Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #1441
busymomof4kids
Earning My Ears

Congratulations to all the winners so far. So exciting!!!
busymomof4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #1442
DisneyArmyFam
Earning My Ears

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who got that FedEx prank. Geeze! I was so excited, I was at the post office this morning only for them to look at me like I was crazy.lol. I was trying to explain to them I might have won a disney vacation and they needed to look again. OOPPS!
Days are numbered keeping my fingers and toes and everything else crossed now!Good Luck
DisneyArmyFam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #1443
aiminator
Mouseketeer

I wonder the process of selecting winners - is it automated? I like to think there is a method to the madness and was wondering if all the names go into one pool or if the package selection has any influence on being chosen on any given day. I have been changing up the package selection I enter with (and different times of day) thinking that will increase my odds but I know it won't ha ha.

Good luck everyone
aiminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #1444
hibricc
Mouseketeer

Had my own 212 fake-out last week... Sitting at my son's Grade 5 concert, listening to the orchestra, when my cell vibrates. It's my work phone, so who would be calling me in the evening? Let's see - 212... 212?!?

Ahh, but it's 212-000-3459, not the Ventura exchange. Googled the number, and discovered it's a reported phone scammer, not a friendly Ventura rep delivering the Best News Ever(TM).

Oh well, maybe today...
hibricc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #1445
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyx5
Ok so here is what happened! I have been entering myself and my husband every day starting on the first. On the 8th I sat up in bed in the am and said "crap I forgot to enter yesterday. So I was bummed but headed out to start my day. I went to the grocery store and while unloading kiddos my phone rang. It was a 212 area code and I didnt recognize the number so I just ignored it! Ok here is the kicker in my head I thought "how awesome would it be if we won the diney trip hahahaha". So I went inside the store and when I got to Starbucks and ordered my coffee my phone beeped that I had a message. It was Ventura looking for my husband. SO in the middle of the grocery store I am shaking and call her back! She then sent an email with all the info and a fedex label to ship it back. We had to fill it out and it had to be notorized. We wonly have 5 days to do this or else we forfitted the trip. We sent it back the same day lol. We then recieved a call where she said all of our paperwork checked out and we did win! We then had to pick which park and the prize package. We picked WDW and the Big thrills outside of the park. They did not ask which hotel or dates yet! We got a email congrats letter today saying a disney trip coordinator would contact us in Feb! Hope that answered all of your questions!
So fun! Have a ball! Can't beat that for a first trip
meajuly5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #1446
ohainat
Earning My Ears

Cool

Hi guys!
I've been lurking the boards during this sweepstakes and finally decided to come out of the closet Just wondering, does Disney do anymore annual drawings/sweepstakes type things at any other time during the year to keep a look out for?
I understand this sweepstakes is something they've done in past January's. I just wonder if they do other Disney trip giveaways throughout the year

We went for the first time to WDW last March. We drove from Iowa! We took a detour to Panama City and camped at St. Andrews on our way there, and then camped at Fort Wilderness. It was such a wonderful, wonderful time. Can't wait to go back!
ohainat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #1447
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiminator View Post
I wonder the process of selecting winners - is it automated? I like to think there is a method to the madness and was wondering if all the names go into one pool or if the package selection has any influence on being chosen on any given day. I have been changing up the package selection I enter with (and different times of day) thinking that will increase my odds but I know it won't ha ha.

Good luck everyone
I have been wondering this same thing - how exactly are the winners picked (completely random, geographic, package chosen)? And, like you, I've been alternating the times I enter hoping that will give me a better chance, lol. Can't blame us for trying, right!?
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs

Tarheel Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #1448
audrey2580
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post
I have been wondering this same thing - how exactly are the winners picked (completely random, geographic, package chosen)? And, like you, I've been alternating the times I enter hoping that will give me a better chance, lol. Can't blame us for trying, right!?
Well I don't know about this contest, but in previous ones I have won or have read about it works like this, again YMMV.

Each entry is given a number in the order they enter. Then a number is randomly chosen (computer generated) and that is the winner.
audrey2580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #1449
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by audrey2580 View Post
Well I don't know about this contest, but in previous ones I have won or have read about it works like this, again YMMV.

Each entry is given a number in the order they enter. Then a number is randomly chosen (computer generated) and that is the winner.
That's kind of how I was thinking.

Anybody have any idea of how many people are entering each day? I can imagine it's a lot. Seems like the past few days I've run into more error messages regarding the site being busy than earlier in the contest.
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs

Tarheel Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #1450
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

I just got an invite to enter a local contest to go to wow to see Kelly rippa entered that too

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
mieshie75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #1451
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohainat View Post
Hi guys!
I've been lurking the boards during this sweepstakes and finally decided to come out of the closet Just wondering, does Disney do anymore annual drawings/sweepstakes type things at any other time during the year to keep a look out for?
I understand this sweepstakes is something they've done in past January's. I just wonder if they do other Disney trip giveaways throughout the year

We went for the first time to WDW last March. We drove from Iowa! We took a detour to Panama City and camped at St. Andrews on our way there, and then camped at Fort Wilderness. It was such a wonderful, wonderful time. Can't wait to go back!
Mary from mousesavers.com post sweepstakes that pertain to Disney. You can join her newsletter and she is usually the first to know anything plus she post on the DIS. I saw her answering a bunch of questions this past weekend. She has a website too and that is where I find a lot of Sweepstakes.
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #1452
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I thought for sure someone would have already posted this today, but since it is not here, I'm giving you the info.

Wheel of Fortune is giving away two Disney trips a day this week, one DL and one WDW. That's ten trips folks! You have to watch the show this week, get the phrase from the bonus round, then enter at the Wheel of Fortune website.

Winners won't be notified until mid February or later (rules say they are allowing two weeks to get hold of a potential winner before they move on to the next person).

Sweeps Advantage has a Disney category on their home page, btw.

ETA -- After a very bad experience with the people that run the Sweeps Advantage website, I can no longer recommend them. Please be very careful if you decide to use that website.

Last edited by pwdebbie; 02-24-2013 at 09:49 PM.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #1453
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I thought for sure someone would have already posted this today, but since it is not here, I'm giving you the info.

Wheel of Fortune is giving away two Disney trips a day this week, one DL and one WDW. That's ten trips folks! You have to watch the show this week, get the phrase from the bonus round, then enter at the Wheel of Fortune website.

Winners won't be notified until mid February or later (rules say they are allowing two weeks to get hold of a potential winner before they move on to the next person).

Yep. I've already got my DVR setup to record them each evening in case I'm not home. Oh, and my understanding is that it's not 1 WDW and 1 DL. The winners get to choose....

from the rules
Quote:
Ten (10) Daily Sweepstakes Prizes (two (2) prizes per Daily Sweepstakes) and one (1) Overall Sweepstakes Prize will be awarded as fully described below. Each Daily Sweepstakes prize consists of a trip for prize winner and up to three (3) guests ("Guest(s)") to one (1) of the below destinations (each winner will be able to select option a) or option b) as described below:
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #1454
sirabe76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Mary from mousesavers.com post sweepstakes that pertain to Disney. You can join her newsletter and she is usually the first to know anything plus she post on the DIS. I saw her answering a bunch of questions this past weekend. She has a website too and that is where I find a lot of Sweepstakes.
What is the link for Mary's page and her sweepstakes updates? How to I sign up for her newsletters?

myfitnesspal: sirabe
(note leave message if friending)
runkeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/Sirabe
sirabe76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #1455
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie

Okay. Went to wheels web site- what is a bonus puzzle solution? ( thx for posting this
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: