Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #721
crazy_for_the_dis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
I was told all AKL CL rooms are Savanah view. No idea about mimosas at other CL. They were not out you had to ask a CM for one. The beer went into the fridge around 1630 but you could ask anytime day or night for wine or beer.
Thanks, I think I just may build up the courage to ask. They might think I am a lush, but who cares, I'll be at Disney!!!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #722
johnsonginad
Mouseketeer

All this talk is really making me want a mimosa!!!! Lol
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #723
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

I just booked my bounce back stay at AKL - CL for August. I can't wait for my first stay at AKL... I hope the next 204 days fly by!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #724
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Just so I don't look like a lush (shhhh don't tell) I kept seeing adults walking around w champagne flutes filled w what I THOUGHT was jungle juice. Until the nice lady behind me said 'I love mimosas' I turned around so fast my head popped off. . Can't wait till oct for our bounce back!!! It will be my dd's 8th bday.

Heather

Old 01-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #725
lsumommaof4
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3
Just so I don't look like a lush (shhhh don't tell) I kept seeing adults walking around w champagne flutes filled w what I THOUGHT was jungle juice. Until the nice lady behind me said 'I love mimosas' I turned around so fast my head popped off. . Can't wait till oct for our bounce back!!! It will be my dd's 8th bday.

Heather
Know what you mean. My "lush" question of the day is can you ask them for wine or beer when they are closed from 7:00-8:00? We are staying CL at WL (this is my first CL experience). I have 5 kids and want to know should I need to buy some wine because I will need a "little" wine after disney with them! Or can I grab a glass while they are closed by asking?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #726
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
What email packet??? Is this just for WL CL? WE are staying Poly CL at the end of Sept. and have not gotten an email for IPO
We got an e-mail from the IPO @ AKL a couple months (2 or 3 maybe?) before our arrival date. Asking about room, arrival time, special celebrations, requests, etc. If you haven't recieved an e-mail give them a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_for_the_dis View Post
Thanks, I think I just may build up the courage to ask. They might think I am a lush, but who cares, I'll be at Disney!!!!!
Who cares, you are on vacation. Have all the mimosas you want (as long as you take the bus & don't drive yourself to the parks )

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4minnies View Post
The only draw back to staying CL and using IPO is you will be very spoiled.

I very much like using IPO and have never been disappointed. I hope this will be your experience too.
Spoiled is having an IPO & TA babysitting your ADRs. I haven't had to do anything for this trip. Now if I could just get them to drive us down there .
Old 01-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #727
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

We are doing a split stay in May and as result will be checking in at the Poly at 7:30 am, is that worth mentioning to the IPO? It would be great to have our room ready but it's definitely not a necessity.

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 01-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #728
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

I did a split stay one year and told the poly and they had our room ready for us. It doesn't hurt to tell them.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #729
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

We are getting to the Poly at about 7:30-8:00 a.m for our stay in September. I was gonna just let them know that too and I hope that maybe we will have a room ready for us!!!

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #730
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
I asked this on the BC/YC thread, but thought I'd ask here too. I have seen several people say that they are greeted when they arrive and brought to the club level to check-in. How do they know you are coming? Or is it
I'm curious about this too. We are doing our first CL stay in March. Our first stay at AKL too - we are pretty excited! :D

In going through the CL thread some post suggest not doing the advance on line check in, so you can have the whole club experience. But if you do not do the advance check in, how do they know when you'll most likely arrive? Or do you simply walk in the lobby and ask for the CL check in?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #731
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
I'm curious about this too. We are doing our first CL stay in March. Our first stay at AKL too - we are pretty excited! :D

In going through the CL thread some post suggest not doing the advance on line check in, so you can have the whole club experience. But if you do not do the advance check in, how do they know when you'll most likely arrive? Or do you simply walk in the lobby and ask for the CL check in?
The WL IPO just sent me an email asking me my arrival info and I have done online check in. They included the latest version of our itinerary too. The email also tells us what to do when we arrive in regards to the resort knowing we are CL guests. I suspect each IPO sends something similar but don't know for sure. It's our first CL stay
Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #732
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
The WL IPO just sent me an email asking me my arrival info and I have done online check in. They included the latest version of our itinerary too. The email also tells us what to do when we arrive in regards to the resort knowing we are CL guests. I suspect each IPO sends something similar but don't know for sure. It's our first CL stay
Thank you.

Do you recall about when you received the email? We are heading there in 37 days.

They had sent me an itinerary back in September - at the 180 mark when our ADRs were made. But since then our party grew from 3 to 7, so I changed all the ADRs myself. I guess I should send them the changes if they are going to print out an itinerary.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #733
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

We simply asked a CM nicely (anytime day or night that they were there) for a glass of wine or beer. Also stuff like sparkling water and gummy bears

As for online checkin---we used it for our recent trip and it worked like a charm. Upon arrival to AKL they asked for photo id, and my Dh said 'checking in' but did not say anything about CL. As we pulled up to valet we were approached and asked 'Shingler safari?' we were taken directly upstairs, all of our KtoK were ready, we were given a drink and a overview of the resort and all/any questions answered. They offered to show us to our room. The whole thing worked beautifully.

Heather

Old 01-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #734
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
Thank you.

Do you recall about when you received the email? We are heading there in 37 days.

They had sent me an itinerary back in September - at the 180 mark when our ADRs were made. But since then our party grew from 3 to 7, so I changed all the ADRs myself. I guess I should send them the changes if they are going to print out an itinerary.
I received it today.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #735
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
We simply asked a CM nicely (anytime day or night that they were there) for a glass of wine or beer. Also stuff like sparkling water and gummy bears

As for online checkin---we used it for our recent trip and it worked like a charm. Upon arrival to AKL they asked for photo id, and my Dh said 'checking in' but did not say anything about CL. As we pulled up to valet we were approached and asked 'Shingler safari?' we were taken directly upstairs, all of our KtoK were ready, we were given a drink and a overview of the resort and all/any questions answered. They offered to show us to our room. The whole thing worked beautifully.

Heather
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
I received it today.
Thank you both for the information!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: