7 -7:30ish or so. (We have been on some LONG Magical Express rides.) We have Premium Annual Passes so we can go to a park just to grab some dinner...no problem. But should we? And we will be using Tables in Wonderland for our meals.
Would you hit up a park just for the thrill of being there and a late dinner or perhaps just make a ressie at Kidani for Sanaa and hang at the resort?
Where are you travelling from?
For us a travel day includes a 10 hour flight, then immigration and we will arrive late at the resort too. We usually stay close to the resort (AP holder as well) as we are usually very tired.
In February the MK is open until 1am on our day before the cruise, so we changed our resort and are now staying at BLT and WILL hit the park until 1am.
If I had to rely on Disney transport after a long flight I would not go to a park though.

But again, I can only take into consideration what WE would do ........

Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #179
Dizney73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Where are you travelling from?
For us a travel day includes a 10 hour flight, then immigration and we will arrive late at the resort too. We usually stay close to the resort (AP holder as well) as we are usually very tired.
In February the MK is open until 1am on our day before the cruise, so we changed our resort and are now staying at BLT and WILL hit the park until 1am.
If I had to rely on Disney transport after a long flight I would not go to a park though.

But again, I can only take into consideration what WE would do ........
Coming from PA... leaving for the airport at 10 am...
I know my gut says enjoy some down time but... my heart says GO HAVE SOME FUN! HEHEHE! We do have a 4 year old and a 7 year old to think about though...

Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #180
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Coming from PA... leaving for the airport at 10 am...
I know my gut says enjoy some down time but... my heart says GO HAVE SOME FUN! HEHEHE! We do have a 4 year old and a 7 year old to think about though...
I always forget that people travel with kids.
I have no idea how much downtime the 4 year old would need.

Why not just enjoy AKV - there are some lovely spots to watch the animals, the resort is huge and beautiful and there is still the pool to consider.
Don't know if you have eaten at Sanaa, but it is a wonderful restaurant, that has some "off the beaten path" food. And if you are lucky to get a table by the window you can watch the animals while eating.
If you are staying at Jambo - Jiko would be MY choice. The food is really nice and the service devine.

Have you looked at park times the week before our cruise?
MK closes at 10 and it is sooooooo far off, esp. if you have to use the Disney bus.
AK closes at 7, so I guess that is out.
Epcot and DHS will close at 9. If there aren't EMHs I don't think it's worth the trouble.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: