Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
familylovesmickey
Earning My Ears

help me make a decision...lol

Ok We are planning a trip now for the end of February 2013 but can't decide between POP and Coronado. There is a price difference and that is fine. We have stayed at Sports several times and want to change it up a bit. Thanks in advance for your knowledge on the two.
familylovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Hi, I had looked into Coronado as well. Although I have never stayed there, I decided not to book due to all the reviews I have read online. From what I gathered, although families do stay & enjoy their stay there, it does attract a lot of Business travelers (not sure why.) Also, you may want to double check on this one, but I think the main Pool is being refurbish? Not sure if this would affect your dates..... On the other hand, I have stayed at Pop 3 times, & we love it there. Big, bright, fun, out door decor, Large pools, Large food court, large wading pool for kiddies.. Clean rooms (very important to me).. The only reason we're not staying there this yr is for the sake of changing it up. Good luck, I'm sure you'll enjoy wherever you decide. It's Disney!!

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
DonoMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

I can't speak for POP but we've stayed at CSR and really like it there. The resort never seemed too busy (pools, restaurants), the theme is really nice and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff here were friendly (save a couple in Pepper Market one day) and we didn't have one complaint about the buses.. we only stood once in an entire week and we never waited too long.
shenaniganzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

We've done both resorts... POP was an escape resort from Wilma shutting down Amtrak, we were fi is he'd with our stay at the Poly and wanted a resort to ride out the restarting kf Amtrak to go home, cheaply .... We're not value fans, too much in the face icons and rectangle plain pools are not our bag either... We would never schedule a vacation at a value..

Moderate, same again we're deluxe fans and prefer the interior halls, themed pools and restaurant setting type resort.... Got a deal one for CSR and must say was not impressed one bit... Too sprawled out end to end, crossing the parking lot to the bus stations not ideal and the conventions are too on going and noticeable...like I said, if you're on the wrong end of the resort, it's a long walk to the pool or mug refill area, and after spending all day walking in the parks, I don't want that at the resort too.. And as for paying extra for preferred area... Might just as well pay a little more and stay deluxe....

We chose resorts on location, what park we're closed to, which we like and prefer with a couple of options of getting there....

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
soccer mom
DIS Veteran

We did not care for CS. The resort is too large and spread out. The Pepper Mill is not like other food courts. We had to wait to be seated and were expected to tip. Nothing quick service about it. It is a beautiful resort just not for us. We've never stayed at the POP, but we disliked CS enough that I would choose POP if given that choice.
CSR - December 2011
POFQ - November 2010, 2009, 2008
WL - Return from Iraq Celebration! - December 2007
BWI - First Time No Kids! - January 2007
ALK - December 2005
POR - January 2005
WL - November 2003
BC/Poly - November 2002
AKL - November 2001
POFQ - December 1999
FW Cabins - December 1994, 1991
FW Campgrounds - March 1985, 1981, 1976
soccer mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
familylovesmickey
Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much. I really think pop looks like fun. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
Marla1106
Mouseketeer

We love Pop. But, I haven't stayed at the other resort.
Marla1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We visited both resorts last September as we were exploring resort options. We thought we'd like CSR more than we did, and we were more impressed by POP. The food court at POP was very nice, and it is right next to AOA so we wouldn't pay more to stay over there, even though AoA has a newer nicer pool. CSR was ok, but didn't feel as "special" as other Disney resorts and was very spread out.

The biggest thing holding us back from a Value is the smaller beds. We like having Queen beds, and that alone might justify a moderate. We also visited POR and preferred its theming to CSR.

Then, once you pay the extra for the bigger beds of a Moderate, it is sometimes only a little more to upgrade to a standard view at a Deluxe resort, which is what we ended up doing. The location and fact the resort is inside and under one roof made it worth it to us.

Don't you just love the brilliance of Disney pricing... Each step has it's benefits, and can be a good option based on your individual preferneces.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer mom View Post
The Pepper Mill is not like other food courts. We had to wait to be seated and were expected to tip. Nothing quick service about it.
Was that the only food place there? I would absolutely hate that! I'm not a table service kind of person when I'm at Disney.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both.

CSR - not our thing either - resort was just waaay to big for our liking - We spent more time on buses there than any other resort - the Pepper Market was a pain...I don't think our family ate a single meal together while we stayed there. The pool area was awesome.
POP - We have had many fun stays there - the theming is over the top fun, the food court is great - the rooms were always immaculate and the CM's are fantastic.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #11
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

We love csr. One of our favorites. We like that it's spread out. Usually fairly close in any building to a quiet pool and bus stop. Never waited long for buses and LOVED pepper market. We felt it was much healthier than other resort qs. Tossing a few dollars on the table didn't bother me. Caveat is that we use refillable mugs to bring coffee to parks or drinks to pools, so we are ok being farther away from main building. Also DH is a runner and he prefers csr for running. Not a big treadmill guy.

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #12
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

Then, once you pay the extra for the bigger beds of a Moderate, it is sometimes only a little more to upgrade to a standard view at a Deluxe resort, which is what we ended up doing. The location and fact the resort is inside and under one roof made it worth it to us. Quote::.......

It's like buying a six pack of beer... $4.00.... 12 pack ... $9.00..... 18 pack 14.00.... Get the drift, the more ya buy the cheaper it is... I like the deluxes and you won't break the bank at the WL or AKL..

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
familylovesmickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio
Then, once you pay the extra for the bigger beds of a Moderate, it is sometimes only a little more to upgrade to a standard view at a Deluxe resort, which is what we ended up doing. The location and fact the resort is inside and under one roof made it worth it to us. Quote::.......

It's like buying a six pack of beer... $4.00.... 12 pack ... $9.00..... 18 pack 14.00.... Get the drift, the more ya buy the cheaper it is... I like the deluxes and you won't break the bank at the WL or AKL..
That's what I was telling hubby. He asked me where I stopped and I said when I get to the top. Lol. He took the computer away.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: