Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mountains of PA
Posts: 81

AK to DTD to MK

If we start our day at Ak ( we are early risers), eat an early lunch to leave by 12:30. Then DTD for an early dinner and a couple of shops, back to CBR for a short rest an hour or so. then on to MK for EMH 7:30 to 12m What would be our most best way to accomplish this timely?

I guess we would take the bus from AK to AKL and the bus to DTD?

Is the bus from AK to AKL a short wait-quick trip?

How long would the bus trip be from DTD to CBR take?

Maybe this all to much for one day, but we really wanted to try to get some time in at DTD.

Should we get a taxi at some point? Thanks!!!

Last edited by cowcrazy65; 01-27-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: change of schedule
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
NJRRK
DIS Veteran
 
NJRRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jersey City
Posts: 2,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowcrazy65
If we start our day at Ak ( we are early risers), eat an early lunch to leave by 12:30. Then DTD for an early dinner and a couple of shops, back to CBR for a short rest an hour or so. then on to MK for EMH 7:30 to 12m What would be our most best way to accomplish this timely?

I guess we would take the bus from AK to AKL and the bus to DTD?

Is the bus from AK to AKL a short wait-quick trip?

How long would the bus trip be from DTD to CBR take?

Maybe this all to much for one day, but we really wanted to try to get some time in at DTD.

Should we get a taxi at some point? Thanks!!!
I would take the bus from AK to POFQ then take the boat to DTD. OR bus from AK to SSR then walk to DTD. I think either of these options would be your best bet using Disney transportation.
__________________
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!"- Mame Dennis

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran
 
KrazeeK120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 1,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
I would take the bus from AK to POFQ then take the boat to DTD. OR bus from AK to SSR then walk to DTD. I think either of these options would be your best bet using Disney transportation.
I like your second option. I'm not sure about the first. That would require walking all the way through the resort to get on the boat (vs. staying at the bus stop if the OP were to bus to AKL).

OP...I'd either do your option of busing to AKL and then to DTD, or the PP's suggestion of busing to SSR and walking to DTD.
__________________
Me DH
'95 Offsite, '07 POFQ (Disneymoon!), '09 YC, '12 CR, '13 Pop, '14 BWI
KrazeeK120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,372
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowcrazy65 View Post
If we start our day at Ak ( we are early risers), eat an early lunch to leave by 12:30. Then DTD for an early dinner and a couple of shops, back to CBR for a short rest an hour or so. then on to MK for EMH 7:30 to 12m What would be our most best way to accomplish this timely?

I guess we would take the bus from AK to AKL and the bus to DTD?

Is the bus from AK to AKL a short wait-quick trip?

How long would the bus trip be from DTD to CBR take?

Maybe this all to much for one day, but we really wanted to try to get some time in at DTD.

Should we get a taxi at some point? Thanks!!!
You could go to AKL and take their bus to DTD, or you could go to SSR and take their boat to DTD..it's a nice boat ride. But, get off at the Springs stop. I think that's the closest stop for the boat to DTD.

The bus ride usually isn't the issue, it's the wait times. So, figure on it taking an hour from DTD to CBR. It is kind of a lot if you're planning on staying late at MK.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mountains of PA
Posts: 81

Cool

Thanks so much...think we will go to SSR and go from there. Would walking be quicker than taking the boat over to DTD?
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
cowcrazy65
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Mountains of PA
Posts: 81

Question

Maybe we should get a taxi from DTD back to CBR? That would probably cut the time in travel in half?
cowcrazy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
joelkfla
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Orlando area
Posts: 2,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowcrazy65 View Post
Maybe we should get a taxi from DTD back to CBR? That would probably cut the time in travel in half?
Yes, that could save around 30 minutes when TL is open, and would probably be under $10 fare.

The main taxi stand is in the parking lot near World of Disney. In the afternoon, taxis are also usually waiting near Planet Hollywood.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
joelkfla
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Orlando area
Posts: 2,421

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowcrazy65 View Post
Thanks so much...think we will go to SSR and go from there. Would walking be quicker than taking the boat over to DTD?
Yes, it's a 10 minute walk to Marketplace. The boat, which goes to PI, runs every 20 minutes, and it's several minutes walk from the Springs bus stop to the boat dock.

If you're walking, get off at Congress Park, rather than Springs.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: