DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #31
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Many people pay that price because they look at WDW as a once in a lifetime vacation. Disney may not get that money from us DVCers on the rooms, but I'm sure we make up for it in all the tickets, merchandise, and food we buy over the multiple trips.

Still wish I found DVC sooner.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #32
Garthilk
Mouseketeer

/DVC Member "Wow look at the price of the room if we paid cash, sure am glad I bought in, 3,500 for a 5 day stay in a two bedroom. That's crazy."

/Cash Customer "Wow, look at this room Disney upgraded us too, I just checked it online it goes for like 3,500 for our 5 day stay, that's awesome consideringwe just paid like 2,000".

So anyone care to show me the breakdown on revenue generated from cash pay customers and how those Disney held points are actually generating revenue?
Garthilk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 02:22 AM   #33
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
You want more giggles, take a peak at the rates for a GV!

We've hosted 3 fabulous, 5 - 6 days family reunions at various OKW GV's and let me tell you, were I not sold on DVC when I bought (truly not the case), the 1st GV stay sealed the deal for me! One of the best decisions I made for our family and friends!

DITTO to this!!! We've hosted 3 years in a row (3 - 4 days ) @ VGC & LOVED every MINUTE!! Our last stay in the Grand Villa we finally got the Park View and saw the WOC 6 times (IMO the best view of the show from the rooms) !! My cousin was SO impressed she had to call her boyfriend ASAP to tell him about it & asked me if she could rent it! They are used to staying at places where she can get the best upgrades like @ the Palazzo in Vegas. I said I guess you could but it would cost you WAY MORE for just 1 night than your usual stay in Vegas!! She's not the biggest Disney fan but THIS condo timeshare that WE are allowed to stay in WAS the only Disney related thing she was EVER interested in!! Whenever we would talk about my family vacations she ]would respond "Oh that Disney thing AGAIN?! Aren't you guys tired of staying there?" ...... & NOW she KNOWS why we STAY there!! LOVE OUR DVC!!!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #34
Hollymom1229
Art's Girl
I ran, I hid, I laid low, and yet somehow they found me
YEAH TERPS!!!

For our 10th anniversary we are staying 8 nights in a AKV-Club Level studio. I we had paid rack rate for it, it would have cost $4015 for just the room. I am so happy that we have DVC as we could not probably afford this room this year without it. That rack rate alone is almost half the cost of our AKV contract.

We are also having my sister and niece stay in a Savannah View studio, which at rack rate for just the regular hotel room is a little over $2,000.

Hollymom1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #35
Maddysdaddy
DIS Veteran

Just piping in, in support of this thread.

I've priced out our spring break trip to WDW - 16 nts. (7 AKV sav view studio and 9 SSR studio) and it would have cost just under $9,200. Using about a year and a half worth of points/annual dues, the cost to us is about $1,700, so ultimately we're about $7,500 ahead of where we would have been if we booked the same trip otherwise.

The corrollary to this is that we never would have booked this trip if we didn't have DVC points to cover the cost of lodging for us, so it's not like we are 'actually' $7,500 ahead (but then again, I do get another vacation with my family, which is priceless, so........).
Maddysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: