Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
javail
Earning My Ears

Platinum On Delta using Magic Express - what about our luggage?

Hi all!

First trip coming up in May. I know this may be a silly question, but since my husband is Platinum on Delta, we are used to getting the priority luggage tags when we check in for our flight, and having our bags be jest off the luggage carousel when we arrive at our home airport

If we use Magic Expeess or our return, how will we have a chance to get our priority tad with Delta?

We have a toddler, and having our bags off first is a huge peek )

Thanks!
javail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
javail
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by javail
Hi all!

First trip coming up in May. I know this may be a silly question, but since my husband is Platinum on Delta, we are used to getting the priority luggage tags when we check in for our flight, and having our bags be jest off the luggage carousel when we arrive at our home airport

If we use Magic Expeess or our return, how will we have a chance to get our priority tad with Delta?

Thanks!
Sorry for typos, on my phone one handed due to said toddler.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

The 'priority' tags are extra tags, right? It's not marked 'Priority' anyway on the normal luggage tag (with the bar code)?

Assuming so, my only suggestion is to stop by the baggage check area a couple days before you leave and ask them about the tags. Maybe if they don't have them available, they have time to get them. Just a thought.

If ME can't do it, the other option is to bring your bags on the bus with you, and check them as normal at MCO.

Good luck!
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
FoodLover
Founder of MouseSavers.com

The workers who take your bags are exactly like curbside check-in at the airport. They issue your boarding passes and properly tag your bags, including priority tags if that's what you're supposed to get. You tip them just like you'd tip curbside check-in staff.

I've never had any issues with them failing to put priority tags on my bags when I'm flying on an airline that I have status with.
FoodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by javail View Post
Hi all!

Thanks!
If you want to check your bags at your hotel for your flight home, you use Resort Airline Checkin or BAGS, it is separate from Magical Express. You show them your platinum card from Delta, and ask them to tag your bags for priority. We are the same status on United and they always put the priority tags on our bags. We also tip the baggage handlers as they are a separate entity from DME. Your bags have to be given to the Resort Airline check in desk at least 3 hours prior to your departing flight. Check the transportation sticky on these boards for additional information on "Resort Airline Checkin or BAGS" for their hours of operation.

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #6
javail
Earning My Ears

Fantastic! Thanks everyone. I love these boards.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I had silver status with Delta a couple of years ago, I had no problem with the free bags for me and my friend. They knew from the computer that I was silver, I didn't need to show my card. Silver doesn't get priority, so I did't get that. I've done it 2 or 3 times with Delta and SW and never had a problem when I picked up my luggage at my home airport.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: