Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #2191
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
He hates to shovel...poor guy
I think that's the difference. If we get 6 inches here, that's a big blizzard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Happy Monday Ladies
Happy Monday to you as well.

Quote:
Funny story. When I went into labor with ds6, DH was down in Texas on business. He hurried up, jumped on a plane and made it back JUST in time. When he walked in the room I had the nurse literally holding my legs shut to try to wait till DH got there. He looks at us and says, "Oh good I made it. I ran so fast through the airports that my feet are in the worst pain, you wouldn't believe it" Apparently he was wearing his steel toes shoes since he'd been on a site visit.

OMG. I thought the nurse and I were going to kill him with our glares. Men are such babies sometimes. Oh well. We love 'em anyway.
I bet his feet were hurting, but I'm surprise he survived the glares. He's lucky women can't really shoot daggers out of our eyes.

When I was pregnant with our oldest DS, Joey, I was hospitalized in my 31 week with hypertension and toxemia. Exactly one week after being admitted the protein levels in my urine got to a 7. I guess that's bad because they sent me down to L&D and started me on another round of Magensium Sulfate (most painful drug ever!!) and Patocin. Both our parents were in the room with us, and the DH kept rubbing my face and arms with a damp cloth saying (just above a whisper) "rest....get some rest". Through gritted teeth, I finally said, "If you tell me to get rest one more time, I'm going to rip your (insert male body part that he has two of)." The mothers both looked at each other and decided it was a good time to get settled in the hospitals hotel for people that have family members in the hospital.

The sad thing is that the DH missed his first son being born. Between them taking me from the L&D room, him putting the scrubs on, and him getting to the OR room, they had decided to put me totally under and he couldn't come in. He was so excited to be there when John was born, I think death would have been the only thing that kept him away.

Quote:
wookie - Sorry DH and the ILs are putting you through the wringer. I hope that you can get a trip together. You really sound like you could use it.
Luckily, they haven't said anything else about it. I just hope they don't go. I know he could get a lot of good information there. Heck if were anywhere else (even Vegas), I would be pushing him out of the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
i_heart - we must have been posting at the same time. I would have told DH to get out of the delivery room if he was complaining about his feet, LOL!!! I swear they just don't get it

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I would have to, or threatened to remove the pesky feet for him.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #2192
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:

Wookie - hope you got all your school work turned in on time. Sounds like DH is on your side with the trip, I really hope you get a nice chunk back from the IRS!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I did, but now a new week has started.

I did some pricing for a 4n/5d trip and priced both AoA LM and the Pop. AoA LM came out cheaper (by about $47) than the Pop. Maybe it was b/c at the Pop I added the preferred room.

So, this is my question ladies (and I hope y'all have answers so I don't have to ask in the shark tank that can sometimes be the DIS outside of this thread) have you stayed at both the Pop Century and a LM room at the AoA? Which would you prefer? Are the beds better at the AoA? I know the bathrooms won't be the size they are at the CR, but if they beds are more comfy than those at the Pop I think I can deal with the bathroom. Are the LM rooms too girly for teenage boys? I'm really leaning toward doing value to make sure we can do the upgrade to DlxDDP and get tickets on 10/13 to MNSSHP.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #2193
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I did, but now a new week has started.

I did some pricing for a 4n/5d trip and priced both AoA LM and the Pop. AoA LM came out cheaper (by about $47) than the Pop. Maybe it was b/c at the Pop I added the preferred room.

So, this is my question ladies (and I hope y'all have answers so I don't have to ask in the shark tank that can sometimes be the DIS outside of this thread) have you stayed at both the Pop Century and a LM room at the AoA? Which would you prefer? Are the beds better at the AoA? I know the bathrooms won't be the size they are at the CR, but if they beds are more comfy than those at the Pop I think I can deal with the bathroom. Are the LM rooms too girly for teenage boys? I'm really leaning toward doing value to make sure we can do the upgrade to DlxDDP and get tickets on 10/13 to MNSSHP.
Wookie, with the 4 of you (and being that you have 2 teenage boys), would do the AOA Suite (love the Cars one ) or 2 rooms at POP. To me the LM rooms seem a little feminine.

BTW... Christine's (Minnie&Nana) daughter, son in law and granddaughter Sophia are there right now for 2 nights. Maybe she can ask her DD about the beds.

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #2194
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Pas- so far midterms seem to be going well. He really wants to make wind ensemble for band. Today was engineering and English, tomorrow is the end... French 3 and alg 2.

Melissa- we are at tennis now, no musical rehearsal tonight. He is in the ensemble for the school musical "carousel".
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #2195
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Pas- so far midterms seem to be going well. He really wants to make wind ensemble for band. Today was engineering and English, tomorrow is the end... French 3 and alg 2.

Melissa- we are at tennis now, no musical rehearsal tonight. He is in the ensemble for the school musical "carousel".
DetTigsGal ... that's great the midterms are going well for him. My DD has them Tues, Wed, Thurs this week. Yikes!

Good luck to him on auditioning for wind ensemble!

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #2196
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Wookie, with the 4 of you (and being that you have 2 teenage boys), would do the AOA Suite (love the Cars one ) or 2 rooms at POP. To me the LM rooms seem a little feminine.

BTW... Christine's (Minnie&Nana) daughter, son in law and granddaughter Sophia are there right now for 2 nights. Maybe she can ask her DD about the beds.
I would love to do two rooms at the Pop, but this trip is all about making the budget as small as possible. I did price a suite at AoA and I would rather go that route, if we can't make the WL work.

Quote:

What instrument does he play? I played flute, tenor sax, and was the lead on the cymbal line. Neither of my boys liked band. They both wanted to do percussion, but you have to try out for that. The year Joey tried out there were 32 kids. Of those kids, at least a dozen had been taken drum lessons for a years. Most of those dozen had been taking them for 5 or more years, so he didn't stand a chance. John missed the try out for percussion. He did try to trumpet, but didn't like it.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #2197
padawans
DIS Veteran

No changes, and maybe no RPR cl. I'm keeping my pet room for know. I didn't like the kennel as much as I thought. I'm going to keep looking around. It was nice and clean, but it had no outside area. I am a very fussy dog parent. This is why I did not want a dog. I will use my BB in some fashion in May. I'm just not sure where.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #2198
CPTRachelWilliams
Earning My Ears

Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #2199
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Janet B- thanks, he should find out Wednesday. There are currently 2 French horns in wind ensemble and one is graduating. He is first chair concert band and there are 4 in that band, with none coming up.
Best wishes to you dd next week

Wookie- he plays the French horn in band and the mellophone in marching band. He wasn't too sure about continuing when he went into the high school, but we said with all honors classes it would be a break. Well, he loved it after the first rehearsal in July and has never looked back. Almost all of his friends are band kids and the band director is terrific.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #2200
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

OH MY ..... I almost forgot to book my BB!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #2201
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Janet B- thanks, he should find out Wednesday. There are currently 2 French horns in wind ensemble and one is graduating. He is first chair concert band and there are 4 in that band, with none coming up.
Best wishes to you dd next week

Wookie- he plays the French horn in band and the mellophone in marching band. He wasn't too sure about continuing when he went into the high school, but we said with all honors classes it would be a break. Well, he loved it after the first rehearsal in July and has never looked back. Almost all of his friends are band kids and the band director is terrific.
Maybe one day, he could march in a DCI band? I love marching bands!!

Well, the trip came up again tonight. My fil joked about sending me, because my mil kept insisting she couldn't go. The mil thinks the fil and my DH should go, but he's the kicker (and how I'm explaining how the NEED me to go). They are driving, the fil isn't supposed to fly due to blood clots and they would both most likely have to buy two seats anyway. Well the fil is still in a lot of pain with his back, despite having two back surgeries this past summer. When they went to the lake house this last weekend, the about 3 hour drive "almost killed him" according to the mil. I told the mil, "see y'all need me to go to the Orlando training(now they're calling it the Orlando training and not FL training). Dad can't help and David can't drive the whole way. I need to go and help with the driving." When she brought up school, I said that I could take an online class and not miss any school. The only problem is, that I would have to drop the programming class I am signed up for in place of one I can do online. I have until the first week of March to drop the class, so I'll wait and see what happens.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #2202
babyberger
DIS Veteran

i_heart - nope, we don't leave until Wednesday the 6th, and now those dates are set in stone as I have emailed the kiddo's teachers and let them know. The only change that could happen now is if a 1BR miraculously opens up at BLT

Janet - it was so wonderful to meet you and Sam yesterday I am so glad you asked where I was and we turned out so close to each other. It is amazing that there is more to life and to talk about than just Disney I am glad you made it home safe and sound

Wookie - sounds like you had a very scary experience with Joey's birth I cant even imagine DH not being there As for Pop and AoA, I havent stayed at either, sorry. We have stayed at all the All-Stars, but Pop was never available with an AP or FL disc when we were doing values. But I am sure you will get some answers from the others and be able to avoid the shark tank

Oh boy I started this over 3.5 hours ago then DH called that he was on his way home not feeling good, still had homework to do with the kiddos, then dinner, clean up, etc. But the evening has wound down and I can finally finish this

padawans - sorry you didn't like the kennel, that definitely makes thing harder. I am sure you will figure it out.

Linda - OH MY almost forgetting to book the BB You would definitely be homeless if you forget Cant wait to hear how the rest of your trip has gone.

Wookie - Woohoo! Sounds like a WDW trip may be in your near future after all

Hope everyone is having a great night!
Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #2203
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Janet and Melissa: What a lovely picture of you both and yay for a spur of the moment RC meet up! One day we will all get together I hope!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #2204
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

OK. I'm DONE!

Alright. I mean it. YC CL and it's gonna be amazing!!!!!

I admit, I called again today about the Poly. I realized that at this point it is about just wanting something I can't have. (I'm always like that).

Plus, DH told me today that I need to stop and we will stay at the Poly in August 2014.....to which I said "but, were going to Atlantis next year" and he said "I'm worried what will happen to you if you miss Disney and that mine train next year" (he was joking, but almost half serious...)

So, our plan is to do both!!! Atlantis in Feb 2014 and Disney (Poly) in August 2014!!!! Next year is looking pretty darn good!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #2205
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
i_heart - nope, we don't leave until Wednesday the 6th, and now those dates are set in stone as I have emailed the kiddo's teachers and let them know. The only change that could happen now is if a 1BR miraculously opens up at BLT

Janet - it was so wonderful to meet you and Sam yesterday I am so glad you asked where I was and we turned out so close to each other. It is amazing that there is more to life and to talk about than just Disney I am glad you made it home safe and sound

Wookie - sounds like you had a very scary experience with Joey's birth I cant even imagine DH not being there As for Pop and AoA, I havent stayed at either, sorry. We have stayed at all the All-Stars, but Pop was never available with an AP or FL disc when we were doing values. But I am sure you will get some answers from the others and be able to avoid the shark tank

Oh boy I started this over 3.5 hours ago then DH called that he was on his way home not feeling good, still had homework to do with the kiddos, then dinner, clean up, etc. But the evening has wound down and I can finally finish this

padawans - sorry you didn't like the kennel, that definitely makes thing harder. I am sure you will figure it out.

Linda - OH MY almost forgetting to book the BB You would definitely be homeless if you forget Cant wait to hear how the rest of your trip has gone.

Wookie - Woohoo! Sounds like a WDW trip may be in your near future after all

Hope everyone is having a great night!
Melissa
The kennel will work out great for shorter trips. It's nice, but it's just very concrete and sterile looking. The kennel I left my dog at in California had a more homey feel with out door runs and trees. I guess I was expecting to find something like that. The one at WDW looks very nice. It's really not that big a deal to take him. It's just one more carry on.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: