Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
angelkk
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 244

AKL, YC, or BC: which is newer?

Choosing among AKL, YC & BC. I knew AKL was built in 2001, while YC & BC were built in 1990. Did any of the rooms being refurbished in the recent years?

I stayed in GF in 2009, and CR in 2011 and they looked very nice and "new" after rehab.

Are any of the CMs in the resorts more accommodating? My little one had allergies and I always asked GF to deep clean our room before check-in.

Which one would you recommend? I will be doing one day in each park, and one day in Premium outlets.

Will March break be too cold for swimming? My children (5 & 9) may wanted to swim if I choose YC & BC.

Are they all far away from self-parking?

Thanks in advance.
angelkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran
 
figment_jii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 12,361

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkk View Post
Are any of the CMs in the resorts more accommodating?
I would think that it's luck of the draw. You'll get good CMs at any resort, just as you might get a bad one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkk View Post
Which one would you recommend? I will be doing one day in each park, and one day in Premium outlets.
For travel simplicity, I would chose either YC or BC because you can walk/boat to two of the parks (and thus save on the travel time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkk View Post
Are they all far away from self-parking?
No, they aren't far, but they aren't really close either. If you look at Google satellite images, you can get a sense of where the parking areas are relative to the resort.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 12,131

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkk View Post
Choosing among AKL, YC & BC. I knew AKL was built in 2001, while YC & BC were built in 1990. Did any of the rooms being refurbished in the recent years?

I stayed in GF in 2009, and CR in 2011 and they looked very nice and "new" after rehab.

Are any of the CMs in the resorts more accommodating? My little one had allergies and I always asked GF to deep clean our room before check-in.

Which one would you recommend? I will be doing one day in each park, and one day in Premium outlets.

Will March break be too cold for swimming? My children (5 & 9) may wanted to swim if I choose YC & BC.

Are they all far away from self-parking?

Thanks in advance.
Rooms at YC & BC were renovated in 2008-2009.

Some guests at the Y&BC swim in December and January. Depends on where you are from, how tolerant you are to cooler weather, how badly your kids want to swim. The pools are heated. The problem is getting out into the cold air.

Temperature in Florida can fluctuate greatly from day to day, so some days may be ok for swimming, some not so much.

I'm guessing in March you will have some potential pool time.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
angelkk
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 244

Thanks for the replies. I guess i will pick BC or YC, difficult choice, but I guess I can't go wrong with either one?

How does it work, say if we walk from YC to Ecpot? Do we have to walk pass thru BC?

I've read that wristband is required to access the pools? Do we get a new wristband every day?
angelkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
em36
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkk
Thanks for the replies. I guess i will pick BC or YC, difficult choice, but I guess I can't go wrong with either one?

How does it work, say if we walk from YC to Ecpot? Do we have to walk pass thru BC?

I've read that wristband is required to access the pools? Do we get a new wristband every day?
You don't have to walk through BC, but you do walk past it. You will pass the BC and BC Villas. It is a pretty short walk.

You will get a new wrist band each day at the pool. The color of the band changes daily.

I loved my stay at the YC. Hope you do too.
em36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, beach club, yacht club



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.