Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #1366
teacup princess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 831

Quote:
This is so cute! Did you order this from the main cake hotline?
I ordered it from the Yacht Club bakery phone number directly. They service Art of Animation resort.
teacup princess is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #1367
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!
 
Claire&TheBoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunny Florida
Posts: 5,537

Quick question: If you have a Tables in Wonderland card does the discount apply to specialty cakes if it is added to the restaurant bill?
__________________
Claire Married 17 years to With (11) and (8)


"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #1368
SAT887
DIS Veteran
 
SAT887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys
Quick question: If you have a Tables in Wonderland card does the discount apply to specialty cakes if it is added to the restaurant bill?
I had the discount taken off of our two cakes in Dec.
SAT887 is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #1369
SRiley1985
Mouseketeer
 
SRiley1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brazil, Indiana
Posts: 318

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1984 View Post
I know this may have been asked, but if I want to order just a basic cake for my sons birthday breakfast at Chef Mickeys, do I call Chef Mickeys or the Contemporary Resort? Do they bring the cake out to him during our breakfast or do we have to pick it up somewhere? I know it is possible they might bring him a cup cake, but my daughter would be upset. (Yes, it is HIS birthday, but her birthday is a month before our trip and this is a trip gift to both even though we will be there on my sons birthday and he will get the birthday pin).
This isn't really related to cakes but just because your daughter's birthday is not technically during your trip doesn't mean she can't have a button, especially if this trip is for both of them. If I was your daughter I would be kind of upset because even though the trip was supposed to be for both, my brother would get treated extra special while we are there because everyone will be telling him happy birthday left and right while he is wearing that pin. Just IMO. So if the only thing holding you back from birthday pin, noted on reservation, etc. for her is the actual date of her birthday, Disney doesn't care and there is no reason why she shouldn't get one too.
__________________
Me(Steph) - DH - DSS(13) - DD(9) - DS(3) -
PORx2/CBRx2 as a kid and then...Sept 2009 - CBRMay 2010 - CBRMarch 2012 - ASMu, POFQSept 2012 - AKV KidaniJuly 2013- AKV Jambo/BCVMay 2014 -CBR
SRiley1985 is online now  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #1370
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,218

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1984 View Post
Also, I just thought I read I can just order the basic cake when we arrive. Would that be better and could I still get his name added? It also must have sprinkes!
If you order the cake at the podium when you get to the restaurant, they can't add a name to the cake but might be able to put it on the plate. Most of the podium cakes I've had in the last few years had Mickey-head sprinkles on them somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
Quick question: If you have a Tables in Wonderland card does the discount apply to specialty cakes if it is added to the restaurant bill?
Just know that you will also then be paying an 18% gratuity on the price of the cake—pretty hefty when you've ordered a $100+ specialty cake. You could ask to have the auto gratuity reduced or removed, but some people aren't comfortable doing that.
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #1371
nannye
DIS Veteran
 
nannye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,577

Has anyone seen any Drizella cakes?
on our trip we'll be doing Park Fare and I am "thinking" about getting a cake for mine & V's 5th year anniversary (I've been her nanny for 5 years) She is dressing as Drizella for dinner and loves Drizella. If I was getting this cake at the contempory I'd be fine, I know Chef Brian is awesome but Grand floridian less predictable/control. I loved our cake last year from them, but this one is a little more "out there" than the last one.

All I can think of is a cake in lime green and teal colors. I don't want the 2d white chocholate image of Drizella. Other than the colors I can't really think of what else to put on the cake other than some teal bows like drizella has in her hair.

Has anyone seen any Drizella Cakes or do they have any ideas?

TIA
Erin
__________________
Me Erin (30) & nanny to V (6)
August 2013 PTR! 3rd Times A Charm August 2013 PTR

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #1372
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,218

I like your idea—it could be like the sort of impressionistic Snow White cake posted a few pages back. Maybe lime green, with teal swags on the sides mimicking her skirt and one big floppy teal bow on top like she wears in her hair? Ooh! What if it had the beads they rip off Cinderella's neck around the base but the "strand" kind of breaks and trails off on the side?
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #1373
AngiTN
Mouseketeer
 
AngiTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Signal Mountain, TN
Posts: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I like your idea—it could be like the sort of impressionistic Snow White cake posted a few pages back. Maybe lime green, with teal swags on the sides mimicking her skirt and one big floppy teal bow on top like she wears in her hair? Ooh! What if it had the beads they rip off Cinderella's neck around the base but the "strand" kind of breaks and trails off on the side?
This is where my mind went too. It would be awesome if on top of the cake was a bow like she has on her head, with the ribbons doing down both sides. Broken beads are a great touch too.
__________________
AngiTN is online now  
Old 01-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #1374
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRiley1985 View Post
This isn't really related to cakes but just because your daughter's birthday is not technically during your trip doesn't mean she can't have a button, especially if this trip is for both of them. If I was your daughter I would be kind of upset because even though the trip was supposed to be for both, my brother would get treated extra special while we are there because everyone will be telling him happy birthday left and right while he is wearing that pin. Just IMO. So if the only thing holding you back from birthday pin, noted on reservation, etc. for her is the actual date of her birthday, Disney doesn't care and there is no reason why she shouldn't get one too.
Thank you. We were actually discussing this last night. In order for her to get a pin,do I need to add her celebration to the reservation or can I just request a pin when I check in?


Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo
If you order the cake at the podium when you get to the restaurant, they can't add a name to the cake but might be able to put it on the plate. Most of the podium cakes I've had in the last few years had Mickey-head sprinkles on them somewhere.
As for the cake, I've decided I don't want the podium one. I want to either do the hand piped Mickey Head or something like this (found it on an old post here somewhere):



I don't need the picture, I just want it to say "Happy Birthday" that's it, with lots of sprinkles like that. Is that something I should call ahead for? And do they bring it to our table if I order it through the contemporary? I just need the 6", any idea if they can do that and how much it would cost? We def just want something simple.
tinkerbell1984 is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #1375
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,218

They can't add writing to 6-inch cakes; that's why the podium cakes can't be customized. They can write it on the plate, but there's not enough room on the cake.

If you want anything other than a podium cake, you have to call at least 48 hours ahead of time. Whenever you order a cake for a restaurant anywhere on property, they bring it to your table... if they remember/know you are expecting one. It's always good to mention it when you check in and even better to remind your server.

I'd say a custom 6-inch in buttercream with buttercream filling and no fancy decorations will probably run you about $30.
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #1376
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!
 
Claire&TheBoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunny Florida
Posts: 5,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
Quick question: If you have a Tables in Wonderland card does the discount apply to specialty cakes if it is added to the restaurant bill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I had the discount taken off of our two cakes in Dec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Just know that you will also then be paying an 18% gratuity on the price of the cake—pretty hefty when you've ordered a $100+ specialty cake. You could ask to have the auto gratuity reduced or removed, but some people aren't comfortable doing that.
Thanks for the information SAT887, and thanks, lurkyloo for reminding me about the auto grat. I don't have a TIW card right now, but have considered getting one because I am planning a couple of trips in the next 12 months or so. Just wondered if I should include a possible savings on the cake when I consider whether or not it's a good deal for me. Still thinking.
__________________
Claire Married 17 years to With (11) and (8)


"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #1377
nannye
DIS Veteran
 
nannye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: K-W, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I like your idea—it could be like the sort of impressionistic Snow White cake posted a few pages back. Maybe lime green, with teal swags on the sides mimicking her skirt and one big floppy teal bow on top like she wears in her hair? Ooh! What if it had the beads they rip off Cinderella's neck around the base but the "strand" kind of breaks and trails off on the side?
That's a great idea, I like that. I'll have to get someone to draw it up for me and send it to Pat. I can't draw to save my life and describing something like that..... eeek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
This is where my mind went too. It would be awesome if on top of the cake was a bow like she has on her head, with the ribbons doing down both sides. Broken beads are a great touch too.
I definitely like the Bow!
__________________
Me Erin (30) & nanny to V (6)
August 2013 PTR! 3rd Times A Charm August 2013 PTR

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #1378
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
They can't add writing to 6-inch cakes; that's why the podium cakes can't be customized. They can write it on the plate, but there's not enough room on the cake.

If you want anything other than a podium cake, you have to call at least 48 hours ahead of time. Whenever you order a cake for a restaurant anywhere on property, they bring it to your table... if they remember/know you are expecting one. It's always good to mention it when you check in and even better to remind your server.

I'd say a custom 6-inch in buttercream with buttercream filling and no fancy decorations will probably run you about $30.
Thank you!
tinkerbell1984 is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #1379
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 186

Hmm, another question.

If we end up getting the Mickey Head, I'm assuming it won't fit in the fridge and with there being only 4 of us, we plan to have enough to eat all week! So do they give us a box to take it to the room with and is it in a box that will keep it well for at least a few days?
tinkerbell1984 is offline  
Old 01-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #1380
angelmom27
DIS Veteran
 
angelmom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 1,568

I am thinking of doing the mini wedding cake and maybe get some chocolate covered strawberries too. I originally had reservations for Coral Reef but later DH made a comment about eating at Teppan Edo. He doesnt know about this trip. I changed to Teppan Edo and I see they dont do the mini cake at TE so I was thinking of the having it delivered to CBR the day we check in. My question is we will probably be checking in late since we leave after DH gets home from work at 7pm. How late would they deliver to our room?
__________________
angelmom27 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: