Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresmom View Post
On a bus to Epcot I overheard a middle aged couple discussing the details of the attractions they wanted to hit first. He seemed really confused until it dawned on the wife that he thought ALL the attractions were inside the Epcot ball.
I used to think that WHEN I WAS A SMALL CHILD I had seen the Epcot ball being built on my first trip, and for a long time thought that was all there was there. I imagined all of the countries and restaurants inside that giant ball. Not until that glorious invention called the internet did I realize I was quite mistaken...Amazing what a little research can do for ignorance... :
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
k5thbeatle
DIS Veteran

You're saying It's a Small World doesn't go upside down? I could've swore it did last time we were on it!

k5thbeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #18
mommypenguin29
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the laughs!
mommypenguin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #19
DisneyDude71
Mouseketeer

1500 hours
DisneyDude71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #20
oasispaul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxie52 View Post
Ooooh, I love this!

I actually kept a list of "dumb guest questions" from my CM days. Some of them really taxed my skills because I couldn't say the things I wanted to.

"Are The Beatles Disney characters?"

We always used to say people check their brains at the gate. My Norweigan friend got asked if he was scared of trolls back home. My Japanese roommate got asked if she found it weird wearing shoes! It was never spiteful but I did used to worry about some people's ignorance!

Uh-oh. Confession time: Every year a few friends and I meet up in Orlando for a weekend that includes "Beers Around the World" at Epcot. We love chatting with the CM's in the World Showcase pavilions and talking to them about their home countries - a lot of interesting stories. But we also love messing with them and playing up the "ignorant American" routine. We ask some ridiculously stupid questions to give the CM's something to laugh about with their friends/co-workers. And before you say anything, yes, I realize we should probably seek mental help.
APR 2009: Contemporary
FEB 2004: Villas at Wilderness Lodge
APR 1990: Polynesian

2001-2013: Epcot Beers Around the World (13 years and counting!)
oasispaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #21
MINILvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5thbeatle View Post
You're saying It's a Small World doesn't go upside down? I could've swore it did last time we were on it!
I think that is the DL version.
Early/Mid 70's-offsite, 1984-offsite-1 day to see EPCOT, 1988-Ft. Wildnerness Campground, 1989 (?)-offsite-1 day to see the Studios, 1991-Ft. Wilderness Campground, 1996-WDW Swan, 1999-Disney Wonder, around 2000-2002-All Star Sports, 2001-Disney Wonder, 2002-Offsite, 2003-DisneyLand Hotel, 2004-POR, 2011-POP, 2012-POP/Offsite, 2013-POP
MINILvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #22
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

I overheard this conversation at MK one day.....
Dad..... "Here we are.... Disney World!"
son..... "Where's that big golf ball?"
Dad.... "Well it used to be right over there" (pointing to Tomorrowland).
As they looked that way.....
Dad.... "They must have moved it, because it was right there last time!"
Dad.... "We can take a bus over to Universal later, maybe they moved it there."

(must be getting Future World and Tomorrowland mixed up!!!) LOL
Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #23
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaughlinS View Post
I have been planning a first trip to Disney World for my 2 DDs (4 and 6) as well as 9 other friends and family . I was "elected" to be in charge I guess because 8 of the other 9 are sort of tagging along or piggybacking off of my trip. Let me tell you, these people have asked me some hard questions . I've come here to find many of the answers.

They also have asked some of the most newbie questions possible. I'm not hating, but some of them really made me and . These questions would be easily answered if they put any effort into researching their trip.

A couple examples:
1. My uncle asked me if the Tree of Life was a live tree.
2. He also insisted he got the best deal in the world at UC because the tickets he bought came with FREEEEEE Fast Passes.
3. He also has been looking at ways to save money and was very excited to learn that everywhere he goes he can get FREEEEEEE Valet Parking because of his handicapped grandson.
4. He also decided to go to Branson and buy a timeshare last spring so that they could trade it out to stay on Disney property for FREEEEEEEEE.
5. Someone asked if Small World goes upside down.
6. Another was really blown away and upset that we are not going to Universal and Sea World when she is really quite certain that she and her husband bought Park Hoppers.
7. Uncle wanted to know if we made a meal reservation for 12 to have breakfast with the princesses, would they know to seat us at a table with enough room for the princesses also. He doesn't want to have to ask for more chairs.

Okay, maybe it's just my uncle for the most part. But, what are some of the oddest questions you've encountered when going to or being at Disney?
These are very funny

You can trade Timeshare point to stay at DVC resorts. They are actually shown in the timeshare books.

I have gotten the question "What do you do at Disney World for 8 days... aren't there only 4 parks?"
Old 01-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #24
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarie99 View Post

You can trade Timeshare point to stay at DVC resorts. They are actually shown in the timeshare books.
I think the point was, if he went to Branson and bought a timeshare just so he could trade it to stay at WDW, it wasn't "FREEEEEEEEEE". I think a timeshare would be a lot more expensive than just paying for the resort, even at Disney prices.

That's how I took it anyway

Coming up next: WB Panama Canal Cruise May 2014
DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #25
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImDMous View Post
I think the point was, if he went to Branson and bought a timeshare just so he could trade it to stay at WDW, it wasn't "FREEEEEEEEEE". I think a timeshare would be a lot more expensive than just paying for the resort, even at Disney prices.

That's how I took it anyway
I actaully thought of that too after posting it is amazing what people think is FREE when they have really paid for it.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #26
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Oh my stars, this thread is making me laugh way too hard in the library! Keep 'em coming!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #27
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

You can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaughlinS View Post

6. Another was really blown away and upset that we are not going to Universal and Sea World when she is really quite certain that she and her husband bought Park Hoppers.

7. Uncle wanted to know if we made a meal reservation for 12 to have breakfast with the princesses, would they know to seat us at a table with enough room for the princesses also. He doesn't want to have to ask for more chairs.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #28
nursekimmy
Earning My Ears

May 2012 Pop Century (Hoping for a PIN)
May 2010 Pop Century
May 2009 Animal Kingdom
Apr 2007 Port Orleans-Riverside
Apr 2006 Caribbean Beach
May 1990 Grad Nite
Previous years Off Site
nursekimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #29
McLaughlinS
Earning My Ears

Lest anyone get the idea that I'm Grumpy...I love everyone who is going with us. I even let them (well, not my uncle) read this post and the replies. They laughed at you all and themselves.

And, really, he bought a 7000 point every other year time share with Blue Green. He's never had a timeshare . Listening to him call and talk and call and talk and call and yell and call and get hung up on and call and yell because his company was telling him that he could trade into Disney no problem and the RCI (or II, not sure) is telling him he's got enough points to use the bathroom at a DVC maybe once and forget about a week long stay was the highlight of my cousin's year .

He also called Southwest 6 times in 1 afternoon, got hung up on by the resort he's staying at because he was irate over their rate to drive him to the parks, got hung up on by the taxi/shuttle service the resort eventually transfered him to, and he spent 2 hours arguing about the truck he's decided to rent and demanding that it had to be a CHEVY and if it wasn't a CHEVY he would be letting someone know about their poor customer service.

Oh boy, I cannot wait until I'm old so rules of common decency stop applying to me!
McLaughlinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #30
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaughlinS
Lest anyone get the idea that I'm Grumpy...I love everyone who is going with us. I even let them (well, not my uncle) read this post and the replies. They laughed at you all and themselves.

And, really, he bought a 7000 point every other year time share with Blue Green. He's never had a timeshare . Listening to him call and talk and call and talk and call and yell and call and get hung up on and call and yell because his company was telling him that he could trade into Disney no problem and the RCI (or II, not sure) is telling him he's got enough points to use the bathroom at a DVC maybe once and forget about a week long stay was the highlight of my cousin's year .

He also called Southwest 6 times in 1 afternoon, got hung up on by the resort he's staying at because he was irate over their rate to drive him to the parks, got hung up on by the taxi/shuttle service the resort eventually transfered him to, and he spent 2 hours arguing about the truck he's decided to rent and demanding that it had to be a CHEVY and if it wasn't a CHEVY he would be letting someone know about their poor customer service.

Oh boy, I cannot wait until I'm old so rules of common decency stop applying to me!
Lol, Ford vs Chevy can certainly be a deal breaker in some circles! I used the sit next to a Chevy man in HS home room. A 4 year long non-stop Chevy commercial!

Funny misconceptions but I love how your fsmily has a sense of humor about themselves! My favorite is your uncle being concerned about enough chairs for the princesses... What a gentleman!
(For the price of some meals it seems like the princess should be dining with us!)
Which brings me to my own question. I've been wondering about this a long time... If there are princess meals available at 8:30, 10:15, 12:30, and 2:45... How do they manage to stay hungry enough to eat with all those guests?! How do they stay so slim?!

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: