Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
glasslipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
For some of us it's not a diet, rather a lifestyle choice. We choose to eat whole foods-fruits, veggies, meats, fish, chicken, we do eat rice and legumes, eggs. We eat limited sweets, and we bake treats at home. This way of life makes us feel great! So when we steer away from clean eating, and eat lots of processed foods, fatty foods, fried or sugary foods, our systems don't do well. We get sick and it's just not worth it. Our family definitely has treats and indulgences at wdw all the time, and even that has repercussions! Meaning we eat breakfast in the room, and perhaps something at the TS lunch upsets my stomach. Granted I do have gut issues, the point is some people can't just lose the diet and eat 3 heavy indulgent meals a day for a week :-)
Boy, I couldn't agree more! We were in WDW for 10 days earlier this month and while I tried to stick to the healthier way I eat at home, for me it was harder than I thought. I eat similarly to what you described, except not a lot of meat, more vegetarian and seafood and fruit. I thought I could eat the "regular" Disney food and snacks and be ok, after all it was only a week & 1/2, but I was miserable after the first few days. My body totally rebelled and I am only now, after being home for 2 weeks, just starting to feel "normal" again.
My biggest mistake was just the dining plan...so much food. I ate way too much partly because i was in this mind-set of not wasting food and getting our money's worth, and apparently I have very little self-control in WDW! It got to the point we had all these extra snack we collected but just couldn't eat because we were too stuffed and felt Not making that mistake again! We are going to WDW in August and there is no way I want to feel the way I did again, especially in that heat! We will probably eat mostly TS and I'll request items to be prepared healthier/simpler at least no sauces or extras. I did eat mostly seafood, chicken and veggies this trip, but way too many desserts!

It isn't always as easy as you may think, I've been eating healthier for 3 years now, lost 75 lbs and generally feel great, but in WDW, I kinda lost perspective.

Good tips here though and I'll be using some for my next trip so hopefully I can be on better behavior I already know I'm not going to any dinner buffets, way too dangerous for me! Good Luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: