Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
Sflanigan1110
Earning My Ears

Show Time Question

Do I sign up for what times I will want my family to go to the different shows, or is just a first come first seat basis? Our dinner time is the early seating, so I would assume we would want to go to the shows after dinner. Thanks!!!
Sflanigan1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sflanigan1110 View Post
Do I sign up for what times I will want my family to go to the different shows, or is just a first come first seat basis? Our dinner time is the early seating, so I would assume we would want to go to the shows after dinner. Thanks!!!
Unlike other cruiselines, DCL has their shows during the dining seatings. So, with early dining, you go to the show afterward (during the time late seating is eating). And, if you have late seating for dinner, you go to the show before dinner (during the time early dining is eating).

No reservations/sign ups. You just go to the theatre. Doors open 30 minutes prior to show.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sflanigan1110 View Post
You don't have to sign up for anything. If you have main dining, you will want to go to the 8:30 show. The doors open at 8:00 and a line starts forming around 7:30. If you really want to be 'front & center' then get there by 7:30. If you're not picky but just want to have your seats be together, get there at 8. If you wait til 8:15, you may not be able to find seats together.
Also there's no seat saving though you'll see others try. Cracks me up to see 1 person trying to save half a row. It's one thing if 4 ppl come & sit, then one runs to the bathroom.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
KEMdisney
DIS Veteran

So, if we have 2nd seating dining, what time will our show be?

Is there any time between the show and dinner? Is it a mad rush of people leaving the theater and all racing to get to dinner "first"?
All Star Sports '03
Boardwalk Villas '05
Saratoga Springs '07
Saratoga Springs '08
All Star Sports '08
Pop Century '09
Saratoga Springs '09
Disneyland April '11
Boardwalk Villas '11

Upcoming:
Disney Dream (1st cruise!!!) then Animal Kingdom Villas June 2013

KEMdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
Four Bears
Mouseketeer

Just off the Fantasy. Most of the shows had 3:00 pm as well as shows during the dinner times. We went to one 3 pm show because we had Remy reservations!

Disney Magic 2010 Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic 2012 Western Caribbean
Disney Fantasy 2013 Western Caribbean
Counting down to Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

Four Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
psboynh
pinkibekki's pooh bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEMdisney

Is there any time between the show and dinner? Is it a mad rush of people leaving the theater and all racing to get to dinner "first"?
6:15pm
psboynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEMdisney View Post

For people with second seating, you would go to the first show. It starts at 6:15 and lasts approximately 45min or so. You would then have an hour or so break between the show and dinner.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:

The regular show time for 2nd seating is around 6:15. There is usually about 45 minutes between the show and dinner. Time to change or they often have a cabaret by one of the enterainers which ends just in time to stroll to dinner. Keep in mind there is no need to be at the dining room before your seating, you table is assigned and the doors don't open unitl it's time.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #9
psboynh
pinkibekki's pooh bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEMdisney

Most of the shows were only 45 minutes long. The only show that was about an hour if I remember correctly was the Toy Story show.
psboynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

The show will finish a good hour before 2nd-seating dinner begins, so there's no mad rush from the theatre to the restaurants. The dinner tables are reserved and the assigned waiters are waiting, so there's really no reason to rush.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There's plenty of time between shows/dinner (or dinner/show). There no need to be "first" at dinner. Your seat is not going to be filled by anyone else. Finally, after 5 cruises, I got it figured out that you don't have to line up for the MDRs. Everyone will get in. And your table will always be in the same place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Bears View Post
Just off the Fantasy. Most of the shows had 3:00 pm as well as shows during the dinner times. We went to one 3 pm show because we had Remy reservations!
Usually those shows that have a matinee are just the ones on a sea day.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
kcashner
DIS Veteran

On cruises of 7 nights or longer, there are often family activities between the show and the late seating dinner. These are for those who have finished dinner at main seating as well as those with late seating.

As above, no need to sign up or register for anything.

There are many factors that determine whether or not there will be a matinee. I've detailed these in previous posts. Bottom line, check the Navigator. DCL doesn't know until sometimes the day before and often the week before.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
You don't have to sign up for anything. If you have main dining, you will want to go to the 8:30 show. The doors open at 8:00 and a line starts forming around 7:30. If you really want to be 'front & center' then get there by 7:30. If you're not picky but just want to have your seats be together, get there at 8. If you wait til 8:15, you may not be able to find seats together.
Also there's no seat saving though you'll see others try. Cracks me up to see 1 person trying to save half a row. It's one thing if 4 ppl come & sit, then one runs to the bathroom.
Are the crowds really that much more enthusiastic on the Fantasy to get to the shows? I've never arrived more that 20 minutes ahead of time for the main shows on the Magic and always had my pick of seats.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #14
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by allears View Post
Are the crowds really that much more enthusiastic on the Fantasy to get to the shows? I've never arrived more that 20 minutes ahead of time for the main shows on the Magic and always had my pick of seats.
We didn't have a problem, tho we always sit way in the back since DH's knees don't like stairs.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allears View Post
I didn't notice it so much on the Fantasy but on the Dream it was ridiculous. If we were near the end of the long line, still waiting for doors to open, we'd have a hard time finding seats all together. Granted we were 6 adults & 4 teens. Then the kids preferred to sit separately from us.

Then we cruised the Wonder last August & the whole WD Theater experience felt so calm & relaxed compared to the Dream. My kids decided then that they prefer the classic ships over the new ones. Overall, everything is less crowded.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: