Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #1891
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Gantu:

Congrats!!! I wondered if anyone of the Dis members were goign to win one of those.

You will love planning a trip to BC/YC, except that the trip always ends up with ".......when can we start planning our next trip to BC/YC"

Have fun
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 AM   #1892
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
Can anyone tell me what kind of coffee maker they have in the standard rooms at YC?

Do you have a trip booked or are you still in the planning stages??

Yes, I can answer your question (which was, in fact, MY very first question here on this forum)

The answer is Cuisinart Pod Machine

From the Other Useful Information Section on Page 1:

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

I think this applies to both BC and YC- again, let me know if I am wrong!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #1893
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Do you have a trip booked or are you still in the planning stages??

Yes, I can answer your question (which was, in fact, MY very first question here on this forum)

The answer is Cuisinart Pod Machine

From the Other Useful Information Section on Page 1:

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

I think this applies to both BC and YC- again, let me know if I am wrong!

Thanks. Yes, we're booked for August.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #1894
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Question: If the BC/YC is completely booked up, how busy is it at the resort? In the concierge lounge? I'm assuming that Disney amps up their service to make sure guests are taken care of.

I'm booked 8/31 through 9/7. I believe the resort is fully booked the Labor Day weekend only. Will it be ok?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #1895
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu
Hi all, I just wanted to stop in and thank all the posters on this thread. I've read the entire thread at least 4 times.

Its a great read when the blues set in. Everyone seems so kind and funny and just really helpful. Thank you truly!

The Beach Club is my dream resort! A few years back we downscaled our lives so the Beach Club has not been in reach, that's okay! I've stopped by every time we've been at Disney.

Sometimes just to walk around and just take it all in.

Earlier this month I found out I won one of the Disney Time sweepstakes... I swear the first words out of my mouth were "Can we stay at the Beach Club?" LOL!

I'll have to wait until next month when Disney contacts me to plan the trip. I'm most excited about the possibility of staying at the Beach Club. (Early June.. we hope!)

Anyways, I'm going off topic- I really wanted to say thank you and I hope to be back to plan our trip with all you super nice people!

Edit to add the link:http://disneytimesweeps.com/

There's a few more days left! Dont forget to enter!!!
Athena
Congrats! How exciting! I hope you get your wish and go to the Beach Club.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #1896
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
I won one of the Disney Time sweepstakes... I swear the first words out of my mouth were "Can we stay at the Beach Club?" LOL!

I'll have to wait until next month when Disney contacts me to plan the trip. I'm most excited about the possibility of staying at the Beach Club. (Early June.. we hope!)

Anyways, I'm going off topic- I really wanted to say thank you and I hope to be back to plan our trip with all you super nice people!

Edit to add the link:http://disneytimesweeps.com/

There's a few more days left! Dont forget to enter!!!
Athena
Congratulations! I hope you do get your dream visit to the BC. Please keep us in the loop when you hear back! My husband and I enter every day, and it's so nice to hear that people on the DIS are winning.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #1897
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Athena
That's awesome!! I have entered this contest daily. Good to see someone who wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Saratoga Springs
Well I hope its ok... it was the only resort I could get into when I booked this vacation. I waitlisted BCV but it didn't come through. It's a marathon weekend!

~Nannette
Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #1898
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177

I'm always amused when someone says they are staying at Saratoga Springs, it's based off the city we live in! We visited it when we were down last, it was very "old" world Saratoga, not that we aren't still beautiful!
I love Saratoga Springs, NY!! My husband was stationed there when he was in the Navy and I spent a summer there with him before we were married!! I have such fond memories!!! Laid on the ground across from SPAC one night after a Melissa Ethridge concert looking up at all the stars!!!

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #1899
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu
Earlier this month I found out I won one of the Disney Time sweepstakes... I swear the first words out of my mouth were "Can we stay at the Beach Club?" LOL!
Yeah!!!! Congratulations!! That is awesome!!'

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #1900
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, you are such a great group! Thank you so much for all the congrat's! We had a terrible two years in and out of court. This is truly a blessing!

I spent years as a moderator for a very large group and it was not fun! Trust me I get it!

I edited my thread to add the link for the contest.. I hope everyone trys it!

And really, thanks again!
Congrats!!!! Sounds like you deserve it!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #1901
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Question: If the BC/YC is completely booked up, how busy is it at the resort? In the concierge lounge? I'm assuming that Disney amps up their service to make sure guests are taken care of.

I'm booked 8/31 through 9/7. I believe the resort is fully booked the Labor Day weekend only. Will it be ok?
I think so!

I haven't been that time of year, but since many southern schools have already started, and most northern schools are in session Sept 3 or earlier, you will definitely see a dip in the crowd level for most of your trip.

I have to think that the resort will be equipped and ready for a full house, as they are during other busy times like spring break, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #1902
steeners81
Mouseketeer

We will be coming back to stay for our honeymoon 11/10-11/18, We got engaged when staying at the beach club on 1/1/12 so there wasn't a doubt in my mind which resort I wanted to stay at for the honeymoon.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #1903
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

My sister booked her trip!!!! I am so excited for her its their first trip to disney and she is staying at the BC CL August 23-30th. I have the best of both worlds I get to take my family on vacation and my sister will be there the same time. We tried to get them a room at YC but they sold out of room at our TA. I'm still happy I can't wait to see my niece and nephew faces at they see the castle for the first time. I am considering moving my dates to match hers...... Hmmmm

Can't I just say thank you everyone for being so welcoming to all the new comers. I have been on other threads for other resorts and been afraid to post because of the ppl on the thread . This thread has the nicest group of ppl I have encountered on the dis in my opinion! - thanks everyone!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #1904
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Well I hope its ok... it was the only resort I could get into when I booked this vacation. I waitlisted BCV but it didn't come through. It's a marathon weekend!

~Nannette[/QUOTE]

It looks very nice, you'll have to let us know how the stay compares!!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #1905
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4

I love Saratoga Springs, NY!! My husband was stationed there when he was in the Navy and I spent a summer there with him before we were married!! I have such fond memories!!! Laid on the ground across from SPAC one night after a Melissa Ethridge concert looking up at all the stars!!!
:0) Yes!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: