DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Flyerfan
Hockey lovin' OLTL addict with a deep desire for Disney

I miss my DVC!

We sold our contract almost one year ago and boy do I miss it. At the time I thought I'd be OK with it but now I'm looking at resales again. We have a trip planned for May and are staying at POR (our fav resort before DVC) but so wish we could stay at SSR (our previous home). We thought about renting points but I don't like the idea of not being able to cancel if we should need to.

Anyway I was wondering if anybody out there has done the same thing....sold, had regrets then took the plunge again?
Oct1989 Off site...Jan 1996 Dixie Landings...Jan 2006 POR....Dec 2006 POFQ...January 2008 SSR...Nov '08 OKW/Swan/SSR...Sept '09 BWV/YC....Nov '09 AKV/ SSR....July '10 SSR...Oct '10 HHI...Nov '11 SSR/BLT....May 2013 POR

Flyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
lodge
DIS Veteran

That would just KILL me!! You must've had a good reason to sell, though, and perhaps updating to what works for you now is what is meant to be anyway!!

I can bet when life changes, down the road, for our family's dynamics, that other contracts will look and maybe even fit us better. Go for it again if you want and can!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
Maryland_Mommy
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Yup! I had seller's remorse, too! I was married and we had 2 SSR contracts, one worth 100 point and one worth 200 points. I got divorced and I got the 100 point contract and the ex got the 200 point contract (along with some other debt). I felt that DVC was a luxury I couldn't afford anymore. We could still go to Disney, but I'm not above staying at All Stars or moderates.

We both tried to sell, but it was when the economy starting tanking. My contract sold, but he decided to take his off the market after not being able to sell it for a reasonable price. We were (and are still) are on good terms. He let me use his points a couple of times. I always took care of the DVC and I saved a bunch of points from expiring by banking them etc. He decided since me and the kids use the DVC, I should buy the contract from him. We settled a good price, a payment plan, and now I have my DVC contract back!!

Since I've been to BLT, BCV, and we are going to do a split stay a BCV and Vero Beach this spring break. We took a Royal Carribean cruise, so I sold my points to cover some of the cost. I LOVE my DVC and won't want make that same mistake again!!
Maryland_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: