Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #1861
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Thanks BCV23 That's not a bad idea, anything but first floor. I'll make that request tomorrow. Again thank you for the help

~Nannette

Old 01-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #1862
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
So, I'm trying to figure out how to keep track of things I've read on the threads that I have found to be interesting or pertinent to our trip. I've been making mental notes, but I don't think this will be a good method. What do others do in terms of keeping track of the things you want to remember or do or try?!?
I find that I really enjoy planning the vacation! So last year I made a whole binder with the plastic page protectors & plastic half folders. I filled it with all my Disney confirmations, my restaurant reservations w/ the menus so I could look it over each night before, The EMH schedule, our park plan for each day (just which park we were going to, I don't plan out what we do at park other than dining), I kept maps, etc. Our drive down from OH I kept going through it, drove DH nuts but he really reaped the rewards of all my planning! I also kept receipts in it to help plan for next time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #1863
kurdav
Earning My Ears

Beach Club first floor room

I am thinking of booking a room at beach club for October. I was thinking I would request a first floor room. I have seen some mention that they don't like first floor. What are your reasons? I need something close to the mug refill. I will be only 6 months out from major ankle surgery.(minimum year recovery--been there and done that on the other ankle) I need to save any steps I can.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #1864
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdav View Post
I am thinking of booking a room at beach club for October. I was thinking I would request a first floor room. I have seen some mention that they don't like first floor. What are your reasons? I need something close to the mug refill. I will be only 6 months out from major ankle surgery.(minimum year recovery--been there and done that on the other ankle) I need to save any steps I can.
I would put close to the lobby as your room request. I think most of the objection to a 1st floor room is due to the slim chance that a tiny critter may find it's way into the room in the event that the sliding glass door is left open.

Remember that room requests are just that, requests that are not guaranteed. However, if upon check in your room is not meeting your needs, be sure to let the front desk know, In Person, and they will do their best to try and help you. Don't bother calling from any resort phone to try and get a front desk issue settled while you are at a resort. All those calls just go to a call center for all WDW hotels and your call gets placed at the bottom of all the others. Go right to the real source of help at a WDW hotel, which would be the front desk.

We usually request ground floor and have never had a problem at any Disney resort. The only critters that get in the room are my 3 teen boys. During my stay at the BC we were pixie dusted to Club Level and that was on the 5th floor so no ground floor for us. (still had those pesky boys show up though )

~NM
Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #1865
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

My mom's dream is to stay at the Beach Club. I'm planning to rent points for our 2014 vacation and stay 3 nights at the end of our trip. We have not set any dates yet, but are thinking early May or early September.

Is Beach Club one of the DVC resorts that must be booked 11 months in advance?

Thanks for any help.
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #1866
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbobunny View Post
My mom's dream is to stay at the Beach Club. I'm planning to rent points for our 2014 vacation and stay 3 nights at the end of our trip. We have not set any dates yet, but are thinking early May or early September.

Thanks for any help.
I'm pretty sure this would depend on when you were going (Not sure how crazy it is in May or Sept there). I booked my BCV stay (July 2013) at the 7 month window and got in with no problem. If you could rent from someone who has BCV as the home resort it would probably be better, because they would be able to book it at the 11 months with no problems I'm sure. Good Luck!

~Nannette

Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #1867
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Dee - love this thread! Keep up the great work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette
Question??? I will be staying at BCV In July... What is a good location to request??
We've had both woods and pool view and both are nice for different reasons, IMO. Woods is OK during the day, but at night you might get a glimpse of Illuminations. The pool view is nice and relaxing during the day. We liked both locations though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbobunny

Thanks for any help.
We've stayed twice in May and booked at the 7 month mark with no problem at all. I am not sure about September though. Good luck!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #1868
peaches00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just so you know...the refillable mugs are very very small.

grand floridian 2002 poly club 2009 port Orleans 2011
royal pacific club 2007
Portofino bay club 2008,2010(x2)
Old 01-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #1869
nannette

Thank you 333disneymom.

~Nannette

Old 01-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #1870
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Yes, I'm here!

I do feel like we are all part of a wonderful family. We are very lucky to have all of the people who post to this thread frequently.

It saddens me when people are disappointed with the content of the thread. I personally try very hard to get the answers people are looking for as quickly as possible and to make sure the first page of the thread is updated with the most current information available.

I am guilty of occasionally missing questions and I am definitely guilty of going off topic, but I always go through the thread, when I have time, and bump up the questions that haven't been answered.

I am also very proud that this thread rarely goes negative, and I would appreciate everyones help in that mission.

Thanks!

Dee

I was running a concession stand for BB tourney this weekend. I couldn't wait to sit down and catch up. I was reading along and wham, out of no where came the wet blanket! And another! What a downer!

I found the info here when planning my first BC trip so valuable and everyone responded with such great info whenever asked. When planning our upcoming trip- I am right back here picking up tidbits on a regular basis.

Thanks Dee and everyone for the valuable information that is shared here!

L

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #1871
peaches00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just so you know...the refillable mugs are very very small.

grand floridian 2002 poly club 2009 port Orleans 2011
royal pacific club 2007
Portofino bay club 2008,2010(x2)
Old 01-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #1872
rea59
Mouseketeer

Deluxe Room Club Level Questions

I just booked a deluxe club level room at the Yacht for my trip in June. I saw on this thread that there is a daybed in the sitting area but when I called to make the reservation, I was told there isn't a day bed just 2 chairs and only 1tv in the bedroom. I was also told that the Yacht club doesn't have roll away beds. Can anyone tell me if this is all true?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #1873
Mewissy
Mouseketeer

Do all the BCV rooms have full balconies?

We are staying in a 2-bedroom. Thanks!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #1874
DisneyDad in PA
Beach Club Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
Does anyone know what time they start and stop the watercraft to the HS and Epcot? Is it 1 hour before opening and 1 hour after closing? I have a lagoon view and want to leave the balcony door open but don't want to listen to the horns from the boats late at night or early in the morning.

Off subject I love this thread the way it is!!!! If someone is having a bad day or family problems it is nice to have kind people from this thread helping and offering their support.
I'm pretty sure you are right about the 1 hour before opening and 1 hour after closing. That is the guideline I have always gone by. If I can find a confirmation on this someplace I will post it.
2008 Aug Poly
2009 Nov Poly
2010 July Beach Club
2011 July Hard Rock Hotel
2012 July Beach Club
2013 Aug Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel

Me, DW, DS 16, DD 14
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #1875
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewissy View Post
Do all the BCV rooms have full balconies?

We are staying in a 2-bedroom. Thanks!!
We have had a two bedroom villa that had a balcony for each room, one for each bedroom and one for the living room. We have also had one that didn't have a balcony for one of the bedrooms. It may have been the master that didn't have the balcony.

You can see a picture that I posted just couple pages back of the villa building. As you can see, not all rooms have a balcony, but there are more balconies in the villas than at the BC.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1839

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973

Last edited by Wood Nymph; 01-28-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: