Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #16
peterpan47
All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them...Walter E. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
You will be in this room before us.

I think there is a room report on the link above in this forum. I also did a internet search to find little bits of info and of course all our friends here.

I really wanted that huge veranda and that is why we went with the room.

From what everyone has posted is the flag is taking down while ship is in motion(night time) so it shouldn't be a problem.

I just can't wait.
I couldn't find when you were going on your cruise, but in case you haven't gone on it yet, you will be blown away by this balcony! We were in 6192 on the Inaugural Cruise for the Dream, before they reclassified the room to 5E and raised the price :-) The balcony is pretty much as big as the cabin. They do take the flag down when the ship is not in port, and even when it is, the wind has to be blowing pretty hard before it's a nuisance. When we first went to the room in Port Canaveral, the wind was blowing really bad and it honestly sounded like a freight train was going through there with the door open. With the door shut, we couldn't hear anything, but were a bit concerned about the rest of the trip. We were very pleased to discover that they took the flag down when the ship left port, and enjoyed that humongus balcony more than I can tell you. When we were in port in Nassau we didn't spend much time off shore, and were in our room for a good while. There was a breeze there, but no strong storm like winds like there were in POrt Canaveral, and we didn't notice much noise at all. We loved this room so much we booked it again for a Fantasy cruise in Spring 2013, but we had to change our dates and the room wasn't available. So we are now booked in 6688 for May 2013, down two rooms from our beloved 6192. We had friends in 6690, and while that balcony was bigger than most, it still couldn't hold a candle to ours in 6192. You could hold a party out there and use the balcony as a dance floor!! I know 6688 won't be as big as 6690 even, but I hope it is at least a little bigger than a normal verandah. In any case, you will LOVE 6192!

Cruises:
Past: DCL Wonder, 5/2014; Golden Princess (Pacific Coastal, 11/13); DCL Fantasy (West. Caribbean, 5/2013); DCL Wonder (Alaska, 5/2012); DCL Wonder (Mex.Riviera, 10/2011); DCL Dream (Inaugural Cruise, 1/2011); RCI Monarch (Bahamas, 9/2009), DCL Wonder (Bahamas, 8/2008)
Future: DCL Magic (Eastern Caribbean) 10/26/14; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 5/15/2015; DCL Magic (Northern Europe) 5/30/15; DCL Wonder (CTNowhere), 10/9/2015; DCL Wonder (Baja, Calif) 10/11/2015

Theme Parks:
Disneyland (Too many to count); WDW (2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002); Universal Orlando (Harry Potter; 2013, 2011); Universal LA (Numerous)

peterpan47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: