Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #496
Alfonso
Earning My Ears

Always seem to be single around gay days, I just got dumped last month after about 2 months... although it was probably for the best

I'm going this year if anyone wants to meet up... I haven't been in about 2 years but I used to go to all the parks single all the time when I lived in Tampa for college in the 90's. I even dated a few CM's after realizing I was gay! (I was very naive and innocent until my sister got me drunk for the first time and told me I was gay when I turned 25 in 1998.) So I've been going to gaydays since 1999.

Have been a Disney fan since my parents took us in 1978 from New York when I was 5 and I've been to every park except MK during opening week. I'd like to live in Orlando but currently I'm stuck about 3 hours south because I own an Italian restaurant with my brother (I also play viola in the local symphony.)
Alfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #497
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonso
Always seem to be single around gay days, I just got dumped last month after about 2 months... although it was probably for the best

I'm going this year if anyone wants to meet up... I haven't been in about 2 years but I used to go to all the parks single all the time when I lived in Tampa for college in the 90's. I even dated a few CM's after realizing I was gay! (I was very naive and innocent until my sister got me drunk for the first time and told me I was gay when I turned 25 in 1998.) So I've been going to gaydays since 1999.

Have been a Disney fan since my parents took us in 1978 from New York when I was 5 and I've been to every park except MK during opening week. I'd like to live in Orlando but currently I'm stuck about 3 hours south because I own an Italian restaurant with my brother (I also play viola in the local symphony.)
I am so jealous of you!!!! I never got to go as a child and to have gone during the opening of the other parks very cool.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #498
DisneyFreak1976
Earning My Ears
Too Hairy to be a Princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
After talking about the guy I met while at WDW OrlandoMike mentioned I should start a thread for all of the single 'mos but I had to keep it clean!!! LOL

So here goes, I really have no idea what to put in here

I just find it really hard to find a guy in general then mention the fact that I LOVE Disney and it goes downhill from there. Why is there such a stigma on loving Disney? Oh yeah being here in Canada doesn't help matters much.

It's so funny when all my girlfriends keep saying "We'll find you someone", sure you will. The last guy they suggested I go out with turned out to be a complete liar and broke my heart.

So anyome else? lol

I can see I'm a bit late in joining this thread but I share your frustrations of finding a guy who doesn't run for the hills when I mention I'm a Disney fan. I sometimes think they must at that point assume I'm a big nelly queen. Which I'm not, I just happen to be obsessed with Disney.

Oh well, I will meet the right guy someday. I'm wishing....
DisneyFreak1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #499
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak1976 View Post
I can see I'm a bit late in joining this thread but I share your frustrations of finding a guy who doesn't run for the hills when I mention I'm a Disney fan. I sometimes think they must at that point assume I'm a big nelly queen. Which I'm not, I just happen to be obsessed with Disney.

Oh well, I will meet the right guy someday. I'm wishing....
I too am late in joining this thread! But I do understand. My friends just look at me and shake their head when they find out I am going to Orlando, especially by myself!

I am not an over-the-top Disney fan, but I do have my fair share of memorabilia! I look at it as we just have great taste in a man, and a company that has created some great works of art! And look at the fun and enjoyment it has brought to so many people!

Matt
MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #500
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADnNOLA View Post
I too am late in joining this thread! But I do understand. My friends just look at me and shake their head when they find out I am going to Orlando, especially by myself!

I am not an over-the-top Disney fan, but I do have my fair share of memorabilia! I look at it as we just have great taste in a man, and a company that has created some great works of art! And look at the fun and enjoyment it has brought to so many people!

Matt
LOL that's a great way to put it.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:27 AM   #501
baloo2000
Earning My Ears

I get the same reaction every time I go. I travel a lot by myself and don't mind. I'm going back to WDW on December 7th and then sailing out on the Fantasy on the 8th.
baloo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #502
DisneyDork1969
ChicagoDisneyDork

In the early 90s, I traveled all the time by myself...I'd go to NYC three times a year...I would see a bunch of musicals and hang at the bars at night...then for the past 15 years I was in a relationship, so I always traveled with my BF...well we broke up this past March...I'm going to WDW solo on Sunday for a week...so I'm a bit nervous about traveling alone again...not that I can't do it...I just don't know if I can be totally 'at ease' with myself...I used to just hit the road and do stuff and not think twice about what I was doing...now, I'm double-guessing myself...so next week, traveling solo at WDW will be kinda of a test...if I can do WDW on my own, then I'll feel better about traveling over-seas next year...I'll just have to wait and see...!!!

John
DisneyDork1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #503
baloo2000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDork1969
In the early 90s, I traveled all the time by myself...I'd go to NYC three times a year...I would see a bunch of musicals and hang at the bars at night...then for the past 15 years I was in a relationship, so I always traveled with my BF...well we broke up this past March...I'm going to WDW solo on Sunday for a week...so I'm a bit nervous about traveling alone again...not that I can't do it...I just don't know if I can be totally 'at ease' with myself...I used to just hit the road and do stuff and not think twice about what I was doing...now, I'm double-guessing myself...so next week, traveling solo at WDW will be kinda of a test...if I can do WDW on my own, then I'll feel better about traveling over-seas next year...I'll just have to wait and see...!!!

John
Best wishes on your travels John!
baloo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #504
SF Gay Disney Fan
Earning My Ears

Single and Gay and a Disney Fanatic

Nice to see this conversation. Im a single GWM, just turned 50, and so ready for a trip to DL. I am hoping to head down in a month...need a major DIsney fix. Has anyone stayed at Paradise Pier or the Grand Californian? What do you recommend? Take it easy!
SF Gay Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:39 AM   #505
mrunn0080
Earning My Ears

Florida or Cali ?

I've been to WDW, so many times and loved it. I liked GayDays Orlando in 2011, it was ok. Never been to California before, would like to see DL. I can't pick where I want to go this year.
mrunn0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #506
SF Gay Disney Fan
Earning My Ears

Every day is gay day :)

Hi all. Anyone else go to Disneyland regularly? I live in San Francisco but like to get down there as often as I can and not seeing the guy I went with so thought Id put it out there and see if any other Disneyland fans possibly interested in sharing some Disney talk or potentially meeting up at DL.
SF Gay Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #507
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Is it weird that I hate being single but am almost completely indifferent to dating right now? Well, besides the fact that my work schedule makes it next to impossible to go anywhere, coupled with not having a car so I'm at the mercy of the bus. Plus, Dallas gays are so shallow and conceited and cliquish that you have to be attractive to even have guys want to be your friends. And I'm only moderate at best. IDK. My depression has been back and forth lately. I'll start the day ok, but by the end of the day I'm just blah. And I see friends on Facebook going out and doing stuff with other friends. Or people talking about meeting people and such. And its completely unfair that almost every other profile I see online is a triad relationship, and I can't even get one guy to have a casual friendship with. Its insane.
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #508
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
Plus, Dallas gays are so shallow and conceited and cliquish that you have to be attractive to even have guys want to be your friends.
Unfortunately, it isn't just Dallas. :-(

BrdwayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #509
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdwayBoy View Post
Unfortunately, it isn't just Dallas. :-(
I know this, but from what a lot of people not from Dallas have told me, the shallowness is worse here? Something like that. I blame the TV show, lol.
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #510
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

If you think they're shallow in Dallas, try Miami. It's REAL bad here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: