Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 01:53 AM   #2626
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
[On the last update at DL the two of us just got on the Disneyland Monorail going around the DLR. We always have to ride the DLR as one of the rides that we must do every time we come to the DLR. It is and will always be my favorite ride over all the other rides at the Disney parks. We were in the back of Monorail Red. We have just got to the Downtown Disney station and waiting to leave the station and back to the DLR.

My DS used to love the monorails so much that all he wanted to do was ride it all day. We had to factor in a monorail ride every other hour, in between the other attractions, to keep him happy.

Another nice set of detailed pictures. How's the iPad working out for you as a download device for the pictures?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #2627
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
My DS used to love the monorails so much that all he wanted to do was ride it all day. We had to factor in a monorail ride every other hour, in between the other attractions, to keep him happy.

Another nice set of detailed pictures. How's the iPad working out for you as a download device for the pictures?
When I was a little kid, I always wanted to ride the Monorail, DLRR and Casey Jr. Circus Train. Trains have always been my favorite rides and I still go on the DLRR and Monorail every time. I haven't rode Casey Jr. in a long time and maybe one day in the future.

Thank you PiO. It is very hard at the DLR since I am uploading the pictures from my iPad. When I am at the parks waiting for the nighttime shows the 4G on my iPad and iPhone doesn't run properly since there are a lot of people that are trying to get on the web. But these last few trips have been good to get on the internet and upload those pictures to flickr. It will take some time to upload pictures while I am at the parks. It also does take a lot of data to upload those pictures. I have the 2GB plan and trying not to use all of it on uploading pictures or videos when I am on the ESPN app.

The next update will be up shortly.

The New 2nd All in One Disneyland TR Thread

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Pictures of my Trip to the DLR on July 26th to 28th, 2014

Videos of my Disney Trips on Youtube
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #2628
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 13

Day 2 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 13

On the last update at DL we are now in the queue for Haunted Mansion Holiday. After a long morning where we have rode the Disneyland Railroad and the Monorail, it was time to go on the HMH. We could have rode it that morning but the line was a little too long for my DA. So we waited to use our FPís to ride the HMH that day.

We were now entering the HMH and during the Holiday season like on the outside, the inside is decorated with garlands and bows.

Now we enter one of the rooms where we are taken down to the ride. The portraits on the walls are replaced with the Nightmare Before Christmas portraits.

Now it was all black and the portraits are stretching

There is Jack on the ceiling

Now we have exit the room and now walking down the room with the portraits with the Holiday pictures.

The statues that appear to turn and follow the guests with their gaze.

We were waiting to get on the ride and in the Doom Buggies, but there were a lot of people that were waiting to get on the ride so we had to wait awhile.

We got in the Doom Buggies and now on the ride. More pictures from HMH with my DSLR camera. Some of the pictures turned out blurry while some of them turned out well. It was very hard to control the lighting while riding on the ride while it was all dark.

Zero was a little blurry down the hall

Madame Leota floating in the sťance room

Now we are entering the ballroom which we were looking forward to seeing what the gingerbread house looks this year.

A look at this yearís gingerbread house in the Haunted Mansion Holiday which is modeled for Jack Skellington. It was a very tall gingerbread house which had a lot of little detailed pumpkins and a nice stairway to the house on top of it. This was tall than the last few where the other gingerbread house in the past have become so unique by moving. This one didnít moved at all. It was all tall and well detailed.

Here is Gingerbread from 2011 which the gingerbread house opens up

2010 Gingerbread house which Jack pops out

Every year at the HMH, there is always a new gingerbread house in the ballroom which makes it so unique where the ride experience will be different. I know that the ride is the same over the years when it debut in 2001. It is fun to ride it and go through the ballroom to see what new gingerbread house is up. The gingerbread house during the 2012 year is okay where the last few years have been impressive.

Thatís it for this post and I will have more from HMH.

A Fantasmic Summer at the DLR with my Aunt - June 23 - 25, 2014, Going Back Down South with Bro and his Girl - July 26 - 28, 2014

Old 01-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #2629
PrincessInOz
in

You've done well with the HM.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 01-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #2630
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You've done well with the HM.
Thank you PiO. There were some pictures that were so blurry that I couldn't put them on the trip report.

The next post will be up shortly.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #2631
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 14

Day 2 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 14

On our last update we are now in the Haunted Mansion Holiday and on the ride. It is fun to ride the HMH during the Holiday season which it is decorated during the Halloween season and Holiday season at Disneyland. It did taken a while to get on the ride since there was a line through the portrait hallway going to the Doom Buggies. Now back to the HMH.

We just passed by the gingerbread house in the ballroom and now passing by the rest of the ballroom.

You can barely see in this picture that this was the Ballroom Christmas tree which you can barely see it.

Now entering the addict where there are a lot of presents

Now entering the graveyard

There is Santa

And Zero

The statues in the graveyard had pumpkins on their heads

Oogieís Holiday Tricks and Treats roulette

There is a dynamite right in front of us

We got out of the Doom Buggies and on our way out of the HMH. But on the way we saw Santa in his sleigh.

We were now back at New Orleans Square and we decided to go on back to Disney California Adventure to use our FPís for Radiator Springs Racers. When we got the FPís for RSR and came back to our scheduled time it was down and not running. But we were told that we can still use our FPís later that day which was nice to hear from them. So we head on out of DL and over to DCA.

While we were walking on out of the park, I had to get some pictures at NOS with the Holiday decorations. At the HMH, the wait time was already at 20 minutes.

A few pictures of the Holiday decorations at NOS which had masks, flowers, and musical instruments which was neat. During the 2011 Holiday season, they added those masks and instruments last year which was a nice addition to the Holiday season.

Stars and moons decorations in the trees right by Cafť Orleans

The buildings had garlands, wreaths and a lot of Mardi Gras necklaces on the buildings

Now we are passing through Adventureland and saw that Indians Jones ride was closed for a major refurbishment. The ride was opened a week after we left so it was nice to hear that it is up and running again. But not for us during this trip.

While we were walking down in Adventureland, I had to stop at the Tiki Juice Bar to get a Dole Whip Soft Serve. This is my favorite dessert at the DLR where I have to get one every time. It was early that day when we got one but I didnít care of getting it this early sot the two of us have shared the Dole Whip Soft Serve.

My DA was eating some of the Dole Whip Soft Serve while I was on my camera and taking pictures of the Holiday decorations at MS. It was getting a little busy around MS and we both knew that it was going to be a busy day at DL where it is a Saturday and draws high crowds.

Thatís it for this post and I will have more from DL and what we have done later that afternoon.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #2632
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 15

Day 2 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 15

On our last update we rode the Haunted Mansion Holiday and now we are exiting Disneyland and we are heading on back over to Disney California Adventure to ride Radiator Springs Racers. It was a fun day at DL where we did quite a number of rides like IASWH and HMH. We are now heading on back to DCA to ride RSR while we werenít able to ride it that morning when it was down.

We are now walking down on MS all the way to the exit. I like to take pictures of the MS buildings with the Holiday decorations. The decorations are so fun to look at including the window displays which are decorated during the Holiday season or Halloween season. We didnít spend a lot of time looking at the window displays or decoration since my DA wanted to get back to DCA and ride RSR.

The park started to get a little busy that day while more and more people are entering the park from MS.

Window displays with Christmas decorations

The Dapper Dans right at the Firehouse

City Hall with the Christmas wreaths and garlands on the building

It was past noon and it was getting a little busy that day

A look at the flowers right close to City Hall

City Hall

Now we were about to exit DL and back to the Esplanade. It was getting busy at the turnstiles where there are a lot of people that were entering the park.

The two of us are now back at the Esplanade and now heading on over to DCA to go on RSR. Over at the turnstiles at DCA, it was not as bad as DL where there are more people that are heading on in the park.

Now we are back at DCA and now heading on over to Cars Land to ride RSR. On the way, I got more pictures of the Holiday decorations at Buena Vista Street.

A look at the flowers right by the Red Street Car Trolley station at BVS

We are now back at Cars Land and heading on over to ride RSR. When we got our FPís that morning, we were hoping that RSR would be open. But it was down that morning and even during our time for the FPís which was closed. So we were told to come back later that day and use the FPís which was nice. I know that the CMís are telling the guests that they can use the FPís as on the schedule time but since it was closed during our time we were allowed to come back later that day and go on RSR.

All of the Holiday decorations at Cars Land are so amazing to look at but it will be even better when you are there at night. I was able to be at CL at night with the Holiday lights on and I knew that my DA would like to see it too at night.

Right by Town Hall

We just passed by Town Hall and now we are right at the entrance of RSR. When we looked at the time, the wait time for RSR was all the way up to 150 minutes. It was quite long after it was down for most of the morning.

We showed our FPís to the CMís at the entrance and we are allowed to go in the FP queue. We have rode RSR when the AP preview happened in mid June 2012. I still remember those days when my DA and I were at CL during the preview and we rode RSR a lot. Well we didnít ride it like over 10 times during the two previews that we have paid for but it was fun to go on it.

Now we are going through the queue and it was quite long at the stand-by queue as well as the single rider queue. It must be at least 50+ minute wait to go through the single rider queue if it is passed through the bridge.

Going through the queue of RSR is so fun and so much to look at from Stanleyís Oasis. But I do enjoying looking at all the different signs.

The natural spring

The water tower

We went through the FP queue which took about 2 minutes to get from the FP queue all the way to the regular queue. There were a lot of people that were I the single ride line and the regular line.

It took about 10 minutes to get from the FP queue to the regular line and got in the car. We had a yellow racer and were in the back of the car. I did videotape the ride and most of the video was all blurry so I scrap the video when I have watched it when we got back home form our trip. I wanted to get a front row spot but we settled for the back. I was really disappointed that the video didnít turn out well. But at least the two of us had a great time riding RSR.

During the ride, we went through Ramoneís House of Body Art Work building which is a nice but we would prefer Luigis Casa Della Tires instead.

When we got off the ride, I had to get a picture of the photopass of the two of us. I really messed up of looking at the wrong direction while riding RSR.

After riding RSR we are now exiting the ride and it is so fun to look at Cadillac Range this close.

Thatís it for this post and I will have more from DCA and CL.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:20 AM   #2633
PrincessInOz
in

Somehow, I missed the update with the scrumptious Dole Whip! I love the Float version of it....but it is also one of my favourite things to get at DLR. I just wish we could get something similar in Oz.

Great update. Sorry that the video didn't work out in RSR but you and your DA looked like you were having so much fun!

I really love your detailed pictures of the surrounds, Bret. Great job as always.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #2634
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

My internet has finally stayed up long enough for me to catch up on your TR. Nice pics!

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #2635
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Somehow, I missed the update with the scrumptious Dole Whip! I love the Float version of it....but it is also one of my favourite things to get at DLR. I just wish we could get something similar in Oz.

Great update. Sorry that the video didn't work out in RSR but you and your DA looked like you were having so much fun!

I really love your detailed pictures of the surrounds, Bret. Great job as always.
Some people say that I should go with the Dole Whip Float but I do enjoy the Soft Serve more than the float since I get more of the soft serve ice cream where you get about half of that from the float. But I had both in the past and I did had one during my January trip. It would be nice if there was a place that would sell that in town or I am not looking enough.

Thank you PiO. It was fine that the video didn't turn out well since I have videotaped RSR a few times. We were having a great time and this is one of our favorite rides at DCA with MFW, Soarin, and TSMM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
My internet has finally stayed up long enough for me to catch up on your TR. Nice pics!
Thank you Angela.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #2636
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 16

Day 2 Ė November 17, 2012 Ė Part 16

On our last update we finally rode Radiator Springs Racers during the afternoon while it was down for most of the morning. We only had to wait about 10 to 12 minutes to get through the FP line and on the ride. We didnít get the track that we wanted which was towards Luigiís and went through Ramoneís. But we were glad that we were able to go on the ride. Now we just have left riding RSR and back to CL for the two of us.

We just got off RSR and off back to CL. We still have another opportunity to ride RSR at night when we went for a 2nd time to get FPís. Our time was at night just around when the park closes at 10pm. So we would be able to go on it one more time to call it for the night. We were both excited that we will be able to ride it again that night.

On the way out of RSR, I do enjoy watching the racers while we are exiting the ride.

The lines for RSR are just as bad when we got off the ride.

While leaving RSR, the wait time for the stand-by queue was only 120 minutes. So it was a 30 minute difference when we entered the ride and now it is only 120. Just shows you what specific times to go on the ride and going around noon is not a good idea.

Before we left Cars Land, we went around the land again to look the Holiday decorations.

I still enjoy looking at the Cozy Cone Motel with the Holiday cones which is unique during the Holiday season.

Fillmoreís Taste-In Fuel with the rustic looking holiday decorations

So we exited CL while it was a little busy around the area and we decided to head on out of the park since we have dinner and seeing the Christmas tree at Buena Vista Street light up that day. I do enjoy watching the Christmas tree light up at Disneyland Town Square and was looking forward to seeing it that night.

Another look at the Christmas tree at BVS

Before we left DCA, we stopped at the stores to look at the merchandise so we wouldnít have to get something later that night. But I also used the time to look around the stores for any Christmas trees for the quests. I have mostly got all the lands around DCA and I need to get the inside of the stores.

Here are pictures of the Christmas trees inside the Elias & Company store

Another tree on the 2nd floor where you can see the dolls in front of the tree

Santa with the main Christmas tree inside the Elias & Company store

There were a lot of mini trees at the Santa meet & greet area with a lot of Christmas merchandise and decorations.

Now we are walking on over to the Los Feliz Five & Dime store which is connected to the Elias & Company store. On the way over to the Los Feliz Five & Dime area, there was another tree at the toy section of the store.

Garlands and wreaths are over the Los Feliz Five & Dime store

We did look a while at the merchandise in the Los Feliz Five & Dime store but there wasnít anything that we have to get. So we exited the store and now underneath the Hyperion Bridge. The BVS Christmas Carolers were singing to the guests.

The next store that we head on over was Atwater Ink & Paint which had some trees in the store.

Than we head on over towards the Kingswell Camera Shop that had one tree right at the door entrance.

After going through the stores and we didnít find anything that was worth buying so we head on out of DCA and back to the room to rest up. We needed the rest so we can come back to DCA to see the Christmas tree at BVS light up, have dinner at the Carthay Circle Restaurant and see World of Color. It was not that busy around DCA where a lot of people are coming in as well as exiting the park.

So we head on out of the park and through the turnstiles. Mostly when I leave through the exit of the turnstiles, I had to get a hand stamped and see what Disney character I get. But since I have an AP, I donít even need to get one but I do like getting one because of the character guess.

We exited the park around 1pm which wasnít a long day at the DLR. But we were there since 7am just to get FPís for Radiator Springs Racers. We were able to do a lot of different rides that morning to the afternoon and it was time for a break after a long morning. The plan was to come back later that day for the two shows and dinner. We are looking forward to eating at the CCR since we werenít able to experience it during the preview in June. So this time we are looking forward to the food and the inside of the restaurant.

Thatís it for this post and I will have the next update of what we have done at DCA that night.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #2637
PrincessInOz
in

Love the trees.

Glad you managed to get on RSR. That's gotta be my favourite ride in DCA now.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #2638
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the trees.

Glad you managed to get on RSR. That's gotta be my favourite ride in DCA now.
Thank you PiO. It does take a lot of looking around for those trees at the DLR.

We were fortunate to ride RSR during that time while most of the day it was down and the wait time was so long. It's fun to ride RSR and it would have been nice to ride it during the January trip but we had a young child which she wasn't even tall enough to ride it. Maybe when we go back one day with her that she will be able to experience RSR.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #2639
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Ė November 17, 2012 Ė Part 17

Day 2 Ė November 16, 2012 Ė Part 17

On the last update, we just finished going around Cars Land and were leaving the park so we can get some rest for the nighttime at DCA for the lighting of the Christmas tree at Buena Vista Street, Carthay Circle Restaurant for dinner and World of Color. We also got a few pictures of the Christmas trees inside the store which I am looking for during the quest. Now back to the trip report and find out what happened later that day.

When we got back to the room around 1pm, we took a nap so we can be all rested up when we head on back to DCA for the nighttime events. We always need a break in the afternoon since we can enjoy the nighttime shows. The thing that we are looking forward to the most was the CCR where we have never eaten at than restaurant since it opened in June.

It was around 4pm that day and we started to pack all of our stuff for that night including the tripod where I will be videotaping World of Color. Since it is during the Holiday season at the DLR, WoC will have itís Holiday segment ďPrep and LandingĒ at the beginning of WoC. It debut in 2011 and it is showing again this time.

We head on out of Best Western Anaheim Inn where we are staying and it was a nice night where it was a little cloudy. There is a possibility that it might rain that day so we brought our ponchos and umbrellas just in case if it did rain that night.

It takes about 7 minutes to get from BWAI to the Esplanade and it was a little busy around the area while most of the people are heading on over to DL while there is barely anyone going through the turnstiles at DCA. But we werenít planning on going to DL since we have those activities to do at DCA.

We were back at DCA and BVS, we head on over towards the Christmas tree so we can see it all light up.

When we got there, it was not even time for the light up of the Christmas tree. But the other lights around BVS were on while the tree wasnít. There were even CMís around the tree preventing anyone from getting closer to the tree. So we waited right by the Trolley Treats store on the outside waiting for the Christmas tree to light up.

We have seen the Christmas tree at DL light up which is very exciting to see every time during the Holiday season. Now this time will be our first time seeing the Christmas tree light up during the Holiday season which is its first year.

The Red Car News Boys just finished with the show at the CCT and passing by the Christmas tree.

We waited around the Trolley Treats store area until it was time for the Christmas tree to light up. We waited around the area until it was around 5pm. The CMís let the guests around the tree and a lot of guests were heading on over in that direction to see the Christmas tree light up.

The Christmas tree light up with Christmas music playing at the same time.

After seeing the Christmas tree light up at BVS, we still had some time to kill until it was time to head on over to the Carthay Circle Restaurant for dinner. So we head on over towards Hollywood Land and over towards Cars Land from the other side.

At HL, it was a little quiet while the Mad T Party was getting ready for that night. It was getting cloudier that day and we knew that it was going to rain. Hopefully it wonít rain during WoC where I have experienced a rainy day while watching WoC.

We were passing by the Tower of Terror which is fun to look at night

When we passed by the ToT, we were on the backside of A Bugs Land where a lot of people donít know that this is one of the nicest ways to enter CL from ABL. I havenít been to ABL with the Holiday lights on at night which is nice to see.

The three giant Christmas ornaments are still there and look nice

We entered CL and now looking at the decorations at night which is so fun. My DA didnít see it the other night since she was resting up after dinner at the ESPN Zone. My DA was so amazed with the Holiday decorations at CL along with the neon lighting during the regular days at CL.

We walked down towards Town Hall and see the lights on the building as well as the Christmas tree with rims at the decorations.

We canít forget about Stanley who is all decorated with a Santa hat and a sack of toys in the back of his trunk.

Over at RSR, we wanted to see what the wait time was for RSR. Unfortunately, RSR was down again during that time around 5:15pm. This was really a bizarre day where RSR broke down a lot that day. Good thing that we were able to ride it in the afternoon and we still had another opportunity to ride it again later that night.

We asked the CMís about RSR and they said that it was down at that time. They werenít letting any guests to go through the queue to enter the ride. So we walked down in Radiator Springs and looked at all the Holiday decorations where she hasnít seen them yet.

The Radiator Winter Curios shop

Floís V8 Cafť

Now at the Cozy Cone Motel with the Cone trees and lights. For some odd reason the lights on the cone tree and the cone stars were not on. I thought that it was a glitch or something was wrong at the Cozy Cone Motel.

We head on over to the Lobby of the Cozy Cone Motel to get another picture of the Gingerbread house of the Cozy Cone Motel

Along with the Christmas tree inside

After looking around the Cozy Cone Motel, we walked down on out of CL and had to get a few more pictures of the buildings with the Holiday decorations. The one that I am impressed with is Sargeís Surplus Hut with the Americana colors on his buildings as well as firework lights on top of it. Plus it had a Christmas tree on the side of the building.

Than we passed by Materís Junkyard Jamboree which is decorated with Christmas decorations including a Christmas tree made out of tires.

Thatís it for this post and I will have more from DCA that night.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #2640
PrincessInOz
in

Thanks Bret.

Right now.....I wish I were there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: