Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #91
Wshop
Mouseketeer

I don't go on the cruise for the food. I am lucky to experience some of the best dining in the world and eat out often. On DCL, I find the appetizers better than the main courses and order 2 of them instead of a main dish. The service on DCL, however, has been fabulous, and I am thankful for it. I agree with the others, however, if you don't see something that you'd like, speak up...they do their best to accommodate you.
Wshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #92
itsmeamanda
Mouseketeer

I didn't care for it. We sailed on the Dream in October 2011 (first cruise on any cruiseline), and when we got off and drove home, we stopped at a pizza place and I ate a whole pizza myself because I was so hungry.
itsmeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #93
2Princess&aPrince
no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing...the dreams that you wish will come true!

The food is absolutely delicious!! So much variety too. Any food that I don't have to make and clean up after is a great taste!!!! :D. Just lucky to be able to do the cruise at all...don't want to waste time complaining about any of it!!! Delish!!! IMHO anyways

Disney Magic - November 15-22, 2008
Disney Magic - October 30-Nov. 6, 2010
Disney Fantasy - February 9-16, 2013
Disney Wonder - February 2-7, 2014
2Princess&aPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #94
Bunless
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshop View Post
On DCL, I find the appetizers better than the main courses and order 2 of them instead of a main dish.
I agree with this. Also, they do a great jobs with soups and salads. Much better than the main courses. The 1st and 2nd course is often very creative, which I value when eating out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiebr80 View Post
I did miss ethnic food,
YES!!! I agree. On our last time on the Magic, our waiter told us that the Pirate menu was "the menu of doom" and offered a Masala dish that the chefs cooked a lot. It was GOOD.

December '06 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
Fall '07 Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1617056
February '08 Wilderness Lodge http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=93883
January '09 Disneyland http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2075224
February/March '09 Grand Californian http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2134228
October 2009 Grand Californian, January 2010 Eastern Caribbean/Vero Beach, February 2011 Old Key West, October 2011 Food and Wine/Old Key West, February 2012 Aulani, July 2012 Alaska Cruise,
December 2012 Saratoga Springs, February 2013, Saratoga Springs, July 2013 Mediterranean Cruise
Bunless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #95
CrusingFamily4
Mouseketeer

We loved the food on the fantasy compared to the wonder. Their were a few hiccups, but seriously way better than the wonder. I had warned my parents, avid cruisers, that the food was not great, but had to literally eat my words.
CrusingFamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #96
FlyingBelle
Official Tag Fairy Underwear Designer
"MacGyver's" her bras with duct tape and toilet paper
Frutty Pebbles doesn't taste the same with ranch dressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBelle View Post
We leave next week
I just love DCL - but on our last cruise it seemed multiple dishes on the menu each night had mushrooms - and DH and I can't stand mushrooms! I tried one night ordering the pork with out the mushroom sauce, and it was so terribly bland.

I had a DD3 with us at the time who was high maintenance at meal time, so I didn't take the time to talk with the waiter much - it was a "quick, find something, eat - while attending to DD, and then get her out of the dining room so the rest of our family could eat in peace".

Do you know if the waiters will work with me on this cruise? We're leaving the kiddos at home - just me and DH!
FYI - an update to my earlier post...

We didn't have a stellar experience on this trip. The first evening I asked our server if he could replace the vegetable from the dish I wanted with a vegetable from another dish on the menu. It didn't seem like he understood, but he said "sure, no problem". Well... the dish came out exactly like on the menu, not with the replacement veggie. Turns out it was not a big deal because it wasn't what I thought it would be and was actually pretty good. I didn't say anything, I probably should have I guess.

The rest of the meals I didn't ask for anything different - except the last night at Animator's - both DH & I couldn't find one appetizer, soup or salad that looked remotely interesting - so we both ordered a basic salad with ranch - which was fine.

I know the other two couples at our table had similar experiences. Nothing major, but not the type of service where I've seen so many other rave about on disboards. Really felt pressured to give an "excellent" rating on the last two nights also - he kept saying it over and over again (interesting since that was one of the questions on the survey - did you feel pressured to give an excellent rating)
Many times as a child | Fort Wilderness Campground 1996 | Off-Property Mar 1999 | CS May 1999 | ASSp Aug 1999 | Dixie Landings Jan 2000 | Dixie Landings Feb 2001| WL Feb 2002 | Disney Wonder Cruise Jan 2003 | WL Sep 2004 | Swan Feb 2005 |WL Oct 2005 | POR - Aug 2006 | WLV - Jan/Feb 2007 | WL Family Trip - Sep 2008! Bella's first trip to Disney! | Buena Vista Suites - Dec 08 | Disneyland - Nov 2009 | Disneyland - June 2010 | POP - July 2010 Disneyland - October 2010 | ASMu & Disney Wonder December 2010 | ASMu Jan 2011| Disneyland Sept 2011 | ASMu Jan 2012 | No Kids Trip! Pirate room at CB - Mar 2012| Disneyland - April 2012| Disneyland - July 2012| Disneyland - August 2012 | ASSp - September 2012| Disney Dream 3 night cruise - Nov 2012 | Split-Stay: AKL - Feb 2014/ASMo - March 2014
FlyingBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: