Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #76
StarWarsJez
Mouseketeer

IMO a life ban is a bit harsh too.

Either way I'm sure he'll be able to get back into the park by growing a tache and wearing a hat. He might be in one if the parks right now

I think it'll be a long while before Disney start using facial recognition systems!
StarWarsJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #77
Phdmama06
DIS Veteran

Well. He was trespassing, so Disney is well within their right to evict him from their property (even for life). Perhaps the punishment is a bit harsh and I have no clue if they can practically enforce it. But it's not out of line on their part.
Phdmama06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #78
StarWarsJez
Mouseketeer

Didn't say they weren't within their right, just that IMO it was harsh, though you seem to agree on that.

In reality they'll find it very difficult to enforce but perhaps that wasn't their point. More to send the message out - especially given the furore over 'Escape from Tomorrow' which was filmed right under Mickys nose!
StarWarsJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #79
tzvdmd
Enjoying my trip aboard The Metroliner!

I wish they could get tougher on people who cut lines or change diapers on the restaurant tables. In fact the last one should be included in the banned for life club.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #80
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzvdmd View Post
I wish they could get tougher on people who cut lines or change diapers on the restaurant tables. In fact the last one should be included in the banned for life club.
OMG I have never seen that! That is disgusting.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Anna114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #81
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

he will be back..disney wont be able to keep him out ..maybe post a picture of him around all the parks
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #82
DisneyWorld146
A Walt Disney World Fan

I have watched AdamTheWoo for a while and it sucks that he was banned from Disney. He did some really great videos behind the scenes.
DisneyWorld146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #83
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressMerryweather View Post
While I think a lifetime ban was a bit much, I think the whole thing is silly.
There are a bazillion people at Disney World every day. I'm sure it about impossible to be noticed. I think Disney is just setting a precedent. They want others to know it's a big deal. In a year, no one will remember what he looks like and they most certainly won't be looking for him.
I remember reading he was fingerprinted and with the finger scans at the turnstiles no one probably needs to recognize him, the scanner should read his print and know who he is. No?

ETA: I really think Disney is trying to send a message. Adam the Woo wasn't the only one filming things he wasn't supposed to. I have seen a couple other videos backstage and one where the person hung around somehow at closing and filmed an attraction with the lights on. I think it was getting out of hand and to the point where Disney needed to set an example.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream

Last edited by WaltD4Me; 01-28-2013 at 08:54 PM.
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:36 AM   #84
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzvdmd View Post
OMG! I completely agree!!! I have seen that way too many times.

It is rude to change it in the stroller in the middle of the restraunt too.

Poop belongs in the bathroom.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 AM   #85
Dean1972
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog

OMG! I completely agree!!! I have seen that way too many times.

It is rude to change it in the stroller in the middle of the restraunt too.

Poop belongs in the bathroom.
OMG - that is just totally gross ( & the restaurant allows them too? )
I think if I was a diner - I would say something . Yuk.
Dean1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #86
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
I remember reading he was fingerprinted and with the finger scans at the turnstiles no one probably needs to recognize him, the scanner should read his print and know who he is. No?
The scans aren't fingerprint recognition but take biometric measurements of the finger to verify the same person is using the ticket every entry. The guy will never be able to stay in a Disney property with his family or take a Disney cruise but it would be pretty easy for him to buy a paper ticket in cash or have someone purchase it for him and then use cash only in the parks.

Which brings up with the RFid bands how do they know the correct person entered the park on it?
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #87
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

I foresee plastic surgey and a court date for a name change in his future, lol.

While I agree that what he did was totally wrong (it is akin to going into the back warehouse of a store and videotaping what they have staged for black Friday or something....just not kosher in the business world).

But....if I were him, I'd fight it. He's right that he got no notice to "cease and desist" and his videos appear to have been posted for quite sometime, so it's not like they haven't known for a while. A cease letter would have put him on notice and made Disney's legal standing much stronger.

but....plastic surgey and a name change will probably be cheaper than fighting Disney in court, lol.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #88
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
I foresee plastic surgey and a court date for a name change in his future, lol.

While I agree that what he did was totally wrong (it is akin to going into the back warehouse of a store and videotaping what they have staged for black Friday or something....just not kosher in the business world).

But....if I were him, I'd fight it. He's right that he got no notice to "cease and desist" and his videos appear to have been posted for quite sometime, so it's not like they haven't known for a while. A cease letter would have put him on notice and made Disney's legal standing much stronger.

but....plastic surgey and a name change will probably be cheaper than fighting Disney in court, lol.
Who would you fight it with? Disney court? The guy has no legal standing to fight it. As for Disney's legal standing...It's a private company. They can refuse entry to anyone they want.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #89
ConnieB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
Who would you fight it with? Disney court? The guy has no legal standing to fight it. As for Disney's legal standing...It's a private company. They can refuse entry to anyone they want.
Yeah...except that the law says that you can't ban someone from an establishment that the rest of the world is allowed to go without due cause (meaning notice why they alone are being rejected.....has a lot to do with discrimination laws usually but there is an argument for it in this case). Yes, he did things he wasn't supposed to do, but legally he does have some recourse....they knew he was doing it for quite some time and did nothing....so in essence he could argue that they consented by not telling him he was doing something wrong.

I know....stupid laws, stupid lawyers....but hey, that's what people pay us for.

I doubt he'll bother because it would be a very expensive fight because Disney would have to defend their position vehemently to prevent more idiots...errr...Defendants from going up against them. Plastic surgey and a legal name change would be a better, less expensive option, lol.

And....the PP was right....with all the thousands of people going through the turnstiles everyday, and the CM turnover, the chances are that he can get in without anyone knowing. Now...an AP might be a bit trickier, but this guy already does things illegally so why not have someone else buy it and use it himself....the fingerprint scan is not actually a scan, it's an algorithm that simply takes measurements and keeps track of whether the same finger is used.....you and I could have the same scan code and use each others tickets, but they're banking on the fact that we don't know that and most people will be different so it's not like I can look for someone with my same birthdate and switch tickets....because we don't know our code to compare it to others.

Disney could have also turned this guy over to the local LE but for a first offense he'd get a slap on the wrist and maybe a fine (not that it's the first time he's done it, it's just the first time he's been arrested/caught). But....catch him again in a restricted area....wellllll he'd need a good lawyer to keep the punishment from being a bit more harsh. But...since they didn't involve the police/court, if he can find another way in, and gets caught, it still becomes a first offense as far as the legal system is concerned.

I'll say it again....stupid laws, stupid lawyers. Our legal system has so many loopholes and just plain holes, that the average common-sense type person has a lot of trouble understanding how it works......and in the circle of life, lol....that's why there are lawyers, who made the stupid laws work the way they do, so you have to hire them. And around and around.
ConnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #90
BDL
DIS Veteran

Since he was tresspassing and broadcasting potential trade secrets, Disney can petition the courts for a PNG (persona non grata). Schools, universities and private businesses take these out against people all the time. Especially businesses in the entertainment industry (bars, restaurants, venues, etc...).

Last edited by BDL; 02-05-2013 at 07:43 AM.
BDL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: