Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #2176
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
I know, it's sad! I remember when we got 40% off at Poly. We figured with the amount we've paid to stay there the past 3 yrs, we could have bought a DVC. So, now we're looking at purchasing a DVC since we go every year and prefer staying deluxe, even that is pricey!!

Sent from my Galaxy S II
That's how I justify my end of August CL...no way WDW will ever give close to 50% off
Old 01-28-2013, 12:30 PM   #2177
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I really liked Pop though....how about a mod???
I like the Pop, other than the terrible beds, and claustrophobic bathroom. It'll all depend on the tax return. We'll have to make sure we have at least $1K above the package cost for travel there and back. We'll still be driving.

Quote:
Are they ever REALLY trained...broken in maybe
You're right, broken in seems more correct.

Quote:
Hope midterms go well for DS!!!! Snowing here...it's very pretty
I love it when it snows here!! I hope we get at least one more snow this Winter, but I'm not holding my breath. The highs have been in the 70's and the lowest high we have on the 10 day forecast is a 59.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #2178
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Happy Monday all!

So this weekend, Southwest had a sell that included my city and Orlando. I could get there for about $100 for each of us. But the ticket home was more like $350 I told dh we could just go and stay We could have stayed into the next week but I didn't want to keep the kids out of school after Spring Break. Bummer!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #2179
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I like the Pop, other than the terrible beds, and claustrophobic bathroom. It'll all depend on the tax return. We'll have to make sure we have at least $1K above the package cost for travel there and back. We'll still be driving.

You're right, broken in seems more correct.

I love it when it snows here!! I hope we get at least one more snow this Winter, but I'm not holding my breath. The highs have been in the 70's and the lowest high we have on the 10 day forecast is a 59.
My DH can't wait to move to a warmer climate, he works outside. He'd take summer over winter anyday. Sadly until we hit the lottery or he retires...he will have to wait

Good luck on your taxes...we were hammered this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Happy Monday all!

So this weekend, Southwest had a sell that included my city and Orlando. I could get there for about $100 for each of us. But the ticket home was more like $350 I told dh we could just go and stay We could have stayed into the next week but I didn't want to keep the kids out of school after Spring Break. Bummer!
That IS a bummer
Old 01-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #2180
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Jeanette: I've been RC-MIA and now I spy a YC ticker. Does this mean I need to get my Lodger's Log eraser out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
RCERS: I wanted to stop by and tell you all what a nice time I had two weeks ago at WDW. I had a lovely time, the weather was great, food was great and especially great was the company of Janet & Linda & Deena!

Thanks KOOK, I appreciated your extraordinary hosting efforts. And so timely the new site is up... I will be at CR Deluxe next month, 2/28 – 3/4 for our Anniversary Weekend.
Is there a group photo somewhere? What a great bunch of ladies!

I'm excited for your CR Deluxe room stay - they are so roomy! And, don't worry about being upgraded. You booked an elusive Deluxe room so they wouldn't move you as that would be a downgrade, unless it were to a suite, which I think will be closed while you're there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Thanks!! We're almost settled!! I'm taking 10 days off in February to tie up all loose ends (and unpack those last boxes). Oh the cabins--too close to critters--makes my anxiety spike just thinking about it I'm still totally undecided!!
Too close to critters??? But are these rodents OK?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #2181
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Jeanette: I've been RC-MIA and now I spy a YC ticker. Does this mean I need to get my Lodger's Log eraser out?

Candace and I are investing in a new eraser for you..
Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #2182
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Candace and I are investing in a new eraser for you..

It seems you and Candace's Bay Lake ships have sailed right over to Crescent Lake. Is this for sure? I know Candace wants Poly and what are you holding out for?
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #2183
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
My DH can't wait to move to a warmer climate, he works outside. He'd take summer over winter anyday. Sadly until we hit the lottery or he retires...he will have to wait
My DH doesn't technically work outside, but he works in a lot of garages without central air and heat. He would much rather have winter than summer. Then again, we don't get feet of snow.

Quote:
Good luck on your taxes...we were hammered this year

That IS a bummer

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #2184
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

It seems you and Candace's Bay Lake ships have sailed right over to Crescent Lake. Is this for sure? I know Candace wants Poly and what are you holding out for?
Ah...my dear, you know me too well I'd love to stay on Bay Lake...with the right price tag of course....Seven Seas Lagoon always calls...however....DH said no GF and the Poly refurb

At least I'll have my snack room
Old 01-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #2185
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
My DH doesn't technically work outside, but he works in a lot of garages without central air and heat. He would much rather have winter than summer. Then again, we don't get feet of snow.
He hates to shovel...poor guy
Old 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #2186
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Happy Monday Ladies

Let me try to catch up here....

pas - That labor day deal is a steal. I think you should hold on to it tightly! I wanted so badly to take advantage of it, but the kiddos start back to school right before then and I don't like them missing that early in the year. No castle, but SAB is so amazing!

Magic - How fun that you got to meet so many RCers. Sounds like you had a great trip!

Luvluvluv - 2 upcoming trips! That is awesome. I hope you are adjusting well to living in Florida. I'm jealous!

Dani - The bra comment had me laughing my butt off. So glad you and all the other ladies made it out of those relationships safely.

jenny - How's the hubs? I agree that sick men are the WORST.

Funny story. When I went into labor with ds6, DH was down in Texas on business. He hurried up, jumped on a plane and made it back JUST in time. When he walked in the room I had the nurse literally holding my legs shut to try to wait till DH got there. He looks at us and says, "Oh good I made it. I ran so fast through the airports that my feet are in the worst pain, you wouldn't believe it" Apparently he was wearing his steel toes shoes since he'd been on a site visit.

OMG. I thought the nurse and I were going to kill him with our glares. Men are such babies sometimes. Oh well. We love 'em anyway.

Minnie&nana - The cruise sounds wonderful! How nice that Sophia will be in the World this week. I bet she will have a blast!

wookie - Sorry DH and the ILs are putting you through the wringer. I hope that you can get a trip together. You really sound like you could use it.

sjs314 - Yay for the Poly! I think you may be right about the discounts there shriveling up. I may have to call and check if it's available at the BB rate. Now I'm feeling Poly-ish myself.

mom2munchkins - Sorry your trip is canceled. That only means one thing. More planning!!!

chimo2u - Love your DL plans. I can't wait to read more as you finalize your plans!

Alicein- I don't know if I be so concerned about BC over labor day. I was at YC last June when it was sold out and had no problems whatsoever with crowding at SAB or anything.

geishagirl - CSR looks amazing. I think it's first on my list to try next year when I have to start booking 2 rooms. I just wish it had a zero entry pool. I love being able to keep my toddler in the same general area as my boys.

padawans - So Universal is back in. Cool! If you can't play with your WDW ressies at least you play there.

Mousemommy - I think it's a sign that Poly GVCL isn't coming up. YC CL is so amazing! But then, when I'm trying to switch and can't due to availability it makes me want the switch 10 times more. Then, if it pops up, it's like hitting the lotto!

Dznycrzy - DVC would be awesome. I wish I could afford it!

basketlacey - I think you really should just plan to go to WDW and not come back. What's so wrong with that plan???

Waving hi to Kook, Janet, DetTigsGal, Miss, and everybody else I missed!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #2187
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Okay time to play catch up again I'm feeling like I got so much accomplished the past few days, garage door and downstairs toilet are fixed (no I didn't do it, but finally called repair men), bills are paid and I even got all our quarterly business employment tax stuff done and paid! Now I can focus on Disney, which is NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Dani - did you make it to Nordstrom? I never have luck in department stores, I always end up back at Victoria's Secret, and I have the same well endowed problem. I had a little old lady fit me on Friday and shelled out $100 for two bras, OUCH! Oh and we LOVED Oasis and Allure, they are such awesome ships with soooo much for the kids to do!

Lacey - yeah we haven't had a bedspread the past three times we have been at WDW. I like the new sheet duvet system too. I like the idea of flying in and just staying I hope you can get the airfare to work for you.

Wookie - hope you got all your school work turned in on time. Sounds like DH is on your side with the trip, I really hope you get a nice chunk back from the IRS!

MAGIC - I am jealous of your deluxe room at CR!!!!!

Jen - oh I love helping people plan their trips, yay for helping DH's aunt! I haven't been over to the BC/YC thread in a while, maybe I'll have to take a look at what is going on over there.

Mom2munchkins - bummer on postponing the trip. We LOVE October, the humidity is usually finally lower and the weather is so comfortable.

Candace - we are definitely a unique brand here and YES LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE!!!!! Don't make DH forbid you from calling WDW at all!!!! LOL!

Marie - sounds like you are getting DL nailed down! YAY!!!

AliceIn - we have stayed at YC and CR while they were at capacity and we honestly didn't feel it. I can't comment on Poly as we haven't stayed there.

Geishagirl81 - sounds like you fit in perfectly here. I know a lot of people love CSR. We had a bad experience there, but I honestly think it was a fluke and it was just a lot of minor issues.

Padawans - sounds like DL is the better vacation for you in Sept! It is a bummer you can't refit the BB

Deena - ill be there Feb 6-10, hopefully we can find a time to meet! Have a great mini stay at BCV!!!!

DetTigsGal - hope the freezing rain isn't too bad and everyone made it home safe and sound.

Padawans - sorry I'm no help with Universal, we have on,y stayed at Portifino Bay....and loved it did you get brave and call CRO yet?

Hi Shelia, KOOK, dznyCrzy and anyone else I missed!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #2188
babyberger
DIS Veteran

i_heart - we must have been posting at the same time. I would have told DH to get out of the delivery room if he was complaining about his feet, LOL!!! I swear they just don't get it

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #2189
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
i_heart - we must have been posting at the same time. I would have told DH to get out of the delivery room if he was complaining about his feet, LOL!!! I swear they just don't get it

I almost did! I'm glad I didn't cause now it's one of those stories I love to tell in front of him. Turns him a nice shade of red.

Is your trip this coming weekend?
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #2190
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Happy Monday Peeps!! (do those words go together?? )

Actually we just got back early this AM, after a quick long weekend away... definitely in a warmer climate... and guess who I ran into at the mall??

Melissa!!

It was awesome to meet up with her!! We decided to tag along with DH who was attending a seminar in Florida, soooo I got to thinking about Melissa and wondered if she and I would be anywhere close for a DIS meet and it worked out! (Magic and Deena, already knew you were too far away or I'd be texting you too!)

Here we are! Melissa is warm and friendly and beautiful (you can see that!) and like to gab, like someone I know ...

Thank you Melissa for meeting up with Sam and I. I have so much fun, the time flew by! It was nice to sit and talk about the kids so now I feel like I know you and your family better. AND RCers... believe it or not, we did not talk about Disney that much! Amazing I know! And we did NOT step foot into the Disney store (whatever was wrong with us Melissa?? )

Well I guess we just had too good of a time gabbing and eating. Have a great trip this week!

Hi to all my other Peeps! Will try and catch up soon

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!

Last edited by Janet B; 01-28-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: