Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #466
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
I loved your MNSSHP pics. Not sure if I've posted in this one or not, I just found it the other day and took me a while to catch up!
Welcome!
I plane to work on my other TR this week more, so this one will be in a semi lull for a few days. Thats my plan at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Read it slow. It ends, but doesn't really end the story line. #6 won't be out til April.

I kind of figured they haven't announced anything yet, but since I want to buy tickets to the Halloween party I will wait til they announce the dates. Going for a more laid back vacation this time with some days just spent at the resort. Thinking of Port Orleans Riverside. Looks like a great resort for pictures too. Of course I think I can say that about all the resorts couldn't I.
Good to know. It took me actually a couple of months to read number 4 as I kept getting sidetracked, but then I started 5 right away. I will have to read it slower then ...LOL
I want to stay at Riverside too. I have yet to step on it's property even, but I want a royal room!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Yes It is the chciken part. I read your post and then had my mp3 on at work. I stepped out of my office and when I returned I heard the scream and had to LOL. Luckily I was the only one in so I could cackle and cluck to my hearts content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - that is making my head hurt just looking at it.

Beautiful night time pictures! Leave it to you to get not one, not two, but three pictures of the headless horseman! Awesome job.

Great updates!
Thanks. He just walked though. I actually got like 8 pictures of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I knew that the ONE thread I'd be the farthest behind on after being sick last week was yours. You were a madwoman with updates.

The dance party looked like a lot of fun and glad the kids finally warmed up to each other and danced together, despite Claire's mom possibly embarrassing them shouting out when she shouldn't be.

You got absolutely terrific shots of the Mermaid ride. We walked on in about ten minutes in December but it was the first place we went. We loved it too!

I'm glad you got to finally see the Halloween Parade. I'm so glad we saw it; we won't be doing the Halloween Party again anytime soon, so happy we saw it twice. And your pictures of that are spectacular as well.
I always think yours is one that gets me the furthest behind too. You are usually a mad woman with updates. I go in spurts, and this week was a good spurt. I can't say how well I will keep up with that though. I want to devote this next week more to the other TR so I can get that closer to being done too.

We loved the mermaid ride. I knew Claire would be in love with it.

Sometimes I just feel the need to screa mout "hammertime!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Love all of the updates!! Everything at MNSSHP looks like so much fun! We went in 2009 and loved it! Such a good time!!
It really was a good time. I hope to get to do it again in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
Hi I have been a lurker and decided to come out and say HI!

Great report and such great pictures!! my dream someday is a disney cruise I love reading everyone's TR! looking forward to the rest
Welcome and thanks for coming out of lurkdome! I really love cruising. Disney does it great too. I want to try other lines as well, but I keep going back to looking at Disney!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #467
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Do you happen to have any video of this you'd like to share here?

Now that you speak of this, my hubby was taking video........ I think I need to watch it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

And I see Carey eyeing the other parade watchers. Isn't that John though?
Hey! Any one is my way is getting the eye! I was very vigilant, and I was rewarded, or the girls were.

Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #468
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

All caught up now!

All of your photos are awesome! My favorite it the one with fireworks over the haunted mansion. Totally awesome for catching it on the fly. Funny thing, I remember us talking about Janet, and how awesome her pictures are, and how we just haven't been able to get out pictures like that. You so did!

I'm so glad the girls starting talking and having so much fun. Kadence talks about Claire still, and wishes to play with her. I didn't get great dance pictures either.
I remember you yelling out Hammer Time!, then we talked about the clothes we wore during the time frame that song was popular, We must have been so hot!

I'm glad we didn't get stuck on Ariel! Why couldn't we have stopped in front of the good stuff!

The parade was awesome, and I'm glad I "threw" the girls down in front! I figured we found they spot, might as well defend it! Kadence said they were twins because they both had sweatshirts on and Halloween bags.

Overall, I think it was a great night, and I'm glad we spent the time hanging out.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931

Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #469
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

I thought you stayed at Port Orleans when you did your Disney training? It might have been the French Quarter, but I would have thought you made it over there to explore. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time, but definitely would only be the second.

I am planning on booking a Royal room as well. Standard view is fine with me though, don't need to pay even more for the view when I can just walk to what I want to see.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #470
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Now that you speak of this, my hubby was taking video........ I think I need to watch it!

Hey! Any one is my way is getting the eye! I was very vigilant, and I was rewarded, or the girls were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
All caught up now!

All of your photos are awesome! My favorite it the one with fireworks over the haunted mansion. Totally awesome for catching it on the fly. Funny thing, I remember us talking about Janet, and how awesome her pictures are, and how we just haven't been able to get out pictures like that. You so did!

I'm so glad the girls starting talking and having so much fun. Kadence talks about Claire still, and wishes to play with her. I didn't get great dance pictures either.
I remember you yelling out Hammer Time!, then we talked about the clothes we wore during the time frame that song was popular, We must have been so hot!

I'm glad we didn't get stuck on Ariel! Why couldn't we have stopped in front of the good stuff!

The parade was awesome, and I'm glad I "threw" the girls down in front! I figured we found they spot, might as well defend it! Kadence said they were twins because they both had sweatshirts on and Halloween bags.

Overall, I think it was a great night, and I'm glad we spent the time hanging out.
Thanks. I thought you took some pictures of the fireworks too. I guess you didn't. It was such a beautiful site.

I used to have the low crotch pants. I think I had 3 pairs.

Well the girls do look like sisters, so they can be twins with matching halloween bags and each with a sweatshirt.
I was impressed with your "throwing" skills of the girls!
We had so many wonderful days and nights on this trip and this was ranked as one of the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
I thought you stayed at Port Orleans when you did your Disney training? It might have been the French Quarter, but I would have thought you made it over there to explore. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time, but definitely would only be the second.

I am planning on booking a Royal room as well. Standard view is fine with me though, don't need to pay even more for the view when I can just walk to what I want to see.
I did tour French Quarter. Good memory! I have not been to Riverside though.
I think the Royal Rooms look awesome. And I am ok with standard too. After the long walks to the rooms I had on this past trip, I think I can handle it. I know Claire would be in heaven.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #471
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After the parade, I believe we headed over near the jungle cruise and hit the jack pot of trick or treating. They had 2 lines and they were competing on how much candy each side would give the kids. The girls were happy about that.

At this point, I think Careys family decided to head up front and try to see the princesses, but Claire and I werent quite ready to leave, so we said good bye and headed off on our own.

My favorite ride is Pirates of the Caribbean, so I convinced Claire to head that way.

It looked like it was on fire with an orange glow around it.

I took some pictures on the ride, but most came out just too dark.

We did see the new mermaid additions and that was exciting to us.

We had pretty much had it after this. The lack of sleep was catching up to both of us, so we headed to the front.
This is Claires treat bag. My wonderful Dis friend Lisa (mickeystoontown) made one for Claire and Kadence and sent them to us right before the trip. It was a huge hit with both girls.

As we approached Main Street, we noticed it was lit up for the party as well.

We stopped for one last photopass of the night.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #472
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We continued down Main Street.

We decided we needed to check out the shops before leaving. I dont think we end up buying anything though.

They already had a few Christmas items out too.

We headed back out.

A few more scarecrow shots

As we walked by the town hall I asked Claire if she wanted to see the princesses and she said no. I really wish I wouldve insisted on doing so. After seeing Careys photopass pictures, I am very jealous of the shots she got.

I tried to get a picture of the See Ya Real Soon pumpkins, but it didnt turn out too great.

We had been carrying Flat Ben all night and just plain forgot to pull him out for a picture, so we did get one shot before leaving.

We went to the locker and retrieved our things and then back to turn in the key. We were thirsty, so we pulled out 2 pops to purchase which basically came to the same price as what the locker deposit refund was.

Out to the bus stop and our legs were starting to hurt. We did get a seat, but the bus was pretty crowded. It made a stop at Kidani first and then to Jambo where we got off. Claire was dead tired at this point. She was wishing I would either carry her, or that she would sprout wings so she could fly back to the room. Neither of those things happened!

I guess I had enough energy to take a shot of the lobby.

And then the long hallway to our room.

It did not take us long to get ready for bed and go out. It had been such a long day, but a very fun one too. We made new memories and new friends and we couldn't have asked for better weather either.

I laid my head on the 2nd pillow of the trip so far. In 2 days I had slept in 2 different spots. "Oh the Places We Go".
Old 01-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #473
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Every time I see any type of holiday parade pictures, I immediately say "I want to go to Disney during XXX (insert holiday name) time of the year." You got some really really good parade shots!

I see that the backsack was put to good use. It looksed like it was weighed down with goodies.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #474
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Every time I see any type of holiday parade pictures, I immediately say "I want to go to Disney during XXX (insert holiday name) time of the year." You got some really really good parade shots!

I see that the backsack was put to good use. It looksed like it was weighed down with goodies.
I do too. Disney does make it look really nice for the holidays!
Claire loved the bag! And yes, she got a fair amount of goodies in it too.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #475
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Great update! You all go a lot done in just a few hours! Claire looks very cold and tired in that last photo pass picture! I'm about to turn 31 and I still wish my mom would carry me at the end of the night lol. The halloween party is so much fun. I love the back pack Lisa made for the candy! What a great idea! So much easier carrying it on your back! Funny about the cast members with the candy contest. They were probably told they had to get rid of all of it by midnight lol.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #476
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Jen, I got tired reading about your day! No wonder you were out like a light.

But the party looks so fun. And the treatbags from Mickeystoontown are really awesome. They might be an inspiration for a FE gift for our summer cruises.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #477
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Pirates Of the Caribbean looks really amazing all lit up like this. I had totally forgotten about the mermaid addition. I somehow passed this by on this trip.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #478
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Great pics, once again! I really have to get there during that time of year. I love that treat bag!! So cool!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #479
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Great update! You all go a lot done in just a few hours! Claire looks very cold and tired in that last photo pass picture! I'm about to turn 31 and I still wish my mom would carry me at the end of the night lol. The halloween party is so much fun. I love the back pack Lisa made for the candy! What a great idea! So much easier carrying it on your back! Funny about the cast members with the candy contest. They were probably told they had to get rid of all of it by midnight lol.
It did get a little chilly by the end of the night. But we were dead tired thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Jen, I got tired reading about your day! No wonder you were out like a light.

But the party looks so fun. And the treatbags from Mickeystoontown are really awesome. They might be an inspiration for a FE gift for our summer cruises.
Lisa was so nice to send us those bags. It was a huge hit for Claire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Pirates Of the Caribbean looks really amazing all lit up like this. I had totally forgotten about the mermaid addition. I somehow passed this by on this trip.

Corinna
I had just read about it before we left, so it was stil lfresh in my mind to look for. A lot of people didn't notice it, but I pointed it out right away to Claire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Great pics, once again! I really have to get there during that time of year. I love that treat bag!! So cool!
Thanks. This is a great time to go. Carey and I timed it great as we did both the Halloween party and the Christmas party!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #480
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Kadence and I just went back over all the updates, and she wanted to add that she was glad that they got the good candy, and not raisins like last year.

She's so excited to see more dancing pictures, and she wants you guys to plan a trip at the same time as we do again. I told her we'd get right on that.

We were just dragging at the end of that night. Then combine that with the LLoooooonnnnnggggggg walk back to our room.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: