DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

Unwanted rooms

Has anyone had a room they didn't like and then be told oh well? I got stuck in a handicapped room with a very low bed, no vanity and was told when I book I am just guaranteed a room and that they had no other rooms available. I am very unhappy.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

I would march right the front desk and ask to be moved even if that means changing resorts. You should not be forced in a handicap room
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

I did go down and they said they would move me tomorrow which sucks because I have to be out again by 11am and don't know when I can get in the new room.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

that is bs. I would get a manager and say that is not satisfactory and I should not have to be put out for this.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

handicap rooms are great for the people that unfortunately need them absolutely! BUT for those that do not they are less than favorable.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

Indeed, and I don't appreciate being told a room is a room.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
a742246
older than dirt

I was in the same boat as you, same resort as well. There was nothing i could can do unless I want to go to SSR or AKV. My advice don't let this ruin your vacation and go on and have a good time. If they can get you in another room tomorrow, take it.
Good luck!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

You are right.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #9
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenc324 View Post
Has anyone had a room they didn't like and then be told oh well? I got stuck in a handicapped room with a very low bed, no vanity and was told when I book I am just guaranteed a room and that they had no other rooms available. I am very unhappy.
That's what happened to us. We called immediately upon seeing the room, but were told that we could move ONLY if we were willing to pay the move fee. As far as needing a tub? "Don't you know that for DVC, a tub isn't guaranteed-it's just a request?" And the CM almost laughed when she said that. Boy, did we contact DVC member satisfaction to clarify that one!
Old 01-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #10
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

I bet if I was paying cash I would have had no problem.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:55 PM   #11
lovesthebeach
Earning My Ears

I learned a long time ago to not leave the front desk before I ask if the room they assign is handicap room. That's happened to me a few times. You would think they would ask if you prefer a different room and keep the handicap rooms for those that need them, but they don't ask....so I ask now....every time I check in. I hope they give you a new room and you enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

Yes I got a new room today , but it was a real hassel. I have learned a lesson this trip. And I will never accept them telling me again that we assign rooms, we don't guareentee what room you get. You just get a room. I was soooooo pissed.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebeach View Post
I learned a long time ago to not leave the front desk before I ask if the room they assign is handicap room. That's happened to me a few times. You would think they would ask if you prefer a different room and keep the handicap rooms for those that need them, but they don't ask....so I ask now....every time I check in. I hope they give you a new room and you enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Well, I tried that one time and the front desk actually lied to me. She said "Oh, no-that's not handicapped accessible," so I was really mad that it was, not so much mad that it was as mad that the front desk CM had blatantly lied. Then the manager tried to say that the front desk had no way of knowing which rooms were HA. Oh, really? So what if a guest arrives who NEEDS a HA room? That's when the manager figured there'd been one too many lies and just moved us.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #14
disbound09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebeach View Post
Good advice I had not thought about that one. I guess if they say it is the only one available you can make a decision right there at the desk.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #15
lovesthebeach
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbound09 View Post
Good advice I had not thought about that one. I guess if they say it is the only one available you can make a decision right there at the desk.
Yes, more than once when I found out that the room assignment was a handicap room, I requested another one and they gladly assigned me a different room. I did have to wait, which wasn't a problem. Enjoy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: