Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
javaj
DIS Veteran

Nursery Questions - Spa/Palo reservations, dinner timing

We'll be sailing on the Magic in April, haven't cruised DCL in 4 years. I thought I remembered that the nursery allowed us to drop off in quarter hour increments, but maybe we just dropped off late or early.

Since Flounders and Spa/Palo reservations start at the hour or the half hour, I'm trying to decide whether we need to make the nursery reservations a half hour earlier or not. For instance, if Palo is at 1230 pm, I can either reserve the nursery starting at 12 or 1230. If I make the nursery reservation for 1230, can we drop off 5 minutes early or arrive at Palo a few minutes late?

Can you share your experiences with making nursery reservations at exactly the same time as the spa/Palo reservations?

Also, we've opted for late dining (our toddler has a later bedtime and wakes later in the morning). Older kids will likely only stay for the early part of dining (will probably do play and dine). I've made nursery reservations starting at 9 pm so 1 of us can run him up to the nursery and then we can finish dinner. Again, that quarter hour increment would've been nice - if dinner starts at 815, our toddler will probably ready to go play by 845. But 830 doesn't give us enough time since we would like to have some semblance of family dinner at the MDR. Does 9 pm sound like a reasonable time for nursery reservations, is that what time kids get picked up for play and dine anyway?

Thanks!
javaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Four Bears
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, nursery reservations are on the hour or half hour and they are half hour blocks with one hour minimum charged (you have to reserve at least 1 hour per drop off).

I always book the nursery from 1/2 hour before to 1/2 hour after I know I will need it. Sometimes it take several minutes to do a drop off since they can only take care of one family at a time, and you may have to wait while families in front of you drop off/pick up. Also, you may want the extra time to freshen up after you drop of your kids and to get to where ever you are going! You may even have time to look at your shutters photos, get a drink at a bar, etc!

I wouldn't plan on arriving at the adult dining late, but I am sure it happens.

As for late night, we always do the early dining, so perhaps another family can chime in.

Disney Magic 2010 Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic 2012 Western Caribbean
Disney Fantasy 2013 Western Caribbean
Counting down to Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

Four Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
javaj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Bears View Post
Sometimes it take several minutes to do a drop off since they can only take care of one family at a time, and you may have to wait while families in front of you drop off/pick up.
Thanks, that makes sense. I was trying to maximize our 18 hours so we could get nursery time during most dinners and some shows too. Maybe we can get an extra hour or 2 when we get on the ship.
javaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: