DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #31
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheltenham View Post
This card-less and event-less membership is odd since the Winter Disney Files specifically says that DVC members who register will receive a D23 membership card that will enable them to access special discounts, events, etc. You would think they would have figured out such details before publishing information about it.
There are some discounts, such as at restaurants, that require you to show a D23 membership card. But discounts for certain online purchases may still be available with just a membership number.

Some D23 events are free events, which are, presumably, supported by membership fees. But paid D23 events, such as the D23 Expo, might still be available to DVC D23 members.

We won't know the real story until the details are released. But, technically, the DVC level of D23 membership could still provide "access to special discounts, events, etc." -- just fewer discounts and fewer events.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #32
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
Translation:

D23 won't even spring for the cost of a stamp to mail a membership card. DVC-level D23 members will be shut out from regional D23 events. DVC-level D23 members will not be able to get meaningful D23 discounts, such as restaurant discounts, that require a D23 membership card.

However, DVC-level D23 members will receive emailings and be able to read "gated" D23 online content, which is currently not gated for anyone. And DVC-level D23 members will be allowed to spend money for things that D23 is selling. (Why am I not particularly excited about this?)

I didn't expect the fancy quarterly magazine, but this new "level" of D23 seems like nothing more than an attempt to sell real D23 memberships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
There are some discounts, such as at restaurants, that require you to show a D23 membership card. But discounts for certain online purchases may still be available with just a membership number.

Some D23 events are free events, which are, presumably, supported by membership fees. But paid D23 events, such as the D23 Expo, might still be available to DVC D23 members.

We won't know the real story until the details are released. But, technically, the DVC level of D23 membership could still provide "access to special discounts, events, etc." -- just fewer discounts and fewer events.

Well, the regional events are paid. However, since the tickets go on sale 2/5 for events that are happening in March, and the DVC membership isn't available until "spring", there seem to be no plans to allow DVCer access to these. There is a higher "general public" price for the events, but it was noted that tickets may not be available to the general public (depending on demand). This is the first time that these regional events are being done. I don't know whether to hope that they are popular and thus are repeated & possibly expanded with DVC access or not popular (with Disney wishing that they had opened it to DVCers).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #33
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahk0204

Well, the regional events are paid. However, since the tickets go on sale 2/5 for events that are happening in March, and the DVC membership isn't available until "spring", there seem to be no plans to allow DVCer access to these. There is a higher "general public" price for the events, but it was noted that tickets may not be available to the general public (depending on demand). This is the first time that these regional events are being done. I don't know whether to hope that they are popular and thus are repeated & possibly expanded with DVC access or not popular (with Disney wishing that they had opened it to DVCers).
This will be the second time that D23 will be holding the regional Fanniversary events.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #34
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Thanks, my point was not to say the info on the Member site was not correct, but simply stating there was discussion of it on the Cruise.

Also on the website: *Members who register for this special, complimentary D23 Membership level will receive the weekly D23 FanFare email newsletter, and a D23 Membership number that entitles them to access gated web content, purchase exclusive D23 Member merchandise and enjoy select discounts. This special offer does not include the Membership Card and Certificate, the Annual Membership Gift, access to D23 Member-exclusive events or the subscription to the quarterly Disney twenty-three printed magazine.
ahh..makes sense now..so it basically is a teaser trying to get DVC members to become silver or gold members of D23...glad I didn't wait to renew to see what this was..although by the size of the box I just got they messed up and sent me last year's membership packet instead of the one I'm suppsed to get, as has been reported by many others..

Also, as one with experience trying to get tickets that sell out in seconds I'm pretty sure this 'special' DVC group will not be able to try for those. And yes, all the regional Fanniversary things last year sold out as did all movie screenings and other events.

(Ps..I was jaded..I reveived the correct renewal package)

Last edited by nunzia; 01-28-2013 at 08:16 AM.
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #35
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
This will be the second time that D23 will be holding the regional Fanniversary events.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Sorry that I wasn't paying close enough attention. Maybe because there wasn't anything in my region last year.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #36
15isto2
DIS Veteran

I was not expecting much from the new D23 perk as I am in the UK and they charge a silly ammount to post anything over here but I was completely unimpressed with this "perk"

15isto2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: